Question about the ending of Halloween 6

Tools    

This thread will have a spoiler in it so beware.

Ok, i have been debating with a friend of mine who's an avid halloween fan reguarding the ending of Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers.

My question to any Halloween fan out there is this: Who's scream was it in the very last scene when we see Michael's mask on the ground? I've always been convinced it was Michael's, but apparently many other halloween fans believed it was Loomis'. I say they cut it short because of Donald Pleasance unsuspected death while making that film at the time, then quickly inserted this ending in which Loomis was torturing Michael only because they didn't have him around to make a proper one, and they wanted to give him a fitting ending (having his way with Michael) because of his loyalty to the Halloween franchise.

Anybody agree or disagree with my theory, and who's screams were they?

well if you have seen the producer's cut its Loomi's scream and they recycled it for the theatrical version. The way i look at the ending is When looms goes back to confront Michael Michael some how kills Loomis and thats his end. but in the Producers Cut Loomis find what he thinks is Michael on the floor but when he pulls the mask off its Dr. Wynn then Wynne spreads the Thorn curse to Loomis and then Loomis has to become Michaels Protector thats why he is screaming then we see Micheal in the Shadows walking away in Wynn's clothes

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
well if you have seen the producer's cut its Loomi's scream and they recycled it for the theatrical version. The way i look at the ending is When looms goes back to confront Michael Michael some how kills Loomis and thats his end. but in the Producers Cut Loomis find what he thinks is Michael on the floor but when he pulls the mask off its Dr. Wynn then Wynne spreads the Thorn curse to Loomis and then Loomis has to become Michaels Protector thats why he is screaming then we see Micheal in the Shadows walking away in Wynn's clothes
exactimundiously

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
How do you mean recycled it for the theatrical version? I have the vhs tape i bought a few years back and it only shows the mask on the floor with screams in the background. Are you saying this version never made it to the big screen? And if so, why would they put that version out in video if they had the producer's cut? Or is it that the producer went back and reshot scenes after the mysterious ending with the mask and screams just to add more depth to it and resell the dvd? I mean, isn't it possible that the producer when it was first made with the shortened ending, had the intention of it being Michael's screams because of the unfortunate death of Donald Pleasance but only later decided to change it to being Loomis' screams?

Originally Posted by Escape
How do you mean recycled it for the theatrical version? I have the vhs tape i bought a few years back and it only shows the mask on the floor with screams in the background. Are you saying this version never made it to the big screen? And if so, why would they put that version out in video if they had the producer's cut? Or is it that the producer went back and reshot scenes after the mysterious ending with the mask and screams just to add more depth to it and resell the dvd? I mean, isn't it possible that the producer when it was first made with the shortened ending, had the intention of it being Michael's screams because of the unfortunate death of Donald Pleasance but only later decided to change it to being Loomis' screams?
In all releases, it was Loomis screaming. There was the original producers cut which was rejected in favor of the theatrical release, due to Pleasance's untimely demise. That ending was what made the vhs production until the producer's (original) ending was later released on the SE DVD. That original ending is the more accepted truth of the story for those who've seen it.

Originally Posted by Eyes
In all releases, it was Loomis screaming. There was the original producers cut which was rejected in favor of the theatrical release, due to Pleasance's untimely demise. That ending was what made the vhs production until the producer's (original) ending was later released on the SE DVD. That original ending is the more accepted truth of the story for those who've seen it.
How did I ever know it would be you two guys in here responding to this thread.

Ok, but it still doesn't make sense why they would option the shortened version over the longer one which better explained the ending. Why would Donald Pleasance death have anything to do with it if the original version was ready to go?

Like Ian said the original more in depth ending was rejected so they hads to quickly reshoot something new but that was tough since Pleasence had died so they just used the scream that they had filmed from the original ending and just showed Myers mask to make us assum that Loomis was killed

Escape if you want to watch the scenes from the producers cut that werent in the theatrical version just go here and click any of the pictures under P cut MPEGs http://www.halloweenflash.com/HALLOW...ASHCLIPS.shtml
so you can see the original ending for yourself

Ok, thanks guys. I appreciate your answers. I'm a little saddended though because to me, it was always Michael's screams in the background. A perfect ending with the loomis story.
Oh well.

The original ending (Producer's Cut) featured Kara tied to a sacrificial altar with the crazy Thorn-obsessed Smith's Grove Sanitarium workers all dressed in black robes, watching. Danny, Kara's son, was going to kill Kara, Michael was going to kill Jamie's baby (which, apparently, is his son), all so Danny could become the new Michael Myers and be inflicted with the Thorn curse.

Tommy Doyle, dressed as a cultist, saves the day and frees Kara by aiming a gun at Dr. Wynn, the cult leader, and telling him to let her go. They all run through the hospital trying to escape with the fire alarms going off, Michael chasing them... right before they get out, Tommy puts some rune stones on the floor, cuts his palm with a knife, rubs the blood onto the ground, performing a sacrifice... Michael catches up, grabs Tommy by the throat, Tommy says "Samhain!" and Michael just freezes...

