The "I've Got You Covered" Song Tournament

Tools    

Creedence Clearwater Revival-I Heard it Through the Grapevine vs. Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Lead Belly)

Van Halen-You Really Got Me vs. Ed sheran-dirrty

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly) vs. The Rolling Stones-It's All Over Now

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower vs. Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On

Chris Cornell - Billie Jean vs. 30 seconds to mars-stay

Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (Jackie DeShannon) vs. Adam Lambert - Mad World

Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody vs. Madcon - Beggin'

Pixie Lott-Wake me up vs. Clint Black - Desperado

Let the night air cool you off
day 3

The Weeknd - D.D. (Michael Jackson) vs. Shakira-Dude looks like a lady

Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) vs. Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)

Guns N' Roses - Live and Let Die vs. Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World vs. Electro Deluxe - Stayin Alive Cover (Bee Gees)

Nadine Coyle-Fields of gold vs. Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love

Junior Parker - Tomorrow Never Knows (The Beatles) vs. Cream - Crossroads

Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - Kaw-Liga (Hank Williams) vs. Hunter Hayes (4 years old) - Jambalaya

Devo - Satisfaction (Rolling Stones) vs. Aerosmith-Walking in the Sand

Let the night air cool you off
day 4

Creedence Clearwater Revival-I Heard it Through the Grapevine vs. Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Lead Belly)

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cotton Fields (Lead Belly) vs. The Rolling Stones-It's All Over Now

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower vs. Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 - DAY 4

Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody vs. Madcon - Beggin' (The link for "Madcon - Beggin'" has the message "The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.", so I used this link instead.)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Guns N' Roses - Live and Let Die vs. Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House
I'm surprised you voted Guns N Roses over Tom Jones, it's cool, just not what I would have expected.

It surprised me too, but I didn't really like either song in that match, so I chose the one I disliked less, and surprisingly that was the Guns N' Roses song.

DAY 3 WiNNERS
The Weeknd - D.D. (Michael Jackson)
Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)
Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love
*Cream - Crossroads
Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - Kaw-Liga (Hank Williams)
Aerosmith-Walking in the Sand
DAY 3 losers
Shakira-Dude looks like a lady
Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love (Gloria Jones)
Guns N' Roses - Live and Let Die
Electro Deluxe - Stayin Alive Cover (Bee Gees)
Nadine Coyle-Fields of gold
*Junior Parker - Tomorrow Never Knows (The Beatles)
Hunter Hayes (4 years old) - Jambalaya
Devo - Satisfaction (Rolling Stones)
* - ties broken

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I'm glad you guys liked Chris Cornell's cover of Billie Jean. Chris is incredible.
You should also check out his cover of Prince's Nothing Compares 2 U. It beats Sinead's version.

ROUND 1 - FINAL DAY

Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar vs. The Doors-Gloria-The second is possibly my favorite song from my second favorite band, and my favorite song of the tournament. The other is good but nowhere near the original.

Soft Cell ~ Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) vs. The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide-Never been a big fan of the first. I give the other a small edge.

kings of leon-dancing on my own vs. The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)-Surprisingly for my taste, I think the second is outstanding.

Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green) vs. Cornbread Red - Dream On (Aerosmith)-The first is good, but I have to go with a solid version of one of the greatest songs ever made.

Yaël Naïm - Toxic (Britney Spears) vs. Johnny Cash - Hurt-I liked the first and I don't enjoy the Cash song-such a downer.

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya)-Love The Doors and that song, but the other was a very cool version of another one of the greatest songs ever made.

Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary vs. Pearl Jam-Reign O'er Me-Obviously I like the first because I've nominated it twice. The other is my favorite Who song and Eddie Vedder kills it.

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors)-I thought the first was a mediocre version of a song I don't care about anyway. I had a little fun with the other one.

ROUND 1 - FINAL DAY

Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar vs. The Doors-Gloria

Soft Cell ~ Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) vs. The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide

kings of leon-dancing on my own vs. The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)

Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green) vs. Cornbread Red - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Yaël Naïm - Toxic (Britney Spears) vs. Johnny Cash - Hurt

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya)

Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary vs. Pearl Jam-Reign O'er Me

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors)
Never, ever imagined I'd be voting for Ms. Dunst in one of these but the song's a classic and she does it justice

Final Day

Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar vs. The Doors-Gloria Should've had Thin Lizzy that's a cover I think? Isn't it a traditional tune?

Soft Cell ~ Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) vs. The Smashing Pumpkins - Landslide - great classic cover of Tainted Love

kings of leon-dancing on my own vs. The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack) I like this version Of Killing Me, but it's Roberta Flack's version that properly moves me

Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green) vs. Cornbread Red - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Yaël Naïm - Toxic (Britney Spears) vs. Johnny Cash - Hurt I would've voted for that version of Toxic had it not been up against Johnnie. It's pretty good

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya) I don't like that Kurt Weill type music

Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary vs. Pearl Jam-Reign O'er Me - now this version of Proud Mary is a proper damn tune! What a woman Tina is!

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors) Can't get very enthusiastic about either of these

ROUND 1 - FINAL DAY

kings of leon-dancing on my own vs. The Fugees ~ Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)

Talking Heads ~ Take Me to the River (Al Green) vs. Cornbread Red - Dream On (Aerosmith).

Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath)
vs. The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya)

Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors)....Love that one, an obscure & unique cover of a well known song.

DAY 4

Van Halen-You Really Got Mevs. Ed sheran-dirrty

Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (Jackie DeShannon)
vs. Adam Lambert - Mad World

Pixie Lott-Wake me up
vs. Clint Black - Desperado

ROUND 1 - FINAL DAY

ive always liked the first one so was surprised to like the second one more
the one thing i like about MMs cover of tainted love is the instrumental-which makes every other versions seem a bit lackluster.Surprised by the second one seeing as its the smashing pumpkins
i love love love this cover. the second one is obviously a classic though-didnt even know it was a cover.
Dream on is one of my favourite songs,it almost doesnt matter who sings in.The other one was good too though!
OBVIOUSLY not as good as Britney,still however haunting and wonderful. Hurt is probably my favourite cash song so i love that too.
Victoria Faiella - War Pigs (Black Sabbath) vs. The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) (Lotte Lenya)
this one was the most difficult one this round-i really liked both. The first one had a great instrumental,with alot of great instruments that are not normally heard in todays music,must be great live,very shakira! The second one was also great and had you from the get go.
honestly hadnt heard the second before but was sure proud mary would have it in the bag.but that was a great song.obv love proud mary aswell.
Mysto & Pizzi ~ Somebody's Watching Me (Rockwell) vs. Kirsten Dunst - Turning Japanese (The Vapors)
where is that second one from??