The "I've Got You Covered" Song Tournament

Tools    

Nothing much to understand really - there'll be no ties needing breaking in this one if I can help it
Can't wait to see how what I've planned for deciding the winner of this tournament goes down
I think I understand why you don't want tie breaking, and you're a good man to volunteer to set it out

I do have a possible solution that might workout, or maybe it's too much work, but:
What if you took all the ties and remixed the pairings and then we voted on them in another round? Call it a remix round. Could that work?

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground vs. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (Traditional)

Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love
vs. Oasis - My Generation

The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack) vs. Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green)

Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (Jackie DeShannon) vs. The Doors-Gloria

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) vs. Cream - Crossroads

Van Halen-You Really Got Mevs. Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House

The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly)

Johnny Cash - Hurt
vs. Elvis Presley - Yesterday

The Wallflowers - Heroes vs. Chicago Transit Authority - I'm A Man (Spencer Davis Group)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 2 - PART 1

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground vs. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (Traditional)

Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love vs. Oasis - My Generation

The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack) vs. Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green)

Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (Jackie DeShannon) vs. The Doors-Gloria

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) vs. Cream - Crossroads

Van Halen-You Really Got Me vs. Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House

The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly)

Johnny Cash - Hurt vs. Elvis Presley - Yesterday

The Wallflowers - Heroes vs. Chicago Transit Authority - I'm A Man (Spencer Davis Group)

ROUND 2 - PART 2

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival-I Heard it Through the Grapevine

The Mike Flowers Pops – Wonderwall (Oasis) vs. Clint Black - Desperado

Victoria Faille - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Weeknd - D.D. (Michael Jackson)

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Iron Horse - Rocket Man (Elton John)

Aretha Franklin ~ Respect (Otis Redding) § (alt link if req'd) vs. Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

Johnny Cash - Redemption Day vs. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower

Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - Kaw-Liga (Hank Williams) vs. Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary

Aerosmith-Walking in the Sand vs. Chris Cornell - Billie Jean

William Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds vs. George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

Todd Terje ft. Bryan Ferry - Johnny and Mary (Robert Palmer) vs. Ike and Tina Turner - Whole lotta love

PART 1 WINNERS
The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (Traditional)
Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love
The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly
Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River
The Doors-Gloria
Cream - Crossroads
Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House
The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide
Johnny Cash - Hurt
The Wallflowers - Heroes
PART 1 losers
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground
Oasis - My Generation
Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)
Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (Jackie DeShannon)
Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
Van Halen-You Really Got Me
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly)
Elvis Presley - Yesterday
Chicago Transit Authority - I'm A Man (Spencer Davis Group)
(just for posterity/clarity - nothing that tied in the previous round would have automatically lost a tie-breaker had that rule been used!)

ROUND 2 - PART 2

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival-I Heard it Through the Grapevine

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Weeknd - D.D. (Michael Jackson)

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Iron Horse - Rocket Man (Elton John)

Aretha Franklin ~ Respect (Otis Redding) § (alt link if req'd) vs. Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

Johnny Cash - Redemption Day vs. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower what is it with my songs all going against Jimi!? dammit!

Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - Kaw-Liga (Hank Williams) vs. Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary

William Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds vs. George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

Todd Terje ft. Bryan Ferry - Johnny and Mary (Robert Palmer) vs. Ike and Tina Turner - Whole lotta love

ROUND 2 - PART 2

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Weeknd - D.D. (Michael Jackson)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

what is it with my songs all going against Jimi!? dammit!
Here's the 'contact us' link for Random.Org should you wish to take that question up with them hun

ROUND 2 - PART 2

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival-I Heard it Through the Grapevine....Love this song! The others good too.

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Iron Horse - Rocket Man (Elton John)....Not big on either song.

Johnny Cash - Redemption Day
vs. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower...

Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - Kaw-Liga (Hank Williams)
vs. Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary

Todd Terje ft. Bryan Ferry
- Johnny and Mary (Robert Palmer) vs. Ike and Tina Turner - Whole lotta love

Let the night air cool you off

Aretha Franklin ~ Respect (Otis Redding) § (alt link if req'd)
vs. Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 2 - PART 2

Waiting on Topsy and Ðèstîñy. Only three of the ten matches in Part 2 have clear winners thus far.

I'll give them a few more hours and then pm if necessary.

thank you sweetie

Still four matches that will depend on how Topsy feels about the respective nominations.

The Mike Flowers Pops – Wonderwall (Oasis)vs. Clint Black - Desperado