I don't get Pulp Fiction!

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The plot is that Jules is Jesus but doesn't know it (botulism from eating a bad le royal with cheese). It's his second coming and he's here to spread the truth that he's no pacifist, he's a bad mutherfocker. The briefcase holds his memory and he needs it back so he can spread the truth to the masses. Harvey Keitel is the devil.

Cthulhu's Press Officer
As far as I could tell it was about sodomy and drugs.

And a foot massage.

i usually get movies like that..for instance..i cracked Donnie Darko first time i saw it..Identity too...sixth sense was very predictablke to me etc etc..

but i have no idea what pulp fiction is about i need someone to just flat out tell me what this movie means or whatever
just saw the movie for the first time in theatre yesterday.

seeing the movie , i felt that the moviemaker definitely believes in god or at least has made the movie on the premise that god exists .

the character played by samuel l jackson believes that when the guy hidden in the apartment ( where he and travolta had gone to kill some other person ) missed hitting him and travolta even after firing all bullets , it was some kind of divine intervention and also signal for him to stop his killings ( which he did for his boss ) and leave crime for an ordinary life .

later when jackson tells travolta about this , travolta derides him and says that he ( jackson ) will be nothing but a roadside bum if he gives up his career in crime .

but look at what happens to john travolta later . he is killed by bruce willis when he goes to kill bruce in his apartment . if travolta had followed what samuel l jackson had said about the hidden man missing his mark being some divine signal to stop crime and had stopped crime , then he ( travolta )would have been alive because then he would not have gone to willis' apartment to kill him and would not have himself got killed .

on the other hand samuel l jackson gives up crime and hence lives on . and he also allows the thief in the restaurant to live . so listening to the divine signal to stop crime did pay off for him---not only he lived while travolta ( who had derided him for giving up crime and himself had not listened to the divine signal ) died , but he went on to do the good deed of letting the restaurant thief go alive .

so the director means to say that god's signals should be heeded and you are punished ( like john travolta was ) if you dont heed them . on the other hand heeding the divine signal leads to betterment of life .

or so i thought.....

Pulp Fiction was about sex, drugs, rock n roll, and God. The fact QT was able to mix them so effortlessly was the accomplishment. I have a bad feeling we will never see this level of quality of come from him again.

Sad that a banned poster that couldnt even spell Spider-Man had a thread bumped 12 years later.