Obama's Failures

Tools    

No, that is not what I aM SAYING, THEY ALL SCREW-UP. i AM SAYING YOU SPECIFICALLY WANT TO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT MINOR THINGS, LIKE SOME UNFULFILLED CAMPAIGN PROMISES WHEN IT WAS OBAMA AND LOOK THE OTHER WAY IF IT IS A rEPUBLICAN.
I'm sorry, did you just suggest that the Patriot Act, Gitmo, drone strikes, and the executive power Obama criticized relentlessly before he became President are "minor things"?

Semper Fooey
Yes.

I wish we had a smilie that was just a mouth hanging open.

How about Fast & Furious? That just a minor little thing, too? Just some assault weapons, just a dead border agent. No biggie. Nothing to see here.

Semper Fooey
Fast and Furious went wrong. But not all the statements you have made are correct or have been accepted as fact.

if everything you said was true about it, why hasn't it become a bigger issue?

Obama still moderated policies with regard to those issues from the Bush Administration. It is hardly the case he kept everything in place to status quo.

That is why, overall, that some campaign pledges didn't come to pass is relatively unimportant.

Fast and Furious went wrong. But not all the statements you have made are correct or have been accepted as fact.
Like? I asked you above to elaborate on this.

Holy crap, welcome to the party, will.

Obama still moderated policies with regard to those issues from the Bush Administration. It is hardly the case he kept everything in place to status quo.
So what'd he change, and why does that give him slack? And which ones has he just straight-up broken his word on? You're only talking in generalities.

That is why, overall, that some campaign pledges didn't come to pass is relatively unimportant.
So torture, which doesn't work, retention of whistleblowers, bombing funerals, maintaining and extending the Patriot Act, making sure that SPECIFICALLY indefinite detention of Americans goes through in court, not to mention economic issues, those are all minor. Wow. Maybe I have seen it all now. People have allowed their standards to be lowered so far by media that some of the most abhorrent things our country has done are now minor quibbles. "It's just a scratch."

Time to move to Finland, back on the boats lads.

Btw I love this quote: "When Eric Holder found out about it, he discontinued it."

Disrupts people's idea of safe place. Social unrest is the last thing the media wants.

Semper Fooey
Because most of what you say about Fast and furious is Fox News stuff. There is no point in getting in a point by point debate about it.

Like I said before, you can talk all you want about it.

Now and after Obama is re-elected.

Maybe it will matter more then.

Semper Fooey
So torture, which doesn't work, retention of whistleblowers, bombing funerals, maintaining and extending the Patriot Act, making sure that SPECIFICALLY indefinite detention of Americans goes through in court, not to mention economic issues, those are all minor. Wow. Maybe I have seen it all now. People have allowed their standards to be lowered so far by media that some of the most abhorrent things our country has done are now minor quibbles. "It's just a scratch."

Time to move to Finland, back on the boats lads.

Btw I love this quote: "When Eric Holder found out about it, he discontinued it."

Disrupts people's idea of safe place. Social unrest is the last thing the media wants.
They aren't waterboarding anymore, so where is this administration still torturing?

Because most of what you say about Fast and furious is Fox News stuff. There is no point in getting in a point by point debate about it.
I've never heard talking about facts being related to Fox News, are you sure that's what you want to say?

Because most of what you say about Fast and furious is Fox News stuff.
Translation: it's outside of your echo chamber, therefore it doesn't count.

None of the links I posted were to Fox News. But three of them were, I admit, to notorious right-wing spin machines like the Washington Post, CBS, and CNN.

There is no point in getting in a point by point debate about it.
Translation: it was a kneejerk contradiction and you don't actually know anything about it.

You said it's distorted. You said it twice, in fact. What part is distorted?

Semper Fooey
I've never heard talking about facts being related to Fox News, are you sure that's what you want to say?
Statemnts Yoda made was Fox News variety, making charges that are not recognized as universal facts. There are the facts about Fast and Furious and Fox spin. Yoda was giving Fox spin.

