You don't have to be a scifi-horror fan, but it helps!

Tools    

My one month MoFo anniversary is coming up and I've noticed two things:

1. Lots of males

2. Lots of sci-fi/horror film references

Is it just the threads/boards I'm looking at, or is that the focus of this website/forum?

One of the things I've always been really surprised about, (pleasantly) is just how many women we actually do have here. Just stick around for awhile and you'll see. Two of the mods who are here constantly are in fact women. One carries a gun. How cool (or scary) is that?

This is one of the most diverse and thoughtful crowd of folks I've ever come into contact with and I love it here. If you think we're too genre specific just do some digging a few pages back in any of the forums and you will find all sorts of threads. This forum has been around for a long time. So dig in!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have found this forum my home away from home (sorry about the cheese but its true) there are so many different people on these boards that makes it very easy to make friends from all around the globe, as powdered said stick around and see how much of a great place mofo really is.

Funny! Only men have replied, so far. Let me fix that.

There are numerous threads, about numerous genres, actor/actresses, directors . . . We once had a member that wished we had a horror genre section, but there wasn't enough desire for it, so it didn't happen. With that being said, I'm guessing you haven't looked around much.

As far as the females on the board . . . The quickest way I can think of to judge this, is to use my theme list. We have 33 players in the game, so far, and only ten of them are female. Hmmmm!?!

I think there are actually very few horror 'fans' here at MoFo. Personally, I'll find redeeming qualities in nearly any film of the genre but I'm usually hard pressed to find folks who agree with me.

Most people here like better films than I do.

You know the solution right? Make some threads about movies that *you* like.

By the by, as for the male thing... anecdotally I can tell you that I've read Terry McMillan books and am in touch with my inner black female.

A system of cells interlinked
That sure is an odd assessment. Plenty of woman on the site, for sure. Also, where are you getting all these references? We do have an avatar theme week every week, and this week just happens to be fangs, so perhaps that is why it seems everyone likes horror?

By the by - There isn't even one horror film in my Top 10...

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I'm a female. I do love sci fi as long as it's either good or amusing to me. I do have some horror sci fi in my top ten but mostly, I have movies with song and dance numbers. LOL!

When I joined this forum the theme was Star Trek and...I don't know...maybe I was a bit quick to judge.

I'm starting to see more females as I venture onto different areas of the site. Anyways, I'm glad I found this site. I've posted on here more than any of my other forums.

When I joined this forum the theme was Star Trek and...I don't know...maybe I was a bit quick to judge.
Ah, well, that part can be explained . . . Movie Theme of the Week: Rules & List!. Check it out, and join in.

I'm starting to see more females as I venture onto different areas of the site. Anyways, I'm glad I found this site. I've posted on here more than any of my other forums.
Yeah, we're cool! I can't remember if you did a welcome thread or not, but either way . . .

Welcome to the board!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think it can be hard to tell, just from someone's pic, username and comments, whether they are male or female and the tendency is to assume that they are male. I still get people assuming I'm a guy (on here, not in real life!). And yeah, zombies followed by fangs did kind of give the site a horror fan feel, but we aren't all horror fans. Most people appreciate good film, regardless of genre. This isn't empire magazine online

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I'm a girl!

But we really should get something on here devoted to horror...like a list... i'm with Toose, i find redeeming qualities in just about any horror movie

Yeah, let's do a top 100 in horror movies. We can vote, separating them by categories. We'll start with fangs.

This reminds me of that top 100 that we're suppose to start voting on. I remember that Toose and I wanted horror to have it's own thread for voting. I need to see when that's going to happen . . .

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
This reminds me of that top 100 that we're suppose to start voting on. I remember that Toose and I wanted horror to have it's own thread for voting. I need to see when that's going to happen . . .
I have no idea...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm a fan of ALL genres except Westerns. It's probably why I didn't care for Brokeback Mountain. Maybe I would be more into the story if it involved gay coal moners.