Best TV Movie

Tools    

What is the best TV movie that you have seen? I wouldn't know any because I don't really watch them that much.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I personally liked They Nest, and Dune is turning out to be pretty good.

If we include HBO Original Movies as "TV Movies", I'm going to say that both "Soul of the Game" and "Barbarians at the Gate" were excellent TV movies.

"A Slight Case of Murder" with William H. Macy, Adam Arkin and Felicity Huffman was also very good. That one was a TNT original movie.

Gulliver's Travels.

What is the best TV movie that you have seen? I wouldn't know any because I don't really watch them that much.
I can only call to mind TV miniseries so I'd say the Gérard Depardieu The Count of Monte Cristo (1998) is likely the best one. I'm not sure about one-offs.

Amusing to revive this thread after 17 years.

Amusing to revive this thread after 17 years.
It's incredible it's that old and so untouched really.

It's incredible it's that old and so untouched really.
The OP didn’t make a lot of sense. Asking for the best of something that he didn’t even watch himself.

The OP didn’t make a lot of sense. Asking for the best of something that he didn’t even watch himself.
No but he was aware they were there and interested enough to ask . It would be like me enquiring about the best Japanese films when my experience of them is quite limited.

No but he was aware they were there and interested enough to ask . It would be like me enquiring about the best Japanese films when my experience of them is quite limited.
True, but he never returned to the thread & last posted on this website 10 years ago.

True, but he never returned to the thread & last posted on this website 10 years ago.
Gone but not forgotten.

The Odyssey (1997) is another favourite of mine, starring Armand Assante (mentioned above), who I think was really excellent. My only gripe is that they couldn't fit the Sirens into the plot.

I've always enjoyed watching Columbo. I never get bored of watching the same ones over and over
Peter Falk loved playing him as well.