POLL: Your thoughts on the boringness of the Grinch

→ in
Tools    

I really like jim carrey in the Grinch, but personally i couldn't say it was that great, i'd give it a 6 outta 10, many other proffesinal critics agree on me with this point. The movie was daggone borin! The plot didn't have much stuff to it, just the same ol' thing. Yeah, we get the point that whovillers are into Christmas, but it dragged on. Give this movie a rating of 1 to 5, where 5 is "THIS MOVIE WAS HELLA BORIN" or 1 means "this was the most exciting movie i eva seen.

-Brian

I thought it was alright - what were they supposed to do, have the Grinch kidnap Cindy Lou Who and demand a ransom in a nail-biting finale? They were supposed to take the story, make it a bit funnier, a bit longer, and make it look real - they did that very well!

I'm moving this to the "Movie Reviews" forum, just think it fits better there. I'm also editing the title to say "POLL:" in the front - no big deal, but that's the custom around these here parts.

hey, sorry, i thought it auto. did the POLL: thingy. Lol, that kindnapping woulda been good, what did u vote? right in between?

gg -Brian

Yeah I think that's what I voted for. I mean, it wasn't EXCITING, but it was what I expected it to be, and it was all they could do without twisting the story all around and making it ridiculous.

i heard that they had to make 7 drafts of the movie before the widow lady who owned the rights to it finally accepted it! what a pain!

-Brian

I loved it.

The whole idea of taking a classic cartoon and turning it into a real-life movie is hard enough...you gotta give 'em credit for that. Ron Howard did a great job with the whole project. What what so boring about it? Remember...it's a family holiday movie...you can't expect bloody murder or high speed chases.

What was that "funny joke?"

It was a shot inside The Grinch's house/cave/den, where you were supposed to catch a glimpse of the "Cat In the Hat" dead and stuffed on the Mean One's mantle! That would've been brilliant!

HaHa Right on!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
haha, I like the joke in Maxim better. They did a little page thing where they re-wrote popular comic strips as if it were the writers themselves, but the peanuts one was just blank, seeing as hes dead and all.

Kids in my class earlier were jabbing about how much better the new "real people" version was from the original cartoon. The cartoon was "old and stuff"

I actually have though the new one was very entertaining since it came out when I was pretty little. Carrey was great for that role. I still prefer the orginal though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I do prefer the shorter cartoon version of it all though. But like everyone said, it pretty much is what we thought it would be. Kind of hard to nab a rating to it.