MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Whatever this is worth, these were the scores on Statracker after the games last night...

Freedonia Ducks 115
Marks Dodgers 113

New person in 3rd,
High Level Arbitrage 101

adjusted

Yodas Freedonia Ducks 114.5
Marks Dodgers 112.5
Tims High Level Arbitrage 101

Meanwhile, Mark and I are still slugging it out.

I felt pretty darn good about my chances until I lost Gerrit Cole and Matt Shoemaker for the year. Oof. Seems metaphorically appropriate that any late season curveballs I get are from the pitchers.

That said, I'd like to thank Jose Abreu and Freddie Freeman for totally vindicating my faith in them when their first half peripherals outstripped their production. Both have been ridiculous since.

If I dont fall apart these last two weeks I might be able to nab 5th place again this season. Other than making too many moves or trades, yeah that little thing , I will find a website next season to rank these batters peripherals. I dont know WAR or all the different gauges/statistics, and until I do, this may be as good as it gets for me.

Fantasy Baseballs more like poker than fantasy football, by bunches. Its always been either Mark or Yoda up there, TONGO want at that final table next year

His continued incredible production compels me to post. There is a diamond standing out in the middle of my mediocre squad, it shines as bright as any players in baseball

and his name is Trea Turner. Just awesome

His continued incredible production compels me to post. There is a diamond standing out in the middle of my mediocre squad, it shines as bright as any players in baseball

and his name is Trea Turner. Just awesome

Is Trea single-handedly pulling you up in the standings? He's been terrific.

Is Trea single-handedly pulling you up in the standings? He's been terrific.
Yeah pretty much. Hes had some help from Votto & Kendrys Morales, but to see a rookie come in and slay like this, its pretty damn special. Not even I would trade him.

Yeah pretty much. Hes had some help from Votto & Kendrys Morales, but to see a rookie come in and slay like this, its pretty damn special. Not even I would trade him.
"but to see a rookie come in and slay like this, its pretty damn special."

See also: 2015

"but to see a rookie come in and slay like this, its pretty damn special."

See also: 2015
Ooooh! He only had 40 at bats, that dont count lol!

I didn't mean him. I meant that 2015 had a generational-type rookie class with Correa, Lindor, Bryant, Jung Ho Gang, Addison Russell, Matt Duffy, Randal Grichuk, Syndergaard, and Ken Giles.

I didn't mean him. I meant that 2015 had a generational-type rookie class with Correa, Lindor, Bryant, Jung Ho Gang, Addison Russell, Matt Duffy, Randal Grichuk, Syndergaard, and Ken Giles.
Yeah I wish Matt Duffy played like Trea Turner does now. Grichuk hasnt proven consistent either, but yeah I get your point. If Treas the next coming of Altuve though, watch out!

We should do keeper leagues starting next year. We have alot of returning owners that could/would nurture their squads season to season, does this appeal to anyone else?

Generally-speaking: I'm in favor of almost any measure that makes the league more engaging. I'm almost certainly a yes vote for: keeper league, doing an auction draft, adopting a FA pool (FAAB), etc. The only somewhat common fantasy baseball setting that I'm really against is doing an NL (or AL) only league.

Wait, baseball is still going? I thought just football.
I'm so sad that this is almost true

Wait, baseball is still going? I thought just football.
Speaking of which, I hope all you guys are still setting lineups. This stuff still affects the outcome for everyone else.

107.5 pts!

This is my high-water mark for the season and it puts me firmly in striking distance of 2nd, but maybe not 1st.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 11.29.05 AM.png
Views:	86
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	27205  

Generally-speaking: I'm in favor of almost any measure that makes the league more engaging. I'm almost certainly a yes vote for: keeper league, doing an auction draft, adopting a FA pool (FAAB), etc. The only somewhat common fantasy baseball setting that I'm really against is doing an NL (or AL) only league.
I definitely would be in favor of switching things up a bit doing an doing an auction next year.