RoboCop

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I saw the first two. They were okay, but it is one of those concepts that was original at the time, but has been so imitated since rebooting it is a gigantic yawn.

By the way, I don't think the orignal was a satire. It had satirical elemnts which is not the same thing.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Joel Kinnaman could be the next Robocop

Feb 24, 2012

The idea of remaking Robocop isn’t a popular one amongst fans, even more so the idea of recasting Peter Weller as Alex Murphy/Robocop. However, both seem to be happening, and it looks as though the next Robocop has been found. Deadline is reporting that Joel Kinnaman has been offered the role of Robocop in Jose Padilha’s remake. No word if he’s accepted the role or not.

Movie Forums Insomniac
All I have to say about this is ....

Movie Forums Insomniac
I'm going to be skipping this. Peter Weller is Robocop. Nobody else.

I usually hate remakes.. But if they're done by good directors, I don't mind checking them out.

the Fright Night remake wasn't half bad, not even close to the original.. but not bad at all.
& besides this remake is directed by the guy who directed Tropa de Elite.
I'll give it a shot.

I saw the first two.
third part not so serious(for family) and rating not big but anyway liked too!

It can only work in the 80s it will look to campy now but i will see it anyway

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Killerfilm.com

Robocop comes online August 2013
Mar 10, 2012

Good news for those who are anxious to see Jose Padhila’s Robocop reboot, but bad news for those who believe the film is a bad idea. MGM has now set the film to open on August 9th, 2013. Joel Kinnaman was just recently attached to star in the lead role of Alex Murphy/Robocop. We should be hearing more casting news soon.

I'll reserve judgement until i see the movie..excited to see the trailer though..have been a fan since i was a little kid

The New ROBOCOP Will Be "More Human" - We Will See His Eyes This Time

Joel Kinnaman, who will play Murphy/Robocop in the upcoming reboot, revealed a few details to MTV that may upset some fans. It won't be just "jaw action" this time around, Robocop's peepers will be on display..

"'RoboCop' is going to be a lot more human. The first movie is one of my favorite movies. I love it. Of course, Verhoeven has that very special tone, and it’s not going to have that tone. It’s a re-imagination of it. There’s a lot of stuff from the original. There are some details and throwbacks, but this version is a much better acting piece... it's not going to be jaw action. They’re still working on the suit and how it’s going to look, but the visor is going to be see-through. You’re going to see his eyes."

I could live with this cast.

Edward Norton (Fight Club, American History X), Sean Penn (Milk), Gael Garcia Bernal (Babel) and Rebecca Hall (The Prestige) are all being lined up to co-star in MGM’s blockbuster that will act as an origin movie for the man in the metallic suit.

It’s being suggested that Edward Norton is circling the role of ‘Bob Morton’ who runs the team that design and build Robocop. Rebecca Hall would play Murphy’s wife, Bernal would be Murphy’s partner ‘Jack Lewis’ and Sean Penn would take the role of Novack, a right wing news reporter.

After the revelation last month that Robocop will have a redesigned suit that will now include a see-through helmet, the news that the film will have a cast of credible actors may go someway to reassure the nervous fan base.

Though we should say that none of these names are confirmed just yet and are probably just a wishlist.

I'm guessing he'll be playing Dick Jones or Clarence. It is Gary Oldman in a Hollywood film, after all.

'' this version is a much better acting piece''

That's a very bold statement from Kinnaman considering how outstanding Peter Weller is in the original. He certainly manages to convey Murphy's humanity before and after the transformation - and especially when the helmet comes off later in the movie. Offset that against his portrayal of Robocop as a dilligent yet ruthless deliverer of justice, and I'd say Kinnaman is going to have to move heaven and earth to top Weller.

Nothing wrong with the support in Verhoeven's film either. Nancy Allen, Miguel Ferrer, Ronny Cox, and especially Kurtwood Smith are all memorable. They might not be unimaginatively safe big names, but they were all superbly cast. Especially considering Ronny Cox had never played a villain before. I mean, how nasty is Dick Jones in that flick?

Is Kinnaman saying this is going to be less of an ultra-violent comic book satire, and more of an arty brooding spiritual exploration of humanity versus technology? I hope not because that's a sure fire way to unwhet my appetite.