What Ticks You Off?

Tools    

Was that Conason article on SALON, Arthur? I think I read it -- yer right, Conason is Brilliant -- one of the best books I ever read last year was his HUNTING OF THE PRESIDENT: THE 10 YEAR CAMPAIGN TO DESTROY BILL & HILLARY CLINTON. On the other hand, Horowitless is a joke -- reading his stuff makes me feel like one of those looky-loos at a train wreck. You're appalled, but you can't help but crane your neck to see the disaster.

As for Ivins (I thought SHRUB was hysterical) & Vidal & Chomsky, yes, I like them, but I was making the distinction between PRINT commentators and TV poofery.

What ticks me off? It ticks me off when TWT says that he's not my friend. I think he only says that because he's angry that he only has 64mb of ram though. After a while it became completely obvious that TWT needed more ram. So as a loyal step brother with no money would do... I carved him Jonathon Taylor Thomas out of soap. Thats when i knew I was the best stepbrother there could ever be, thats when I knew I was no longer a TWTwannabe... I was TWT. The way i figure it is in an earlier life (the one after i was maddonna but before i was ricky martin) i was TWT. Somewhere around a long time ago i used to be the greatest person on earth, no I no longer am. Now I am just a reincarnated wannabe, but as long as I can serve TWT, wannabe is fine.

I love your brothers, Commish. They don't make any sense.

Wanna make out?
hey, I make perfect sense, I mean look at it from my point of view, I'm just trying to gain more info about the great TWT, how can that not make sense?

Originally posted by Pigsnie
I love your brothers, Commish. They don't make any sense.
You can have them if you want.

Yeah, funny, huh? For the first 3 years -- then it gets old.

I love you too Pigsie, but not as much as I love TWT. One time when TWT was just a little tyke, he saved me from beat up by the schoolyard bully. They he dragged me all the way home and beat me with his own pants!

I hate Rush Limpbaugh and everyone who like him. I also hate when people talk about him which is why I didn't read all those posts earlier in this thread.

I hate that this post is 4 pages long and I don't know what it's about 'cause I didn't read the earlier posts.

I hate when a girl flirts and sings and acts like she likes me, then says no when I ask her out.

I hate late fees.

That's all I hate for today.

Sun~

Originally posted by sunfrog
I hate Rush Limpbaugh and everyone who like him. I also hate when people talk about him which is why I didn't read all those posts earlier in this thread.
I hate people who say that. I agree with most of the others, however.

Things I hate. A list by Pigsnielite.

When Pigsnie tells me to put something that I really want to eat back on the grocery shelf. Like the other day, he wouldnt buy me 10 frozen pizzas.

Green vegtables especially brocoli.

The weakest link. I hate that woman.
Tony Slattery.

WHen Pigsnie tells me the cell phone is only for emergencys.

I hate it when my cat chairman Meow disappears sometimes for days. I think she is fooling around with anothe cat in the neighborhood.

When Sophie gets all bossy.

I hate %#%#^%#!$*&$& ****** #@!##^** **** **** #$#!!!
I bet you're wondering what I said huh?

You hate tic tac toe & asteriscs.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'll be positive, and just say I love when I open a new container of butter and its soo pure, untouched. It's just so smooth! It looks so peaceful!

I dont know but you sound kinda sick, OG.

Originally posted by PigsnieLite
I dont know but you sound kinda sick, OG.
Yeah--we have a lot of those in MovieForums but ain't it GREAT??!!!!!

more things I hate.

When I have to wash the car after its been sittin under a tree all day. Th bird poop gets so hard you have to use dynamite to blast it off. Of course Pigsnie doesnt want me to use dynamite because its going to ruin the paint job. so I have to thinkof something else like maybe DRANO.

Being at a wedding (& the days leading to a wedding) ticks me off---

The reception meal-- always "medallions of chicken" or "medallions of beef." And asparagus. Lots of asparagus.

Getting dressed. Try being in a tuxedo from 6 in the morning to 8--if the happy couple doesn't leave early.

A crazy sister who breaks up with the groom 4 times on the day before the wedding

Crying. Lots of crying from every woman in the house. Even girl babies.

