Film Noir HoF...Hall of Fame

Tools    

Glad to see your participating Christine, even if you did nominate something that I may like more than mine. The four that I have seen so far are absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to get started.

Great looking set of nominees you guys got over here. I would've joined but I don't want to overdo it, but I will be reading for recommendations.

Glad to see your participating Christine, even if you did nominate something that I may like more than mine. The four that I have seen so far are absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to get started.
Sean I absolutely love The Third Man. What a film

Sean I absolutely love The Third Man. What a film
I love Double Indemnity but Edward G Robinson makes it next level for me. His scenes are so damn good.

Edited because I am dumb and Mark is smart.

Master of My Domain
How does this work then? This is the first HoF I've nominated in. Do we watch the films in order , and all of us together?
Order doesn't matter and the films don't have to be watched together.

But don't trust me that much, I'm new to the HoF thing too.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
How does this work then? This is the first HoF I've nominated in. Do we watch the films in order , and all of us together?

Someone more experienced can correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be correct:

You can watch the movies in any order that you would like. We don't watch them together, but we discuss them on this thread as we watch them, so after you watch each movie, you come back here and tell us your thoughts about the movie.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU WRAP ANY SPOILERS IN SPOILER TAGS. To do this, highlight ALL of the words that you want hidden in the spoiler tags, then click on the red exclamation point (!) in the menu bar in the Reply box. A box will pop up, and you type a very short description of your spoiler that will be seen on screen in place of the spoiler itself.

WARNING: "Spoiler Tag Example" spoilers below
This is an example of a Spoiler tag, and how it will look in the thread.

As the thread moves along, others who have seen the movie will join in and discuss the movie with you. Just remember to continue to use spoiler tags for the people who haven't seen the movie yet.

After you have watched all of the movies, you will send Citizen Rules a private message with your ranked list of the movies in the order that you liked them, (best to worst). The votes will be calculated, and eventually one movie will be declared the winner.

Pssst...it's my first HoF too...but don't tell anybody

I was going to post the full rules when we start, which will be as soon as we get the last movie nomination in. But I'll go ahead and post them latter today.

Gatsby and Gbgoodies are both right
  • Watch all the movie nominations, in any order that you like.
  • There's one week time per movie to watch it. BUT you can watch more than one week if you want.

So here's how this works.
We're all nominating what we think is the best of classic Film Noir.

Watch all the movie nominations, in any order that you like.

There's 1 week given per movie to watch it, which means the final voting will be done in about 11 weeks. BUT you can watch more than one a week if you want. This could wrap up faster, it depends on how fast we watch the movies. But no one should feel rushed, there's plenty of time.

When you watch a nomination post your thoughts on it on this thread. It doesn't have to be a review. Others then discuss the movie too. Even those who are not part of the Noir Hof are encourage to join in the discussion.

After all the movies have been watched everyone ranks the movies in order from #1 being the most deserving of the HoF, to #11 being the least deserving.

Here's the cool part! What we do here in the Noir Hof will matter!
The Noir nomination with the most points will be inducted into the MoFo Movie Hall of Fame.
http://www.movieforums.com/community...e+Hall+of+Fame

There's also a chance that at some point there might be a Hof List that would be included here:
http://www.movieforums.com/lists

We'll start as soon as the last nominations come in.

Yup, what Mark said.

Every movie that is added to the HoF...gives +1 week viewing time. So we have 11 movies = 11 weeks total time. But watch them when you want and in any order. But you don't have to do only 1 a week. I might watch 2 a week.

Yup, what Mark said.

Every movie that is added to the HoF...gives +1 week viewing time. So we have 11 movies = 11 weeks total time. But watch them when you want and in any order. But you don't have to do only 1 a week. I might watch 2 a week.

Or even 2 a night.

Of the 9 films that are posted already on the first page, how many has everyone seen already?

I've seen 7 of them, and they're all great movies. I'm really looking forward to seeing them again, plus the additional 2 movies that I haven't seen yet.

Out of the Past (1947)
The Third Man (1949)
Pickup on South Street (1953)
In a Lonely Place (1950)
Laura (1944)
Sunset Boulevard (1950)
Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
The Wrong Man (1956)
Double Indemnity (1944)

I've seen all of them but only once and mostly awhile ago, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Which 2 haven't you seen?

Out of the Past (1947)
The Third Man (1949)
Pickup on South Street (1953)
In a Lonely Place (1950)
Laura (1944)
Sunset Boulevard (1950)
Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
The Wrong Man (1956)
Double Indemnity (1944)

I've seen all of them but only once and mostly awhile ago, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Which 2 haven't you seen?

I haven't seen Out of the Past and Pickup on South Street.

It's also been many years since I've seen In a Lonely Place and Double Indemnity, so I'm looking forward to those more than the others because I don't remember them as well.

I have seen 4. The Wilders, Shadow, and my own. Haven't even heard of a few of these so looking forward to discovering some new stuff.