MoFo Fantasy Football 2016 - The Playoffs

Tools    

I've already made one blunder this week. I could've sworn I put in for San Diego's defense against Cleveland this week, but apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention when I did it and instead picked up Pittsburgh, who plays Cleveland next week. If that ends up being the difference in why I lose, I'll be pretty annoyed with myself.

I was rooting for Beantown Champs Monday night since his team scares me less than Los Pollos Hermanos. Beantown Champs has exceeded expectations all year, though. In my post-draft analysis, I picked him to finish last, yet he finished the season as the second overall seed. A lot of that success is due to Melvin Gordon having an insanely good year. Needless to say, I feel much better about my chances this week if Gordon sits. Rob Kelley also scares me after seeing how well the Packers ran all over Chicago last Sunday.

My team is nothing special. I benefited from the glut of mediocrity that made up most of the league this year. However, considering I entered the season with AP and Langford as my starting RBs and dug myself an early hole at 1-4, I think I rebounded nicely to even make the playoffs. I feel like I've been playing on "Hard" difficulty all season, having to rely heavily on the waiver wire and choose a starting line-up from a pool of flex players. Like Yoda mentioned in his excellent write-ups, my team isn't a threat to score a ton of points, but as long as I make the right line-up decisions, I usually have a decent floor due to my depth. I've been the benefactor of some extraordinarily bad luck from my opponents these past two weeks. Hopefully that trend continues this week with Gordon unable to play. I think the Colts-Raiders game could turn into a shoot-out, so maybe Luck has a big game for me. And because I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy, I like to look at Mike Evan's recent slump as him saving up all those points for a monster game this week when I really need it. Fingers crossed.

Win or lose, though, this has been a fun, challenging season.

Well, Pete's in pretty good shape right now, thanks in large part to Tyrod Taylor. This part of the preview seems relevant:

Taylor's matchup is pretty good, too, and that might be the most important thing: when you have an iffy QB, that matchup can matter a lot. It's very easy for a crappy QB in a great matchup to toss up 20 points and essentially nullify your disadvantage at the position.
This has more than happened, with Taylor throwing up (and rushing up) a season-high 37 points. Huge. And though Lee (with 18) is the only other big total so far, he's had zero busts: everyone has at least 9 or so points, so far.

The toughest break is Adam Thielen's 38 points on Spaulding's bench. That's the killer thing about all that depth: pretty darn hard to start a guy like that, and right now, that total is almost exactly the difference in their projected point totals. Still a fair bit of football to be played, though.

Congratulations to Pete for becoming just the second owner in league history to win multiple titles! His last was in 2012:

And congratulations to Spaulding as well for making such a deep run.

This easily was the flukiest FFB season ever. Really kills me Petes got 2 and Ive got none, but it shows at least it can be done! yay

Seriously though, good job Petey.