The dog gets stepped on a lot. And fed so much wedding cake he throws up on the dance floor and they say ITS MY FAULT

The wedding cake---overpriced for a 20-lb carrot cake.

Having to park all the guests' cars myself--(with some friends--for minimum wage) because your sister is too cheap to hire valets. Its not our fault we almost lost a couple a cars over the cliff.

OHO so you just been to a wedding!!!! and it sounds like you had a lot of fun too, heheh heh. Congrats on getting rid of a sis, I hope she had a large dowry.

Yeh I hate weddings also. but I like the medalion of meatloaf meself, Lol.
And asparagus, I think they use that a lot at weddings because it is a veggie of the rich. Once I stuck one up my nose at a wedding so I could make abridesmaid laugh & Pigsnie spit out his champaign in horror, bwahahahh hha. People have no sense of humor at weddings.

So was the wedding durin the evening? I have never seen Pigsnie wear a tux to a wedding except at night. Usually he wears a long gray morning coat & gray tie & black trousers with tiny stripes like hes going to a prison for swindlers, lol. If youve seen Notting Hill, Pigsnie looks just like Hugh Grant, only taller & he sneers more.

Great topic for a miscellaneous chat. Reading through these posts has been cool. Now I want to list what ticks ME off. Read or dont, but I tend to babble on. Be forewarned.

Waiting in line ticks me off, especially at an ATM machine. After all, wasn't the whole point of obtaining an ATM card supposed to help me shorten my transaction time?
I also get pretty ticked off that there are banks around the Boston area that actually charge people a fee when they don't use an ATM. There are banks around here that charge customers a $1.00 transaction fee for depositing or withdrawing from an account using a live teller.

I get ticked off when I am misquoted or when something I have said is removed from its intended point of context.

I get ticked off about the general urban education system. I don't think that (at least in the USA) public schools are receiving the funding that they deserve. There are just too many schools that are using outdated textbooks and don't have alternative educational tools and resources (like PCs for web access, etc.)

I am ticked off in what I view as the "Dumbing down of America" as a result of the educational system. Examples are cashiers who don't know how to count out change and rely on the "Change" button to compute it, which I see frequently.

I am ticked off with the quality of most television shows. I listen to the teleplay dialogue and I am shocked by the simplistic sentences and "dumb" plotlines, and I am even more ticked off that the US public appears to like it.

I am ticked off that Richard won the original "Survivor". So ticked off that I didn't even watch "Survivor II".

I am ticked off whenever I see people exhibit expressions or activities that are discriminatory in nature.

I am ticked off that our current President sounds like he has never studied grammar when he speaks in forums other than pre-prepared speeches.

I am ticked off about the process of the Presidential Election in 2000. But, I am also tired of it... so it's kind of falling off my list.

I am ticked off when I see kids on the subways of Boston sitting in seats as elderly people struggle to stand up with their canes and hold onto a handstrap.

I am ticked off that couples can now deduct more money from their taxable income dependent upon the number of children that they have attending college. Why? Because we have so many neighborhoods filled with children who don't even have enough food, let alone wonder about where their college money is coming from. I feel as though there are actually tax incentives to have children, provided the couple is within certain socioeconomic backgrounds. Of course, Welfare Reform (which IS necessary) has already told mothers that the amount of welfare will NOT increase if they have another child. Fine. But there's still an irony here between what essentially rewards some socioeconomic groups to have children, and punishes other groups. (And who suffers in the long run? The children...)

I'm ticked off that my mother is 73 years old and that despite having worked her whole life until she was 70, and despite the fact that she is insured by a private insurer and Medicare, she can barely afford the prescription medications that she NEEDS to live. (Anti-diabetes medicine, cardiac medicines, cholesterol lowering medicines)
The USA essentially treats the elderly like a word that I can't use but begins with "sh".

That was cool venting. Take care all

It is kind of embarrassing when I think of what ticks me off as opposed to what ticks you off---Kevin. Shows what my high school education did for me.

"Dumbing down of America"--absolutely. My folks sent all of us to parochial school because we were getting A's in school and they never saw any of us with any homework. Bush doesn't even bear thinking of--I hope we survive his incompetence for the next 4 years.