The 2014 NFL Playoffs Thread

Tools    

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
Completely different teams and I had zero confidence in the Patriots in those games.
True, but the QB's were the same and the QB is the General on the field. IMO.

5/7 is definitely big for playoff odds, but just taken as a yes/no proposition, it translates into (I believe) a 58% chance of them making the big game. That's kinda the point: being a huge favorite compared to other teams still only makes a team a slight favorite in terms of pure probability, against all other outcomes combined.

Meanwhile, Detroit's slowed down (not surprising), but Dallas hasn't sped up (pretty surprising). 20-7 Lions, a little over a third of the game left. It won't shock me if they pull this one out, but yikes...

Sure, that's correct, but you must have some thought on what you think will happen? I believe it'll be the Pats who will represent the AFC, and I felt that way before I looked up the odds, and I've felt that way since about week 8. What I'm saying is that my feelings have nothing to do with being a fan; I even told Teeter a couple weeks ago that the crap Jets would probably give the Pats a tougher game than most people think. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats lost any specific game, as I've seen too much happen in sports over the years, but surely everyone must think that somebody is going to win? I think it's the Pats, at least to come out of the AFC.

And as far as the quarterbacks being the same, it only means something if the supporting cast is the same.

Oh, sure, they're the most likely team to come out of the AFC. On a neutral site I'd probably just flip a coin between them and Denver, but at home they're the favorites. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable betting on such a game, though.

But if nothing else, I gotta say, it's really amazing that we're even talking about this, given how disordered they look through the first month of the season. It's quite a turnaround. Ditto Seattle, in fact, starting 6-4 and letting bad teams hang around. Now both are the favorites in their conference. What kinda odds could you have gotten on that going into week 5?

I saw that about what the coach said about Flacco. I guess he's just supporting his guys, which is fine. I like the Steelers QB better, but it seems that he's been a bit of a one man show lately.

The Pats didn't have it at all after 4 games; they looked bad. Some players emerged on both sides of the ball and the whole team changed.

He beat him two out of three times in the playoffs. Nuff said.
It's not a one on one game in any way, shape, or form. Not to be insulting, but that's a ludicrous statement. It didn't matter who the Pats QB was for those games; if it was someone else, they would've been 0-3.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Drives me but in itself that Suh gets to play in this game, much less that he's making plays that are critical in it.

Doesn't deserve to be playing in this one, at all.

That's what I'm rooting for, although Seattle is very scary. I don't know if the Pats would win, but they'd certainly put up a way better showing than the Broncos last year.