Anyone else tired of party movies?

Tools    

Yeah, I wish a lot more modern comedies took a more interesting route, but hey, I see, and enjoy most of them. The 21 Jump Street movies,Sisters, Bad Moms, the Neighbors movies, Project X, etc. They're all fun watches to me. Superbad is one of my absolute favorite comedies.

Yeah, I wish a lot more modern comedies took a more interesting route, but hey, I see, and enjoy most of them. The 21 Jump Street movies,[ I]Sisters,[/i] Bad Moms, the Neighbors movies, Project X, etc. They're all fun watches to me. Superbad is one of my absolute favorite comedies.
Jump Street are not party movies.

Which recent movie did you watched??

I TOTALLY agree with you. These 'party' movies are really getting on my nerves. And what breaks my heart even more is seeing a guy like Robert De Niro starring in party movies like 'Dirty Grandpa'.

I TOTALLY agree with you. These 'party' movies are really getting on my nerves. And what breaks my heart even more is seeing a guy like Robert De Niro starring in party movies like 'Dirty Grandpa'.
Yeah..or that dumb movie Last Vegas

At least Robert De Niro was pretty entertaining in Dirty Grandpa. Not a very good movie, but there was something pretty satisfying about some of his overly raunchy lines. It's only because he was delivering them, though.

Wasn't that a raunchy road trip movie?

Bad Moms, Bad Moms 2, A Bad Moms Christmas, Fun Mom Dinner, ......when will it end.

How about being responsible parents? I don't have children, so I guess don't know what parents fantasize about doing.

The truth is in here
There definitely seems to have been an influx of them lately, more so than any other kinds of comedies.

But as for the actual quality of them, I don't know. Every trailer just looks mostly the same to me, so I never get interested enough to go watch one. You can't just have characters getting drunk, they've got to be people you care about, and with at least a little bit more of a plot. 70's and 80's comedies were great because even though they could go off the rails, they had good stories with relatable characters at the same time. Porky's is a very different kind of party movie from the ones we see today.

Yes, Porky's, Animal House, even Revenge of the Nerds has some sentiment. The first two in particular were well-thought-out with likeable actors. Can't say that for party/teenager flicks today.

Now you just wanna punch the characters.

There's no denying the lack of substance and originality in party movies, but the bottom line is that the movies make money and that's why they will continue to be churned out.