The Punisher

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I sure hope so.

The Punisher could be an awesome comic book/action/revenge movie.

Anti-Poser
Whose Directing it?

I'm pretty hyped up about it. But I don't know about actor Thomas Jane, he doesn't seem very built for the role, physicaly that is. I'm probably wrong anyways since we can't see much of him.

This is probably the only comic book movie I will actually look forward to watching. The Punisher is the best comic character, period.

Jonathan Hensleigh is directing. It's his first time that I know of, although he has been a screenwriter for movies such as Con Air and Die Hard with a Vengeance.

John Travolta is the Bad Guy.....(I can only hope he is somewhat like he was in Face:Off)

Thomas Jane plays the title character. He has starred in a few films, but I think that this film will be his big break.

Originally posted by Steve
This is probably the only comic book movie I will actually look forward to watching. The Punisher is the best comic character, period.

I am a huge comic book movie nerd. I love them all.

Yet another comic book movie!!!!!!!!!!!! bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I am sick to death of this!!! I need originality not some cop out of someone elses work... it's been done

as the saying goes

Been there
done that
bought the t-shirt!!!

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
The Punisher is going to put the hurt on all other comic book movies. I'm already wet just thinking about it. I've watched the trailer over a dozen times.

I just watched the trailer and it looks pretty interesting.

Originally posted by jrs

Gerry Conway
you sure?

Hi
I can see the Punisher as an amazing movie if it was directed by John Woo's in "hong kong mode", the gun play scenes could be amazing and he has experience in telling these types of tales of revenge. The only thing lacking possibly is his knowledge of the comic but hey others can fill that in.

Hi
Originally posted by Beale the Rippe

you sure?
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&id=1808472689&cf=prev

"Director: Jonathan Hensleigh (directorial debut; he's also got Bounty Killer in development)"

Hey, I love Thomas Jane.... but is he "beefy" enough to play The Punisher.

I didnt think the first one was ALL THAT bad. (for the time it was released)... Dolph was believable in that role....

*PLESE REMEMBER I AM NOT A COMIC BOOK PERSON*

I DO understand totally why they are redoing it though... what with all the comicbook hype in H-Wood right now.. they would be crazy to not do it...

but back to my question....

isnt the Punisher supposed to be a beefy normal type guy with severe REVENGE syndrome....

He's HOT.... definately hot.... I will be sneaking into the screening on this one 4 SURE.

I definitely think that Thomas Jane is a little weak as the punisher, but hey, what do I know when they can get some hot clown the girls love in their and have both male and female audiences?

And trust me, I know this, as I had to go with two of my girlfriends the other night to see Hollywood Homicide when I wanted to see The Italian Job. They said it was because Josh Hartnett is "Orgasm Material"....Please. Damned Women.

Originally posted by downgrade88
I definitely think that Thomas Jane is a little weak as the punisher, but hey, what do I know when they can get some hot clown the girls love in their and have both male and female audiences?

And trust me, I know this, as I had to go with two of my girlfriends the other night to see Hollywood Homicide when I wanted to see The Italian Job. They said it was because Josh Hartnett is "Orgasm Material"....Please. Damned Women.
mmmmmm... JOSH HARTNETT

All I hope is that The Punisher movie is rated R and not PG-13.
It would make no since to make a movie with a man that is a vigilante, killing everyone with a PG-13 is going to be so awful,
I could just see him blowing some guys brains out and the camera doesn't show it.