Waking Life

Tools    

Whad'you know?
Does anyone have any idea if the program used by the creators of Waking Life is available on the internet?

I remember at the official site they had something similar, where you could colour in pictures of characters, but is the actual program or something along the lines available to download?

I have no idea where you can download the program, or what it is for that matter, but I doubt you're gonna be downloading any rotoscoping programs online. Like full versions. Not gonna happen, and I severely doubt that if they made Waking Life with a program (which they obviously, of course, did) that it'd be one you're going to be getting your hands on without money.

That being said, you can use any program you want to do that sort of stuff. If you're up for capturing each frame of video/film and taking it into Photoshop of Paint or something and then importing it back in.

That's the non-rotoscoping way to rotoscope, methinks.

Whad'you know?
I wasn't looking at anything too technical. I wanted something along those lines, that I could simply play around with.

I can experiment with paint and upload thirty seconds or so, so you can see what it looks like.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Like Silver said, I doubt it would be a program you could download in full off of the internet. You might, if you're lucky, find a trial version, but anything more than that and you're looking at buying it.

Any imaging program, well just about any, has an effect that applies the "Starry Night" effect, I know that House on Haunted Hill applied it in one scene in which the ghost of the doctor appears with a funky look to him. I don't see it on Paint Shop Pro 6, but I know it's available on say Photoshop.

Joe, if you look around I'm sure you could find it on a very affordable imaging program. I'm sure in Waking Life they spared no expense, but you can replicate it and it might not look just like it, but it can get pretty damned close.

Just do some lookin around.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Whad'you know?
Cool, thanks.