What types of movies draw audiences best?

Tools    

Haro,

I'm just wondering which movies would really draw audiences on a grand scale to come and watch, because me wanting to make them one day doesn't want to produce a dud and/or boring excuse to call something "ART". No no, me wack out pure entertainment if I was on everybodies level, or pure suspense.

Also, what do you think those damn awards show voters like? Sometimes I think they have there fingers on the pulse of a place very uncomfortable and slightly warm!

AGREE?

Whad'you know?
Shouldn't you know all this....I mean, considering that you are a "very good movie writer," according to your profile.

I'm doing more research. For future reference. Times are changing my friend. What do you say?

Whad'you know?
I am merely a robot, designed to sexually satisfy woman.
My opinion matters not.

Movies don't draw people. Cartoonists draw people. They also draw animals that act like people.

Nuh-uh. I'm a Lucky Charm, and sometimes I'm a Cheerio.

And those "tiny people"? They're actually demons trapped inside the strange windowed box.

'Hyuk Hyuk' your goofy look'en

seriously

As I've said before, W.D:
I don't think you'd be a very good writer at all.
No offense. The fact that you call yourself very good is sort of, well, sad...

I don't call myself a good writer, others do as they have read them and liked them. I change them again anyway to make them better.

Your goofy look'en 'He He Hyuk Hyuk'

lay-off ******* its a good topic. i think that the kind of movies that draw people in are ones that are made for pure entertainment, but those are not the best movies IMO. for example, spiderman was made purely for entertainment, and millions and millions saw it. Requeim for a Dream on the other hand was made to prove a point, it was a much better movie, but not as many people saw it, and more would consider it boring.
So for a mainstream, money making film, make a movie with lots of suspense, and a young, hot star. For movies that are oscar worthy, make a movie with older people, and give them more to the plot and story and themeing and stuff like that, and less to the action scenes
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

crazed out movie freak
Well put. It's sad that it has to be that way, but it is true.

What sort of things do you write about, oh wacky writerdirector?

crazed out movie freak
from this thread i would hope something better..j/j just kinda concieded to consider yourself a good writer. Although who the heck am I to say. That could be Stephen friggin Spielberg on the end of the line and we'd never know it.

Who wants to know what I write about?

Well for one thing I am writing a TV series. I have many scripts in wroks which I have started and so on

How wants more?

Let me be perfectly blunt: anyone can write a TV series...or a movie. Personally I'd only refer to myself as a professional writer (or as a writer at all, actually) if I were selling my writing, or using it to make a living (or a name for myself) in some way. Lots of people write...but most of them aren't writers...if you catch my drift. I'm one of 'em, for now.

"Most editors are failed writers, but so are most writers."
-- T.S. Eliot

crazed out movie freak
Yeah no one wants to buy your stuff

Hey! I didn't say I was a writer! I've said people say I write good stuff but never saying I class my self as a writer. I'm an Ameteur film maker (yes, I admit it) and use stuff to film with, but never have I sold any or want to at this time. Really I want to use them for myself because that is how I would like to work.

(PAUSE as writerdirect takes a breath)

If you want to find out what I have in the works, go to my website:

http://www.geocities.com/les_monkey/movie_central.html