Obama's Failures

Tools    

I figure politics should seem dull to dumb and superficial people. That way they'll be less likely to cause problems. Let them vote for american idols while the smart people weigh the pros and cons of ideas.

Of course, the news media became another form of entertainment decades ago. I literally watched it happen.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I guess the Iraq War wasn't important, because hey, Bush got reelected. Cool logic, bro.

If your only response to this scandal is to doubt whether or not it'll affect the election, then you might as well hold up a big sign that says "I HAVE NO WAY OF MEANINGFULLY RESPONDING TO THIS."

Even if it did (which it didn't) why is he continuing it? Guantanamo, Patriot Act, warrantless wiretapping etc. all began before him but he's openly continued them. He's missing the point. I can't tell if these people are that stupid or the voters are.

The public decides what is important.
This tips the scales a bit of course

Of course, the news media became another form of entertainment decades ago. I literally watched it happen.
Remember when we spent all that money we didn't have? That was a cool episode. Season 2009 was pretty depressing, though.

Even if it did (which it didn't) why is he continuing it? Guantanamo, Patriot Act, warrantless wiretapping etc. all began before him but he's openly continued them. He's missing the point. I can't tell if these people are that stupid or the voters are.
WHO CARES IT PROBABLY WONT AFFECT THE ELECTION I'LL BET HE WINS THEREFORE ALL OF THESE ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID. COMMENCE INSERTING UNNECESSARY PARAGRAPH BREAK:

Try to keep up with the new logic we're using here, man.

Semper Fooey
Wait, so campaigns should be more about dull, substantive things like policies and results rather than exciting, gossipy things like how people come off, how charismatic they are, how things look or sound, or who can make people believe they care more?

What a curious notion, sir! Please tell me more of this strange new approach to politics.
We don't have a parliamentary form of governemnt. Issues matter, but when you are electing a President factors such as leadership and competency matter as well. And charisma is part of leadership. How they react to a crisis matters. What they say about forty percent of the country also matters.

Romney has not been running an issues focused campaign. He has been real light on specifics. He could have made this a policy focused campaign if he had wanted to.

WHO CARES IT PROBABLY WONT AFFECT THE ELECTION I'LL BET HE WINS THEREFORE ALL OF THESE ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID. COMMENCE INSERTING UNNECESSARY PARAGRAPH BREAK:

Oh terribly sorry.

4 + 7 = 11

7 + 4 - 1 - 1 = 9

Wow I just solved 9/11 guys.

Vote Obama. Jeesy Creesy.

We don't have a parliamentary form of governemnt. Isuues matter, but when you are electing a President factors such as leadership and competency matter as well. And charisma is part of leadership. How they react to a crisis matters. What they say about forty percent of the country also matters.
Again, self-fulfilling logic: things matter because people let them dictate their decisions. If they cared less about how things are presented, the presentation would matter less. If they cared more about policy, policy would matter more. Saying it matters is a tautology.

Semper Fooey

So you think it is terrible Obama is continuing some policies started by Bush?

So you think it is terrible Obama is continuing some policies started by Bush?
What's terrible is that he would excoriate them, become President, keep doing them, and lots of his supporters would just look the other way at the stuff they were outraged about before.

Semper Fooey
He tried to change some, and did not criticize all of them. and the political reality constrained him from making some changes he wanted to.

I seem to recall when Bush was president mny conservatives were silent about Bush policies that they were critical of when they were done under Clinton.

He tried to change some, and did not criticize all of them. and the political reality constrained him from making some changes he wanted to.
My, how vague. Which ones did he try to change? Are you admitting he's completely failed to follow through on the others? And which ones are his supporters giving him a pass on? And how much responsibility does a President bear for making laundry lists of unrealistic promises?

I seem to recall when Bush was president mny conservatives were silent about Bush policies that they were critical of when they were done under Clinton.
Clumsy attrition really is the only thing in your playbook, isn't it? You literally have no idea how to defend this guy's record.

Semper Fooey
You are shocked when some Obama supporters don't make a stink about broken promises, but not when some Bush supporters do the same thing.

It is incredible your double standards.

And it it is you who constantly does that. I don't.

Semper Fooey
My, how vague. Which ones did he try to change? Are you admitting he's completely failed to follow through on the others? And which ones are his supporters giving him a pass on? And how much responsibility does a President bear for making laundry lists of unrealistic promises?
They all do it, make promises they can't keep. Bush did it also.

Right, I forgot this part of your MO: Republican screwups are always particularly bad and need to be accounted for, and Democratic screwups are always just stuff everybody does and can be brushed off.

They all do it, make promises they can't keep. Bush did it also.
Yup, they all do sometimes. So either a) we never talk about any of them or b) we critique them based on how major the issues are and how frequently they do it. I say we go with b). So let's go through them. You can start by actually answering those questions you were quoting.

Before the topic shifts any further, by the way, can we all stop and reflect for a moment on the fact that will was actually trying to make the case that giving guns to drug cartels, losing track of them, having them kill an American border agent, and then contradicting themselves and stonewalling the investigation doesn't matter?

Seriously. That actually happened. Just now. It's still there and everything.

Semper Fooey
Like I said before you have presented a distorted version of events.

And if what you say actually did happen the way you said it did, then Obama can do no wrong in the eyes of the people and romney might as well skip the election.

Semper Fooey
Right, I forgot this part of your MO: Republican screwups are always particularly bad and need to be accounted for, and Democratic screwups are always just stuff everybody does and can be brushed off.

Yup, they all do sometimes. So either a) we never talk about any of them or b) we critique them based on how major the issues are and how frequently they do it. I say we go with b). So let's go through them. You can start by actually answering those questions you were quoting.
No, that is not what I aM SAYING, THEY ALL SCREW-UP. i AM SAYING YOU SPECIFICALLY WANT TO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT MINOR THINGS, LIKE SOME UNFULFILLED CAMPAIGN PROMISES WHEN IT WAS OBAMA AND LOOK THE OTHER WAY IF IT IS A rEPUBLICAN.