The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

oh wow lol it worked,thank you! I must have hit something then,i dont remember increasing it on purpose..
lol,everything seems so small now

Thanks for helping, CR. Yeah, it's kind of easy to hit it by mistake, and if it only happens once the font might not be big enough for it to be noticeable.

Ideally, I'd have the layout a bit more fluid so it can display well no matter the magnification. Maybe soon!

So I see my name in the Birthdays section and think "That's weird. My birthday's not until tomorrow. I must've put in the wrong date". So I go to the control panel and...my birthday was already entered correctly.

Here's the bottom of the main page, and the relevant section of my CP.

I don't know if I'm the only person seeing it that way or not. I'm on Firefox if that makes a difference.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mofoerror.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	28112  

That user billdozers birthday is the 19th as well so it's something wrong with the display box.

Edit: weird though Omni's anniversary is showing up as well even though that was the 18th.

I noticed about an hour ago that the birthday error seemed to be fixed, but there are still some people in the Anniversaries section who have dates that say Dec 19th.

And I did check, and my time zone is set correctly (GMT-3.5 hours).

After my post with the screenshot, it was still displaying for at least an hour. I think it was a little over 2 hours later when I noticed it wasn't showing up any more.

I just double checked the Anniversaries again, and everyone's profile is saying they joined on the 18th, except for ImNotGibson whose join date shows as the 19th for me. Could it just be that it was the 19th in their time zone when they joined, but the 18th here?

I mean the other way: at what time did you first notice it? Right before you posted that, or significantly before?

As for your guess: could be. I'm actually trying to decide whether or not to track this down, since it's probably just something like that and so relatively minor.

It would've only been minutes before making that original post. I saw it as soon as I opened the page, then I immediately checked my birthday/time settings in the control panel, then went back to the main page to take a screen shot.

Thanks. Lemme know if/when you see it again. Hard to prioritize this over new features and whatnot, but then, new people will always notice this and not know it's been reported, so I'll have to fix it unless I want to have this thread bumped every so often with it.

Not a bug...and probably by design....But I noticed today that the menu context for the gear icon is clear background (see through)as opposed to the dark background it had. Just though I'd mention that in case that wasn't a planned site upgrade.

Aha, I know what's going on. I cleaned out some old files today and didn't realize that menu was linking to one of them. Should be fixed in a minute, thanks.

Remember last month when I noticed that some birthdays were suddenly showing up a day early (but then went back to normal)? An hour ago it was correctly showing the birthdays for the 25th of January, but now there's only one birthday there for the 26th.

For the anniversaries, most are on the 25th, but there are a couple that are listed as the 26th. It's exactly the same as what happened before. I assume it'll straightened itself out like it did last time, but it's still strange so I figured I'd point it out again.