MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Ken Giles has 17 Ks in his last 5.2 innings. His last 12 outs have all come via the strikeout, and he hasn't allowed a run in over seven weeks. Earlier today, he managed six Ks in just 1.2 innings, because one of the runners reached first on a dropped strike. Ha.

This is the guy the Astros thought they were getting when they sold the farm for him in the offseason.

Good baseball weekend:
-Went to the Pirates' walk-off on Friday
-Giancarlo hit the first 500 ft homer in baseaball since, I think, Adam Dunn in 2006
-Ichiro tripled for #3000
-Phils turned a triple play
-Trout robbed a grand slam on his 25th birthday. Yes, he just turned 25.

Good baseball weekend:
-Went to the Pirates' walk-off on Friday
-Giancarlo hit the first 500 ft homer in baseaball since, I think, Adam Dunn in 2006
-Ichiro tripled for #3000
-Phils turned a triple play
-Trout robbed a grand slam on his 25th birthday. Yes, he just turned 25.
You forgot this bit.

8/8:Clayton Kershaw had a throwing session on Sunday for the first time since July 16. His rehab had been shut down then, and there has been speculation that he'll get season-ending surgery, but the throwing session Sunday indicates the Dodgers are optimistic that he will pitch again this season. One throwing session is still a long way from pitching in the big leagues, but he's eligible to return from the D.L. on August 27, and it looks like the team could be targeting having Kershaw back for the final weeks of the season in September. It would be a big shot in the arm to have their onetime Cy Young contender back. Amazingly, he's still tied for the major league lead in pitcher WAR with a 4.6, despite not having pitched since June 26.

Dan, who's on one of my softball teams, took a slo-mo video of batting practice yesterday. And you all know slo-mo makes everything look cool: even hits where my front foot flies out too far and I get under the ball.

Dude you need the Chariots Of Fire music in the background, and right when you hit the ball it goes into the heavy base

Dan, who's on one of my softball teams, took a slo-mo video of batting practice yesterday. And you all know slo-mo makes everything look cool: even hits where my front foot flies out too far and I get under the ball.

Even the balls that you don't hit perfectly go pretty far. I didn't realize Dan was filming when he abruptly ran in from right field. I want him to do that for me next time so I can actually look at my swing and tweak it.

Yeah, I think he should do a bunch of them. And I'd love to get a good swing on film. I hit the first one he tried to record perfectly, but he didn't realize there was a delay when he tried to start, so it didn't take. D'oh.

Tonight is A-Rod's last game as a Yankee (maybe ever!); Girardi denied his request to let him play 3rd or SS. That doesn't seem right to me, to be honest, since they're at the end of a fire sale, playing the horrible Rays (sorry, Tongs), and they accommodated Jeter playing a position that was over his head for his last 7 years or so.

Also, I wish that Waino/Osuna trade processed one day later. Yikes.

Also, I wish that Waino/Osuna trade processed one day later. Yikes.
even if it did, he woulda been on bench for us against the Cubs

After many many years, and attempts, it looks like Mark may finally land his white whale this season. Unless someones roster goes off monumentally this last quarter, it may just be a lock that he'll win.

Boy, I've had an insane number of very good/excellent starters, or decent starters with great matchups, some have bad starts lately (though for David Price, it's inexplicably been going on all year). Oy.

Wouldn't shock me if these guys were incredible down the stretch, but we're running out of time for the true underlying skills to assert themselves.