The "I've Got You Covered" Song Tournament

Tools    

DAY 4 WINNERS
Creedence Clearwater Revival-I Heard it Through the Grapevine
Van Halen-You Really Got Me
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly)
Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
Chris Cornell - Billie Jean
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (Jackie DeShannon)
Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
Clint Black - Desperado
DAY 4 losers
Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Lead Belly)
The Rolling Stones-It's All Over Now
Ed sheran-dirrty
Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On
30 seconds to mars-stay
Adam Lambert - Mad World
Madcon - Beggin'
Pixie Lott-Wake me up
* - ties broken

Wow that's too bad the fudge is out already. I would have voted for that over some of my own.
Been playing this now for a few weeks. Not tired of it yet!

Let the night air cool you off
Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar vs. The Doors-Gloria

Soft Cell ~ Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) vs. The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide

kings of leon-dancing on my own vs. The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)

Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green) vs. Cornbread Red - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Yaël Naïm - Toxic (Britney Spears) vs. Johnny Cash - Hurt

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya)

Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary vs. Pearl Jam-Reign O'er Me

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors) - Voted for the first, even if it is a bastardization of a song that I love despite myself.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 - FINAL DAY

Kings of Leon - Dancing On My Own vs. The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)

Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green) vs. Cornbread Red - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya)

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors)

kings of leon-dancing on my own vs. The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors)

DAY 5 WINNERS
The Doors-Gloria
*The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide
The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly
*Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath)
*Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary
*Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me
DAY 5 losers
Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar
*Soft Cell ~ Tainted Love
kings of leon-dancing on my own
*Cornbread Red - Dream On (Aerosmith)
Yaël Naïm - Toxic (Britney Spears)
The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya)
*Pearl Jam-Reign O'er Me
*Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors)
* - ties broken

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground vs. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (Traditional)

Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love vs. Oasis - My Generation

The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack) vs. Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green)

Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (Jackie DeShannon) vs. The Doors-Gloria

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) vs. Cream - Crossroads

Van Halen-You Really Got Me vs. Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House

The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly)

Johnny Cash - Hurt vs. Elvis Presley - Yesterday

The Wallflowers - Heroes vs. Chicago Transit Authority - I'm A Man (Spencer Davis Group)

ROUND 2 - PART 1

Nb. those that snuck through the last round by my discounting my own votes last round - denoted by (*) - will now find the boot on the other foot and will automatically lose if tied .... all other ties will be broken by my votes being discounted in those matches

This doesn't seem all that fair... but whatever.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground vs. (*)The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (Traditional)

Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love vs. (*)Oasis - My Generation

The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack) vs. Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. (*)Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green)

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) vs. (*)Cream - Crossroads

Van Halen-You Really Got Me vs. Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House

(*)The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly)

The Wallflowers - Heroes vs. Chicago Transit Authority - I'm A Man (Spencer Davis Group)

This doesn't seem all that fair... but whatever.
Seems fair enough to me - they all benefitted from a vote being discounted last round.

Seems fair enough to me - they all benefitted from a vote being discounted last round.
I'd rather you not discount your votes, and we have a tie be broken from the outside. Then we could avoid a situation where something just gets eliminated because it gets tied twice in a row.

Your tournament though, so do whatever you want.

I'd rather you not discount your votes, and we have a tie be broken from the outside. Then we could avoid a situation where something just gets eliminated because it gets tied twice in a row.

Your tournament though, so do whatever you want.
Can understand that pov - scrub what I said and I'll just not vote in this tournament anymore (effectively the same as discounting my votes). I'll amend the day one post to that effect now

I don't understand why you don't vote. Just because there might be ties? That's a possibility in every tournament we do, and if that's how it goes, we've always been able to get a tie broken without somebody making themselves sit out.

Nothing much to understand really - there'll be no ties needing breaking in this one if I can help it
Can't wait to see how what I've planned for deciding the winner of this tournament goes down

ROUND 2 - PART 1

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground vs. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (Traditional)

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green)

The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide vs. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly)

ROUND 2 - PART 1

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 2 - PART 1

ROUND 2 - PART 1

The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack) vs. Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)...I predict The Fugees will win this.

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun
vs. Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green)