The 2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

Tools    

Yeah, not a great guy.

Game's not over yet, but man, has it been messy. If the Steelers lose that erroneous whistle blow on the Shazier TD is gonna be talked about a lot.
Yeah, for sure. Crazy second half. One of those games where you could just feel the momentum shift and it was like Pitt was just hoping that clock would run out. Love to see Roth pull this out.

So this is like what the 5th straight one-and-done playoff appearance for the Bengals?

Is there some kind of rule that a guy can't be kicked out of a game anymore? My god... unbelievably fun game to watch. I knew Cincy would find yet another way to blow another game.

So this is like what the 5th straight one-and-done playoff appearance for the Bengals?
I think it's the sixth straight for Marvin Lewis, which is an NFL record. Not sure if the team streak is longer.

EDIT: sorry, that's Lewis' seventh, actually. Oof.

I hate to see a team lose on penalties, but I also would hate to see a team lose due to an injury to their QB in the 4th quarter. The Steelers deserved to win more than the Bengals did, and Marvin Lewis is long overdue to be fired.

Is there some kind of rule that a guy can't be kicked out of a game anymore? My god... unbelievably fun game to watch. I knew Cincy would find yet another way to blow another game.
Yeah, I'm amazed Burfict was still in the game. I think he literally ran to the middle of the field with his coat on just to shove someone, though I may be confusing him with another Bengal. Insanity.

Something like a dozen people I follow on Twitter predicted he was gonna try to hurt someone well before he did it.

Unbelievable, never seen a game end like that. I doubt they make a 50 yard FG in that weather. I have always liked Lewis but it also seems like he always has a couple of these guys on his team. Poetic justice is absolutely the right way to describe it.

Yeah, I'm amazed Burfict was still in the game. I think he literally ran to the middle of the field with his coat on just to shove someone, though I may be confusing him with another Bengal. Insanity.

Something like a dozen people I follow on Twitter predicted he was gonna try to hurt someone well before he did it.
The flippin sideline announcer called him out of control. Lewis should have yanked him.

I don't think he should have been taken out of the game by the refs or the coach. The team needed his emotion, and he made huge plays. Pac Man's penalty was worse as far as stupidity goes.

The flippin sideline announcer called him out of control. Lewis should have yanked him.
Yeah, that was amazing. Fans say stuff like that all the time, but when both the announcers and the post game guys are talking that way, you know it's bad. I can't remember ever hearing anything like that.

I don't think he should have been taken out of the game by the refs or the coach. The team needed his emotion, and he made huge plays. Pac Man's penalty was worse as far as stupidity goes.
I just think when a sideline reporter calls you out of control coming out of a break, not referring to anything on the field, trouble is brewing. Everyone could see it and we are lucky he didn't seriously injur Brown or even Roth on that sack. I know it's football but common sense has to prevail at some point.

I suppose that depends on just what lengths you're willing to go to win a football game. I draw the line right around the point where everyone is (accurately) predicting your guy is about to try to deliberately injure someone.

Anyway, with back to back penalties from Burfict and Pac Man, both notorious for this kind of thing, you can see the fruits of prioritizing "emotion" and "making plays" at the expense of discipline.

I think the play with Brown looked worse than it was. Besides, no coach is going to care what a reporter or announcer says. The guy was definitely over the top, but he was their life. What coach would take a guy out of a game like that who's making those plays.