A lot of the stiff in this thread comes from conservative media, not mainstream.

Semper Fooey
I have read plenty about it, but this election isn't about it.

They screwed up, but again you make false assertions or unverified ones and you can keep making them.

Meanwhile, while the Obama bounce is technically over in national polls, the electoral map is getting smaller for Romney as more swing states are getting out of reach.

If you think talking about the failures of Fast and Furious is a potential game changer, I suggest you contact the Romney campaign to focus on it.

Statemnts Yoda made was Fox News variety, making charges that are not recognized as universal facts. There are the facts about Fast and Furious and Fox spin. Yoda was giving Fox spin.
Like what?

A lot of the stiff in this thread comes from conservative media, not mainstream.
Like what?

They screwed up, but again you make false assertions or unverified ones and you can keep making them.
Like what?

Do you come from an alternate dimension where you can just say things are false, and just keep saying that without ever explaining why no matter how many times you're asked? And in this alternate dimension, is Harry Reid President?

If you think talking about the failures of Fast and Furious is a potential game changer, I suggest you contact the Romney campaign to focus on it.
I'm talking about the failures of Fast & Furious in reality, as a policy that has consequences. You do understand that there's an objective reality where things happen and have meaning and significance even when they don't change the results of elections, right? You know Brian Terry is dead, and doesn't magically spring back to life if Obama wins, right? Because if you know these things, then responses like the above are inexplicable.

I'm going to stick with the main issue here which is Obama'a failure(s) and I'm going to keep it real simple:
Domesticaly the US is economicaly definitely not better off than it was 3 years, 9 months a go when Obama took office.
The unemployment rate is higher, the insurance rates keep going up, we had socialized medecine showed down our throats so that those that can't afford it can pay penalties and help big government more.
We have slipped from the number one economic spot in the world to the number 8 spot.
Our international credit rating has been lowered.
We owe China so much money that it gave up on the idea of forming a Pan-Asian currency ( Asian version of the Euro, which would completely kill the Dollar ).
As far as foreign policy goes Obama has undermined The US political reputation in the world. Before we were at least feared but now we are jeered and laughed at.
In the Middle East, he has actually helped the Muslim Brotherhood attain power in Egypt, Tunisia and Lybia and they definitely want the USA out of there.
Obama is all smoke and mirrors, making a priority going after a man (Bin Ladin ) who was no longer a viable threat and not even mentioning the name of the man responsible for 9/11 2012 co-ordinated attacks against US Embassies in Lybia, Tunisia and Egypt, embassies that were left defenseless.
Also, Obama's relationship with the leaders of two very important powers, Putin and Hu Jin Tao, are non-existent not to mention his enmity towards Netanyahu, who is vital to our interests in that region, but Obama embraces Hugo Chavez, who is a sworn enemy of the USA.
Those are the facts.
Should Obama get re-elected, not only will we continue on an economic downward spiral but we will become weaker yet in our foreign policy and more vulnerable to outside attacks.
He clearly has a personal agenda that is not in the best interests of the majority of Americans.

Speaking of our world standing, it would be instructive to remember just how naive both he and many of his supporters were about this stuff back in 2008. For example:

Q: But you also mentioned you might change the image of the United States in the world in the talk that you gave tonight.

Obama: Well, and I believe that's true. I think that the day I'm inaugurated, the world will look at America differently. America will look at itself differently. And that's more than just symbolic, that is political capital that can be used to make America safer, and to restore its standing in the world.
Of course, reality has punched this idea in the face a lot over the last few years, and the Embassy attack is the uppercut that forces the ref to stop the fight.

Obviously, making rosy promises that have to meet hard reality is a time honored tradition among all candidates-cum-Presidents. But the diversion between this quote and the reality is exceptionally large, and it's difficult to overstate just how ridiculous it was that anyone ever took the above seriously. A lot of people (including Obama himself, apparently) really thought the symbolic value of his election would ripple throughout the world and result in a new world image for the United States. "Stronger at home, more respected in the world" was a mantra his campaign repeated very often. And we're neither.