The Movie Forums Star Wars Weekend, To Celebrate The Force Awakens

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Haha epic dude! Well played Yoda! Epic event was epic

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Very nice, Rodent.

Thanks again and thanks for this video.

Hats off Rodent! Great idea, well executed. It was really fun revisiting these. Got me suitably hyped for the new one.

And thanks to everyone for testing the chat. Got some useful feedback, and I'm optimistic we can use it for the Oscars in a couple months.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Dark Knight trilogy next time!

I was totally there. Ignore the chat archive, Yoda removed all instances of me from it.

Because date-wise, "the last weekend of Novemeber" sounded better than what could be construed as a random weekend in December.

Because date-wise, "the last weekend of Novemeber" sounded better than what could be construed as a random weekend in December.
But that wouldn't be random, it would be a known date. But that's understandable.

Glad to see it all went so well. Sorry I was only able to make a couple of them. It's a shame I didn't get Empire as that's my fav.

Yep was fun, wasn't as many as I thought when Empire started, I was expecting a few more to show up but it was still an epic weekend sitting watching all 6 with a bunch of movie nuts
Plus, as Yoda said, it gave a chance to test out a new chat system in prep for the Oscars too.

Have to get something organised again in the future.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I was able to make it for the first couple of movies, but I missed most of the rest of them. I really wanted to be there for the original trilogy, but unfortunately the weekends are just too busy for me.

It looks like the weekend was a success, so maybe we can do more commentaries in the chat room in the future.

Thanks to The Rodent for the great idea and all the terrific graphics and videos, and to Yoda for all the hard work you do around here, including the chat room.

I've been reading the chat and, even when I agree with the majority (that Empire is the best Star Wars film) I see that I seem to dislike the bits which others like best.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I've been reading the chat and, even when I agree with the majority (that Empire is the best Star Wars film) I see that I seem to dislike the bits which others like best.
And what are those?

Yoda and the Han & Leia stuff. I like the Hoth battle and Vader/Luke fight. I like both mainly for the use of colour and cinematography.

I find Yoda annoying and that whole set screams fantasy to me (I only thought of that today, but it's probably why.) I like Yoda in Return, though. He's not about much, he's not grumpy and his death has emotional impact.

As for Leia, she's a princess. She's there to be rescued and fall in love with the prince. That's what she does and it's fine, but I don't care for fairy tales.

If and when will .webm be supported on MoFo?
Here ya' go:

Just a plain [webm*][/webm*] (without the asterisks) tag. I might poke around into making it auto-embed like YouTube videos in a bit, too.