Favorite Shots of All Time

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
Right now, I'm thinking Antoine Doinel's long running scene at the end of Les Quatre Cents Coups.

Or Vittorio Storaro's work in those scenes in Apocalypse Now.
Or maybe the money shot. I just love the money shot.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by Sedai
After watching Hero again last night, I have come to the conclusion that this film contains a ridiculous number of awesome compositions.
I just saw this last night.
I remember telling my husband," This movie wins the award for best use of fabric."

I loved the visual art of this film. Every shot must have been painstaking.

THe Best action scene:"once upon a time in Mexico" Sands without eyes, shooting by hearing two guys in front of the Presidental building!

second best action scene: "The Brave" Raphael (johnny depp >.o ) biting the ear off Luis and strangling him with his bandages..bloody fricken thing

Funniest scene:" Muppet treasure island" kermit explaining Piggy why he left her standing at the altar and taking off to Zanzabaria and Loong John asking them about the treasure

and the second crazy but funny was " man on the moon" jim carry as Andy Kaufman doing the mighty mouse song in Saturday night live >.<

the coolest scene: jack sparrow telling " well , i'm actually feeling rather good about this.." pretty much in the end of PotC..and telling Norrington " i want you to know, i was rooting for you mate, know that!!!"

"I can't help it..."
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
I loved the visual art of this film. Every shot must have been painstaking.
Referring to Hero

I heard in an interview with the cinematographer Christopher Doyle that the scene with the leaves was the hardest to shoot; the leaves only fell for about seven days once every year.

I do love it in Kill Bill: Vol. 1 when Oren Ishii is walking down that corridor and Tomoyasu Hotei's Battle Without Honor & Humanity is playing. The simple cinematography is great, but the editing is what makes the scene really special - the way the shots sync with the music is awesome!
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Two of my favorites off the top of my head:

The Godfather Part II

Upward angle shot of Vito on the rooftop, looking down at Fanucci, the great music playing the background, as Vito plots his kill. I love the part when the camera is moving along with Vito on the roof as things on the rooftop momentarily block the view as the camera is moving.

Raging Bull

Martin Scorsese's great follow shots. People talk about the famous one in Goodfellas quite a bit, but I prefer this one. Jake hitting his padded up brother Joey as he prepares to fight Cerdan for the title, saying "I'm the boss", then the camera is on the front of them, moving along with them as they leave the locker room. All the people give support to Jake as he comes out, then the camera follows them from the back and shows all the people in the arena as Jake walks to the ring. Great shot, maybe my favorite part in the movie. Certainly one of my favorite moments in a Scorsese film.

So many good movies, so little time.
The ending barroom scene in Unforgiven.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

I do love it in Kill Bill: Vol. 1 when Oren Ishii is walking down that corridor and Tomoyasu Hotei's Battle Without Honor & Humanity is playing. The simple cinematography is great, but the editing is what makes the scene really special - the way the shots sync with the music is awesome!
Kill Bill volumes 1 & 2 are great movies, and to choose one scene over another is near impossible, but I couldn't agree with you more on that scene choice!

[quote=liam5000]Referring to Hero

I heard in an interview with the cinematographer Christopher Doyle that the scene with the leaves was the hardest to shoot; the leaves only fell for about seven days once every year.[quote] I believe it. There was so much attention to detail. I felt like if I took my eyes away for a second I'd miss something. I love the scene with the masses of arrows raining down, did I already say that?

I love the sequences of shots in Amelie when she's imagining all those people making love at that very minute, that was great.

Arresting your development

Sorry...I thought this was about taking shots.

Back to what you were doing.

ugh!
Gag reflex!
Damn. If I even sniff that stuff, I hurl. *backing away slowly*

ugh!
Gag reflex!
Damn. If I even sniff that stuff, I hurl. *backing away slowly*
Me too. But it is a good pain medicine.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Me too. But it is a good pain medicine.
There are so many other remedies for pain than bad alcohol.

There are so many other remedies for pain than bad alcohol.

Yeah, I love all the remedies!

Just say 'NO' to Evercrack.
The Boondock Saints when they come in through the roof.
She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me.
I can't help it if I'm lucky.

Originally Posted by dante.hk
The Boondock Saints when they come in through the roof.
That's a good one.
And also during the Holy Fool scene...when Rocco goes nuts in the restaurant.

Anonymous Last sounds like Wax On A Man's Ass

Hmm.

I liked the shot of the guy rubbing the dead girl's boob the most, from Boondock Saints.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The long, circular shot in Branaugh's Henry V when he rallys the troops

The dance, shot from behind Blanchett in Elizabeth, where we haven't yet seen her face... such a marvellous tease

The now-cliche single tear from Ghost

Galdalf leading the charge against the Orc army, and the opening shot of the Shire in Jackson's trilogy

The shot of Bob and Charlotte falling asleep talking, in Lost In Translation. When he puts his hand on her foot, it's just... ::melts::.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Anonymous Last sounds like Wax On A Man's Ass
How I love these little pissy shoutouts I sometimes get!

Anyway…junior high is closed for the day, pack up your juiceboxes, clean out your cubbys and scram, ya crazy anklebiters.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
I liked the shot of the guy rubbing the dead girl's boob the most, from Boondock Saints.
"I'll tip her!"

My next mix cd that goes out to the broke college kids will be named Wax On A Man's Ass . Where should I send the money for the naming rights?