The Sopranos: Camo & Friends

Tools    

Gonna finish S3 then jump into a different series. Really enjoyed rewatching the Junior/Bobby interactions, and am at the episode where Marisa Tomeis introduced. Johnny Sacks was one of the most underrated characters on the series. Vincent Curatola just ate the screen, even in scenes with Joe Pantoliano.
Hold it. Hold it. I've watched the entire series twice and don't remember Marisa Tomei ever showing up. (You're talking about "Aunt May Tomei"?)

And yes about Johnny Sack. When I first saw him I thought he was genuinely frightening because he was so realistic... didn't seem like an actor on a show but a real person.

Hold it. Hold it. I've watched the entire series twice and don't remember Marisa Tomei ever showing up. (You're talking about "Aunt May Tomei"?)

And yes about Johnny Sack. When I first saw him I thought he was genuinely frightening because he was so realistic... didn't seem like an actor on a show but a real person.
OH!!

Nevermind, its
Annabella Sciorra

I thought she was Marisa Tomei...

LOL!

Yes, Annabella. This is purely a personal opinion, but she had the unique quality of being very sexy while not being very good looking (I found her face a bit harsh, but I wasn't looking at it in all those lingerie scenes).

Gah! I finished season 3 and went right into season 4 I cant stop watching!

LOVE the comedic timing this series has. They have an intense scene between Sylvio & Tony, then cut to Ralphie and Janice...

WARNING: spoilers below
..shes reading in bed, hes sitting at end f bed cutting his toenails, she gets hit in the face by one, and he says "What?! You catch some shrapnel?!" LOL!

3 second scene and theyre now with some scene with Meadow

Am I the only one still watching these lol? Ive been straight Soprano-binging. Only break I took was to watch the Survivor season premiere

Season finale season 4 Carmella.....

...finally breaks down and goes-off on Tony. This is the 3rd time Im seeing this scene and can really pay attention to Edie Falcos performance. Up to this point in the series shes had nothing that could come close to the level of release shes displaying here, damn impressive work. Its like she'd been waiting 4 seasons to finally burst. Easily one of the most powerful, raw, and intense scenes of the series, and it was due to her, not Gandolfini. Yeah she deserved her Emmy.

Season 5 Episode 10 -

A day in the country in The Sopranos is when Chrissy and Tony B have to spend the night moving buried bodies lol! Theyre having a nice picnic by the lake the next day.

Tonys dreams are always a Twin Peaks like treat, but this episode it just keeps coming and coming, hit and miss throughout but definitely the longest. Annabella Sciorra....wow, I thought that was Marisa Tomei all these years. What a beauty.

It was a great idea they cast Van Zandts real life wife cause they look perfect together, and shes actually a better actor.

All of youze done petered out and Im the only one thats finishing out the series! Bah, weaklings!

Finally got to Sopranos Home Movies s6e13

Bobby and Tony fight. Yknow, I loved Tony, he was easily one of my favorite characters of all time on tv, but he did have it coming. Of all people too, Bobby?! He is big enough, and I loved the added touch of the Monopoly hotel stuck to Tonys face after lol!

All of youze done petered out and Im the only one thats finishing out the series! Bah, weaklings!

Finally got to Sopranos Home Movies s6e13

Bobby and Tony fight. Yknow, I loved Tony, he was easily one of my favorite characters of all time on tv, but he did have it coming. Of all people too, Bobby?! He is big enough, and I loved the added touch of the Monopoly hotel stuck to Tonys face after lol!
That was one of my top favorite episodes. They really built up the suspense after the fight (would Tony seek retribution? In a way he did by forcing Bobby to carry out a hit.)

I saw an interview with the guy who played Bobby and (if I remember correctly) life imitated art as he said he accidentally hit Gandolfini during the fight scene filming and hurt him - just like in the show, he was worried about repercussions for injuring the show's star.

That was one of my top favorite episodes. They really built up the suspense after the fight (would Tony seek retribution? In a way he did by forcing Bobby to carry out a hit.)

I saw an interview with the guy who played Bobby and (if I remember correctly) life imitated art as he said he accidentally hit Gandolfini during the fight scene filming and hurt him - just like in the show, he was worried about repercussions for injuring the show's star.
Kills me to watch how brilliant Gandolfini was and then forgotten afterwards career wise. Same with Ian McShane in Deadwood, damn those casting agents in Hollywood are stone cold idiots.

I liked the last scene in the episode
Bobby holding his baby daughter overlooking the lake. I really liked his character, and thought they were being contrived by having him killed off the final episode. What a waste.

Now theres a bunch of characters Im appreciating more now than when I saw this the first 2 times, but theres one I appreciate less - Christopher. For some reason Michael Imperioli just might not have sold it as well as I originally thought. He had some range, but was louder than he needed to be. The guy the played Ritchie knew how not to be loud, and unforgettable all at the same time. Imperioli needed more of that, the part may have been beyond him.

That was the thing about the show - it made you feel such mixed feelings and often made you feel things you didn't think it was right to feel.

We feel empathy for Bobby as he's holding his daughter - and it was a great ending scene - but in that moment we forget that these people are murderers who kill innocent people and utterly destroy the lives of good people. That was a running theme of the show: how we could relate to these people as husbands & fathers & families, while it often subtly showed how their criminal actions effected others somewhere down the line.

Yeah, I felt the same about Christopher. He wasn't my favorite part of the show. (It was obvious toward the end that Tony felt the same... heh! heh!) But I did like the little cat that worshiped his ghost!

Just finished the episode where Johnny Sack died. Sydney Pollack did a great job for them that one episode. He had a strong yet soothing voice. Alot of subtle buildup from what at first appeared to be an innocent movie premiere.

Somebody tell Tony to get off Stannis Baratheon's throne before he gets hurt.