Kevin Costner movies

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Waterworld is underrated.
Agreed. I found it quite a bit of fun, plus Dennis Hopper is hilarious as the villain.

Coming Memorial Day weekend to The History Channel, the mini-series "Hatfields & McCoys", starring Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton, Tom Berenger, and Powers Boothe.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yep, gotta be sure to watch that. Like me some western goodness.

Yoda, have you ever seen "A Perfect World?" I don't like Costner as an actor either, but I felt that Eastwood, who was the director as well as co-star, got a much better and more fully realized performance from him than I have seen him give in any other role, both before or since. Have you seen "A Perfect World?" If you have, what did you think of the film, and of Costner's performance?

Just another tradesman, working his craft. Better than most, but far short of the best.

He just happens to be in a few movies I enjoyed, including American Flyers (I was just getting into cycling when it came out; and yes, of course, it's not the definitive cycling movie by any stretch, but I enjoyed it), Silverado (great scene at that hotel, where he shoots down two gunmen from different angles), Field of Dreams, Bull Durham.

And of course Dances with Wolves, which is extraordinary.

For some reason, I remember that line in Wyatt Earp, where he's trying to convince Ed Masterson (Bill Pullman) that he's not cut out to be a lawman. Something like "You're not a deliberate man, Ed. I don't sense that about you." I think he plays bad guys pretty well, such as Wyatt Earp and Perfect World. There's something cold and ugly, just below the surface, contained but capable of erupting at any time. I like that visceral sort of presence onscreen.

Absolutely despise Mr. Brooks.

One of my favorite jokes unfortunately is at his expense. Circa 1998, after The Postman. Question: In the Hollywood Police Department, what's the legal definition of a bomb threat? Answer: Kevin Costner phoning his agent with a movie idea.
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

I thought he was really good in The Big Chill.
Thats because he was dead

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I am really afraid to read this thread..... I love Kevin and so many hate him (Looking at you, Yoda).

I saw his band! It was back in April, I was on spring break, and I was on the internet and I thought, "wonder what Costner is doing?" I discovered that the next day he was coming to Bethesda, Md, with his band and I bought 2 tickets. My son came with me. He loves country music (me, not so much, but it was Kevin!) and we enjoyed it a lot. Plus, hey, I've loved Kevin since 1987 so it was a treat to see him.

I didn't get close or anything, but hey, whatever.

I'm really looking forward to the Hatfields and McCoys. Looks great!

P.S. The haters are all wrong, always have been. Kevin has done some magnificent work and he loves movies. He loves westerns. He loves epics. Good for him. He made some bad movies, but hey, so have many others. There.

He can be a bit too bland or dispassionate in roles sometimes but I think he's proven himself capable of delivering great performances. I don't think he's a bad director either, just uneven.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Yeah, during the whole Marvel Movie Marathon thing, they played commercials in-between the films, so I say, like, six different promos for Hatsfields & McCoys. I think I kind of hate it now through sheer repetition. But seriously, it does look good, and I'll definitely give it a try.

Yoda, have you ever seen "A Perfect World?" I don't like Costner as an actor either, but I felt that Eastwood, who was the director as well as co-star, got a much better and more fully realized performance from him than I have seen him give in any other role, both before or since. Have you seen "A Perfect World?" If you have, what did you think of the film, and of Costner's performance?
Nope, never seen it. It looks good/overlooked, though. Thanks.

I'd certainly recommend A Perfect World. I don't see it as this great, lost treasure that many do, but it's certainly a good, solid piece in almost every respect.

Have you ever seen A PERFECT WORLD? If not, it might alter your opinion about the man. I thought he was great in JFK too and if I'm prefectly honest, THE BODYGUARD is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Costner but I did like some of his early work like Revenge and No Way Out plus I also thought he was good in Open Range...

In Bodyguard he was nice.

I always loved the fact that all of Alex's scenes were deleted from THE BIG CHILL...I loved the air of mystery it added to the character of Alex. The viewer is forced to create his own vision of who Alex was.

Liked Waterworld, which had absolutely nothing to do with Kostner...

There are plenty worse actors/actresses out there...and plenty worse movies then his.

Dances With Wolves was a MASTERPIECE. Anyone who says it sucks has no idea what he/she is talking about.
DANCES WITH WOLVES sucked.