Movies you loved but everyone else hated?

Tools    

We already have the Movies you hated but everyone else loved thread, so I thought I would pull the old switcheroo - not exactly but you get what I mean - and ask the opposite.

So, are there any movies out there that you loved but where met with less than critical acclaim and even scorn on it's initial release and still do so to this day? And those that are generally less liked or hated by the general population, but for whatever reason you actually like?

I did a search and couldnt find this thread ... but if there is one please ban me for wasting everyones time

Gigli

Please don't negative rep me.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Lol nice thread, I have to say Spider-Man 3, I loved that movie, not as much as the 2nd one but the action sequences, the CGI and the Posessed Cheesy Parker were awesome!

Id also like to refer the movie The Return of Jafar which was considered by many a bad sequel, but I actually enjoyed it.

I just saw Transformers 2, so I'll repeat PW. It was flippin' awesome.

People site it's trite story-line, but look at the source material. Good choreography, and a relic of my childhood.

...uh the post is up there...

Banned from Hollywood.
howard the duck

hide and seek

war of the worlds (2005)

the watcher

the cell

godzilla (1998)

ishtar

s1m0ne

family man

alien v predator

batman forever

sliver

Sorry for the + rep mark, but you put Showgirls up, which I love to watch.

Maybe it's because it's certainly not one of Polanski's best, but Bitter Moon gets an awful lot of flak I don't feel it deserves.

And, although it has a few fans here, I can't believe how badly treated Death Proof is. Especially when I see the love that TDK gets.

I ADORE Bitter Moon! Great film - VERY sexy. Love The Cell as well!

I'll add:

The Island
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Xanadu

I can't exactly see what movie is hated by everyone but not by me. Almost every movie that I liked, there was somebody else already liking it.

If I did not like, then there was no good story in that movie.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I'm sure I'll get negative rep for this but I enjoyed the fourth Indiana Jones. Although, its my least favorite in the series.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm sure I'll get negative rep for this but I enjoyed the fourth Indiana Jones. Although, its my least favorite in the series.
Why would you get negative rep? This thread is all about posting the movies you liked, but everyone else hated, correct?

I wouldn't say I enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but it was alright. They certainly held no punches in relying heavily on CGI, which dropped the realism of it, compared to the first three. To an extent, it was still entertaining.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I know, it's fashionable to bash sequels, I however don't hold such a prejudice. Although it does reiterate the original film, which isn't entirely bad considering it was a classic, it does still have much of the same spirit of the original, so I give it points for that. At least they didn't attempt the impossible and try to surpass the original.

I know, it's fashionable to bash sequels, I however don't hold such a prejudice. Although it does reiterate the original film, which isn't entirely bad considering it was a classic, it does still have much of the same spirit of the original, so I give it points for that. At least they didn't attempt the impossible and try to surpass the original.
I liked that one as well.

I hear they're brining out a 3rd one, which I dont have very high hopes for. But I'm glad they're bringing back most of the original cast.

I like Ghostbusters II, it's an OK film, though it certainly had a few poor bits that you just have to deal with.

Yes there is going to be a third Ghostbusters. It's rumoured that the 'lead Ghostbuster' will be a woman, though Sigourney Weaver has said that she won't be involved. All the rest are back though.

*I've been waiting for this thread!!!

"A.I." (Artificial Intelligence)
If it was the only movie Steven Spielberg ever made, then he would still be one of my favorite directors...I don't care what anyone says. That was a good story.

"Waterworld"

Sure it was ambitious and lengthy, but that whole movie took place on water. I gotta give the movie an "A" for creativity. I liked it.

MINE ARE:
GHOSTBUSTERS 2
SPIDER-MAN3
x-mEN 3
Lost in space
The Time Manchine