A Dog's Purpose

Tools    

I know this is a bit cheesy but as a dog lover, I'm really looking forward to the movie. I just love dogs and dog movies.

Apparently a video leaked recently showcasing a trainer mistreating one of the dogs.

Apparently a video leaked recently showcasing a trainer mistreating one of the dogs.
Me: "Well, a movie about a dog dying over and over. Doesn't get sadder than that."

Internet: "Actually..."

PETA is urging people to boycott this movie do to the evidence of abuse shown in the video.

Just saw a post about this on FB.

It's pretty ridiculous. The water is clearly too turbulent, the dog is clearly terrified, and the handler forced the dog into the water where it was unable to fight the current. I hadn't planned on watching the film anyway, but this is not cool.

I haven't seen the video. I saw this mentioned on a few sites and according to those who've seen it, the dog is scared and at some point submerged in the water against its will. Now I'm reading that the video is heavily edited and that the dog is fine. Either way, I rarely trust films like this because they usually feature some form of mishandling or outright abuse. I mean, take Lord of The Rings for example.

In the Beginning...
Yeah, no way I'm supporting this movie. That video is extremely damning. I don't care what the story calls for, there is no excuse for throwing a dog into water like that. Who knows what else they subjected the animals to?