A minute later, Dr. Wynn finds Michael just standing in the hospital hallway, doing nothing, and asks, "Michael... what have they done to you?" We see Michael make a fist (I believe that's what he did).

We see Tommy, Kara and Danny leave in the truck. The whole "Come with us" "No, I've got a little business to attend to here" scene with Loomis that was in the theatrical version.

Cut to a new scene with Dr. Loomis going back into the hospital to find Michael, now laying on the ground. "Michael... Michael, Michael..." he says.

He pulls off Michael's mask.... only it's not Michael.... it's DR.WYNN!

"Michael! Where's Michael?!" he shouts. He then grabs Dr. Loomis' wrist. "It's your game now, Dr. Loomis," Wynn says.

We see the Thorn symbol on Dr. Loomis' wrist, just like Michael's wrist. Dr. Loomis realizes what's happened and then.... HE SCREAMS!!!!!!!! It's the scream from the ending of the theatrical Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers. (the producer's cut is titled Halloween 666: The Curse of Michael Myers)

We then see a figure walking down a dark hallway, apparently in the hospital. He is wearing Dr. Wynn's man-in-black outfit. We do not see his face. We assume that it is Michael, who switched clothes with Wynn. We are left with this bizarre ending in which we are to assume that Dr. Loomis will become the next Michael Myers.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity

We then see a figure walking down a dark hallway, apparently in the hospital. He is wearing Dr. Wynn's man-in-black outfit. We do not see his face. We assume that it is Michael, who switched clothes with Wynn. We are left with this bizarre ending in which we are to assume that Dr. Loomis will become the next Michael Myers.
So that means there will be two Michael's? I mean, is this guy in Dr. Wynn's outfit Micael or Loomis? If it's Loomis what happened to the real Michael? If it's Michael, and Loomis becomes Michael, then there will be two Michaels.

One thing is for sure. How did they ever think the audience would get the shortened theatrical ending by taking all that juicy info out. When you guys first saw it, did you think it was Michaels screams or did you know it was loomis' screams, or did you already see the extended version first?

Originally Posted by Escape
So that means there will be two Michael's? I mean, is this guy in Dr. Wynn's outfit Micael or Loomis? If it's Loomis what happened to the real Michael? If it's Michael, and Loomis becomes Michael, then there will be two Michaels.
What I assumed is that - well, you know how Dr. Wynn, AKA The Man In Black, was like Michael's protector? I assumed that Michael would be like Dr. Wynn and protect Dr. Loomis as he went around killing people. Now, I don't know if that's what they intended for it to be... but just by watching it, I assume that's what they're trying to convey. I think it's absolutely ridiculous, and I'm not sure if that's what screenwriter Daniel Farrands originally wanted. Probably not. Miramax really screwed up Halloween 6 and wrecked his storyline. He intended for it to be better. Jamie was supposed to live until the end of the film and die in a heroic way. In the producer's cut, she isn't killed by Michael with farm equipment. She's stabbed in the barn, but she survives and is taken to the hospital. There, she dreams, and we see her dream - it is about being taken to the sacrificial alter in the hospital, where Michael is about to get on top of her to impregnate with his seed so she can have a child. I know, f***ed up.

They hired this guy named Joe Chappelle to totally change and rewrite things, which is why Halloween 6 has this bizarre ending dealing with DNA babies and all sorts of strange ****. He ruined the movie Hellraiser: Bloodline too - also a Miramax picture. Both of those came out in 95/96.

One thing is for sure. How did they ever think the audience would get the shortened theatrical ending by taking all that juicy info out. When you guys first saw it, did you think it was Michaels screams or did you know it was loomis' screams, or did you already see the extended version first?
I didn't see the extended version until 1997, when I actually got the chance to talk to the writer of Halloween 6, who sent the film to me. BTW, I don't have the video on hand, it's not at my house, please don't ask me for a copy, and I don't know how to contact Daniel Farrands anymore either.

I can't quite remember what I thought was happening at the end when I first saw it. For some reason, I went in thinking that Halloween 6 would be the final film. I think I had heard somewhere that it was, but it wasn't. So, I was kinda confused. I also heard on a TV show that in part 6, we would find out why Michael kills. At the time, I was... almost 12, and stupid. I thought they were saying Michael kills because he wants a baby! Seriously, Tommy gave him his baby and said "you won" and then Michael, I think, looked all happy and took the baby, which of course wasn't a baby. I left thinking "God, that was a strange ending to the series..." Of course, the mask being left on the floor was really just them saying "Michael's not dead yet." I think I did come to the conclusion that Michael got up and Loomis was screaming because Michael was somewhere killing him.

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers is a strange and mysterious entry in the series - made mysterious for terrible reasons. I like it a helluva lot better than Halloween: Resurrection though. It's scarier. But, it's really too bad that both of these films are the last (I suppose) to feature Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode. Now that's the curse of Michael Myers!