Hells Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares

Tools    

Chef Gordon Ramsey.

If you hate people that are abusive then you dont watch these two shows. Hells Kitchen is an outright hazing (like a frat house), but at the end one person gets a $250k a year job running an exclusive restaurant. Kitchen Nightmares is a more reality based show where Ramsey goes into a failing restaurant thats on its butt, and turns it around.

This season of HK is the best one so far. Easily the best group of cooks and absolutely hilarious bickering. Robert the fat chef is a howl, Lacey is a jawdropping display of laziness, and whine. Andrea and Carol are two talented chefs that despise each other. Danny is an arrogant Brad Pitt lookalike, and there are more yet that havent been voted off. Anyone else watch it? Lets share! LOL!

No problem... a lot of people overlook the sub-forums until they get used to where they are...

I've never seen these shows but may have to check 'em out when I have time...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am burdened with glorious purpose
TONGO!!!

I'm a huge fan of Chef Ramsey. I also love his show, "F Word." That's becoming a real favorite of mine. I like the variety style format -- the dessert cookoff (Ramsey often loses) is fun. He is less abusive on this show and I find it really entertaining.

(Truth be told, I think I have a crush on Gordon.)

I've often wondered how set up the Kitchen Nightmares show is. He always has a conflict, whether it be a stupid owner or an incompetent chef. Do you think that is manufactured? And I find myself rooting for the restaurant to become successful and often wonder if they are.

I usually don't like abusive people but I love Gordon. I'm not sure why...lol.

I don't catch Hell's Kitchen as much, although that's only because it seems to be on when I'm not watching TV. I'm not sure when to catch it. But when I do watch it, it's a lot of fun. I don't think I could survive under Ramsey! I'd break!

When I was changing my DirectTV service, I was looking at the channels and it was VERY IMPORTANT that I have BBC America.

Gordon is outright abusive on Hells Kitchen, and on Kitchen Nightmares Id assume thats a more realistic version of himself at work. Ramseys a self made man, and theyre hard to dislike. He got into cooking in his 20s after suffering a career ending football injury. He was a understudy of the youngest, most popular, and most abusive french chef (Cant recall the name) in the world. Then Ramsey took over the kitchen for an exclusive restaurant, and won 2 michelin stars. He quit to open his own restaurant, and the entire staff left with him.

His first year open he was millions of pounds in debt to open his restaurant, was going for his 3rd michelin star, and had a reality series called Boiling Point which guaranteed a camera in his face at all times while HE was having to work. Ramsey was borderline psychotic, and admitted himself he toned down since seeing that. He got his 3rd star too, but much later on.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im not really a fan of Mr Ramseys tbh but I have seen afew of his shows which I find not that interesting, my wife likes to watch them though.

Put me in your pocket...
I can't stand that abusive, yelling stuff, so sorry..no Hell's Kitchen for me.

But as far as the kitchen's shows go....Top Chef's my favorite. Fabio was fabulous this year.
In Restaurant Wars....

Fabio: I am front of the house. We can serve monkey-ass and empty clam shell and we will win.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I can't stand that abusive, yelling stuff, so sorry..no Hell's Kitchen for me.
Sometimes, that's the only way to get through to people. I understand what he's doing. I mean, other than pulling in ratings, he's basically just trying to get them to love cooking as much as he does and have a passion for it. I'm not a big fan of the show, but I'll watch it every now and then.

As for the other show, only saw it once.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think the whole swearing and shouting he likes to do is completely stupid, I understand it is all for the ratings but it is a tad rediculas IMO

Heres some links to the FOX website for each show.

Kitchen Nightmares
http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=nightmares
Hit the arrow in the bottom right, scroll to the last show offered, and watch the episode entitled Dillons. Easily the best episode of KR ever.

Hell's Kitchen
http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=hellskitchen
Just start from the beginning cause this seasons great overall.

Fox have renewed Kitchen Nightmares and is expected to renew Hell's Kitchen.

Claudia Winkleman is taking over presenting duties from Angus Deyton in the UK version of Hell's Kitchen. Apparently there's a 'personality clash' between Deyton and chef Marco Pierre White.

I haven't watched Hell's Kitchen since the first series, when Gordon was in the kitchen and Abi Titmuss was one of the contestants.

Kitchen Nightmares is ok, but it's so formulaic that it makes House look varied and unpredictable, so I rarely watch it anymore. I've never seen the US version of either programme.

I don't know if this will be of any interest to anyone here, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Meat-lover Gordon Ramsay will be given a taste of Hindu vegetarianism when he goes on a culinary quest through India for Channel 4.

Gordon's Great Escape will see the TV chef travel from the Royal Palace in Rajasthan to the slums of Mumbai in pursuit of new gastronomic experiences and to fulfil a number of challenges, reports Broadcast Now.

Ramsay, who once said that his "biggest nightmare" would be if his children told him they were vegetarian, will have to forgo meat for part of the adventure, which will be his first break from the restaurant scene for two decades.

C4 features commissioning editor Liam Humphreys said: "It will take him well out of his comfort zone - a genuine busman's holiday in which he'll work his way through the stunning scenery, go to dangerous extremes in pursuit of ingredients, and recharge his culinary batteries in the process."

The post-watershed series will comprise three, one-hour episodes and include The F-Word presenter cooking for a 1,100 guest wedding and working with young chefs on a train pantry car.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1502...-new-show.html

Ok. Im on a HK jag right now, and am rewatching season 2. Easily the most hilarious reaction chewings Ramsey has ever given was to Tom in this episode. Watch as he chews Tom here-n-there during the segment, and the the 3:00 mark its all $ Absolutely hilarious! Do realize Tom was arrogant and clueless leading up to this.

I love his shows and love the passion he shows but i cant stand him when he slaps the back of his hand to his palm when he speaks to the camera. That really grinds my gears.

Although I'm not a passionate watcher, I have seen the show a few times and liked it. I hate seeing the poor losing team in the beginning have to set up the restaurant before the big cook off while the winning team enjoys a vacation or something fun.

A system of cells interlinked

"EMBARASSING!!!"

Hey I just watched that show tonight--or last night rather. I feel sorry for the contestants from the very first season. But shouldn't everybody else have known what they were getting into in season two and thereafter?

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
I think Chef Gordon Ramsey is great, sure, he swears a lot, he's aggressive, but he gets the job done, and that job is running a successful restaurant, that's the kind of pressure they are going to be under running a busy restaurant, and he is giving them a taste of what it is going to be like.

They are two great shows about cooking and what it is like for Professional Chefs, really entertaining series.

Did you watch the mini series with Heston doing the feasts from Roman, Tudor, Medieval & Victorian times?
That was brilliant the guy has a natural art to making his food totally different.
If you didn't see it it is on 4OD for the next few days:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/h...easts/catch-up
mermermer... panties on.