Is it humanly possible to stay awake through all of "Bobby Deerfield"?

Tools    

In my experience, it seems to be impossible to stay awake through all 124 excruciating minutes of Bobby Deerfield.

Sad to say, it may be the worst film Sydney Pollack ever directed.

Has anyone here ever managed to do so?

I haven’t watched it yet, but that’s the one with Al Pacino, right? Refresh my memory, he plays a race car driver?
Yes, he plays a race car driver, but there's hardly any racing in the movie. He spends most of the movie moping around with the Dying Girl™

I've never watched this film, despite being a huge Pacino fan, but have heard for years what a bore it is. But I did eventually watch Cruising and Author! Author! so I will probably watch it someday. On the other hand, I can't think of a single film centered around race car driving that I really liked, never been a use friendly canvas for a movie as far as I'm concerned.

On the other hand, I can't think of a single film centered around race car driving that I really liked, never been a use friendly canvas for a movie as far as I'm concerned.
But that's the thing! As I said earlier, there's barely any car racing in the movie at all; if there was more of it, it could have been slightly less boring

In my experience, it seems to be impossible to stay awake through all 124 excruciating minutes of Bobby Deerfield.

Sad to say, it may be the worst film Sydney Pollack ever directed.

Has anyone here ever managed to do so?
Nowhere close to finishing this movie.

I've never watched this film, despite being a huge Pacino fan, but have heard for years what a bore it is. But I did eventually watch Cruising and Author! Author! so I will probably watch it someday. On the other hand, I can't think of a single film centered around race car driving that I really liked, never been a use friendly canvas for a movie as far as I'm concerned.
what about that goofy race movie with Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood? But yeah most racing movies are dull, but I did enjoy the one with Chris Hemsworth.

what about that goofy race movie with Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood? But yeah most racing movies are dull, but I did enjoy the one with Chris Hemsworth.
Rush, right? It is very good. It may be my favorite Ron Howard movie. I'm surprised Daniel Bruhl didn't get an Oscar nom.

OK, you're right about The Great Race, but it's more comedy oriented with an expert in physical comedy in the director's chair (Blake Edwards) and Jack Lemmon is brilliant. What Chris Hemsworth movie are you talking about?

The truth is in here
Yes. It's a good movie, with stellar performances from Al Pacino and Marthe Keller. The fact that there's very little car racing doesn't bother me at all, it's the human drama I got invested in.

If by "human drama" you mean the endless regurgitation of movie clichés, then, sure, absolutely!

OK, you're right about The Great Race, but it's more comedy oriented with an expert in physical comedy in the director's chair (Blake Edwards) and Jack Lemmon is brilliant. What Chris Hemsworth movie are you talking about?
Rush, I think.