Spin-off thread about feminism

Tools    

I'm going to have to ask you guys to stay on topic. I don't see how Emma Watson being a feminist, or Rowling's kids being liberal, has anything to do with the question that was asked.

You can talk about these issues if you want, but they're going to be spun off into a new thread if it continues.

then you admit to not having given said post much thought until others understandably challenged you over it.
I did not admit to not having given said post much thought, I admitted I wouldn't of given said post much thought after I had written it unless I had been challenged but if you really think after every post I have made I suddenly got this idea of a back of a nutshell, then thank you kindly.. although I do prefer to have my arguments challenged than my character, I realize that is hard when you can't counter facts and progress. I wouldn't of given my first post much thought afterwards because I would rather think about femdom not feminism, mistress would kill me if she read any of this.. lol

I have given feminism plenty of thought and heard it been refuted so eloquently and the debate has already been won.

So, this is the spin-off thread I just warned everyone about. I've also deleted several posts where members directly insult each other. Please don't do that. No matter how upsetting or offensive a viewpoint is, it's very important that we criticize the viewpoint rather than just calling someone a name.

Please try to keep this civil. The fact that it's in its own thread is better, but if this just gets downright spiteful/nasty, I'm going to close it.

Welcome to the human race...
I did not admit to not having given said post much thought, I admitted I wouldn't of given said post much thought after I had written it unless I had been challenged but if you really think after every post I have made I suddenly got this idea of a back of a nutshell, then thank you kindly..
Not sure how that is supposed to make things better - in fact, it might make things worse. It's not helped by your cherry-picking one sentence out of a whole paragraph to argue against.

although I do prefer to have my arguments challenged than my character, I realize that is hard when you can't counter facts and progress.
So far the only facts you've actually cited come from a single image macro comparing Brian Banks against Anita Sarkeesian, and even then certain aspects are downplayed to fit the obvious anti-Sarkeesian agenda (which has extended to threatening to shoot up schools, by the way). Leaving aside the extreme rarity of false rape accusations in comparison to those regarding actual rapes, doing my own research into Brian Banks did turn up this news article that notably compares his case against that of Brock Turner and how unfair it is that the innocent black high school student served six years (out of a possible 41) compared to the guilty white college student who served three months of a six-month sentence. There are other factors at play with Banks' case that go beyond any pro- or anti-feminist agenda, and using one man's personal tragedy to justify an anti-feminist worldview just seems to be baldly opportunistic more than anything else.

wouldn't of given my first post much thought afterwards because I would rather think about femdom not feminism, mistress would kill me if she read any of this.. lol
It doesn't seem like you see much of a difference between the two.

I have given feminism plenty of thought and heard it been refuted so eloquently and the debate has already been won.
By who? This guy?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm left-handed! I feel offended!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

ADMIN EDIT: this thread was spun off from How did Harry Potter become this colossal worldwide?.

I don't know but I think they are crap and over-rated and JK Rowling seems to really love herself, like not modest at all and those 3 kids have all grown into leftist morons , the standard safe Hollywood opinions, Emma Watson in particular is a vile feminist who doesn't understand about facts. Radcliff is a leftist, I don't know about the ginger one, probably safe to say he is a leftist.
"Vile Feminist", is this to mean all feminists, or a select few? Are all leftists vile too, or just a select few?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
The poll on that tweet is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen. Largely because I'm assuming the majority of people who answered are in the Western world.

The poll on that tweet is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen. Largely because I'm assuming the majority of people who answered are in the Western world.
I don't find it shocking at all. The guy's a far right, outspoken critic of feminism so it's safe to assume that the majority of his followers will have similarly ignorant views.

nah his followers are the ones who bombareded leslie jones with racism,hacked her computer and leaked her nude photos after she spoke against them. Im not at all surprised by the \poll those are the sort of people who follow him. and people being scared of/not understanding feminism is nothing new.

I don't think it was a joke, but there are many gradations between "totally joking" and "actually serious." I think it's clear that most of them would not literally prefer their kids had cancer, but they are perfectly willing to vote that way in a meaningless poll to make a statement about how much they dislike feminism.