2016 Mofo Film Awards - The Nominations

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
2016 MoFo Film Awards -
The Nominations

...Here we go again Mofos.

Last year saw a pretty good turn out. It seems that each year more and more people participate, which is great. There will be complaints about the categories, about not seeing everything, about deadlines....who cares.

The DEADLINE for your nominations, which will be PM'd to me, is MARCH 1st. That gives everyone, the rest of this year and 2 months into the new year to watch some damn movies. After I receive nominations, I will tally them up and present to everyone the 2016 Mofo Film Award Nominees.

You can nominate, up to FIVE films per category. You don't need to nominate 5, it can be less, but no more. You DO NOT need to nominate, or vote in every category. Just the ones you want to.

Private Message me your nominations.

Wikipedia is a good source for films released in 2016. If you have any doubt, ask, people will be glad to help out.

At that point you'll have an additional month to watch any of the nominated films, if you so please to.

The categories are:

Best Film of The Year

Worst Film of the Year

Best Director of the Year

Best Actor of the Year

Best Actress of the Year

Best Supporting Actor of the Year

Best Supporting Actress of the Year

Best Screenplay of the Year

Best Animated Film of the Year

Biggest Surprise of the Year

Biggest Disappointment of the Year

Most Overrated Film of the Year

Most Underrated Film of the Year

Most Memorable Scene of the Year

Best Trailer of the Year

Best Cast of the Year

Best Cinematography of the Year

Breakout Performance of the Year

Best Score

Best Visual Effects

You'll notice there is one new category, Most Underrated Film of the Year.

Previous winners:

2013 Best Film of the Year: Gravity
2014 Best Film of the Year: Birdman
2015 Best Film of the Year: Mad Max: Fury Road

2013 Best Director of the Year: Alfonso Cuaron
2014 Best Director of the Year: Alejandro González Iñárritu
2015 Best Director of the Year: George Miller

Mad Max won the big two categories with Best Picture and Best Director, but only has one more win under its belt, Best VFX. For a total a 3 Mofo Awards.

Ex Machina the underdog of sorts walked away with 4 Mofo Awards, two of them from Vikander herself. It took home Best Screenplay and Biggest Surprise as well.

The Revenant was the "big" winner of the night, taking home 5 Mofo Awards, even if one of them is Most Overrated Film. It also got to grab Best Cinematography, two awards for acting from Hardy and DiCaprio as well as having the most memorable scene of the year with the bear attack.

The Revenant - 5 Mofo Awards
Birdman - 5 Mofo Awards

Will any film beat those two? They currently share the record for most awards at 5 a piece. Are there any front runners this year? Will Mofo break the trend of following the Oscars footsteps and not match up with ANY category? Doubtful, but the decision is in your hands.

2013 Mofo Award Winners

2014 Mofo Award Winners

2015 Mofo Award Winners

The years are indeed messed up on those posts.

Received Nominations From:

DalekbusterScreen5
Ultra violence
NextScorsese
The Rodent
Henchman
urkillinmesmalls
Swan
ScarletLion
Holden Pike
Camo
Nope1172
TheUsualSuspect
Sidden
Nestorio_Miklos
Sarge
Rauldc14
Tugg
Dexter007
CosmicRunaway
The Gunslinger45
Citizen Rules
resopamenic
cricket
Fabulous
Thursday Next
Harry Lime
seance
Clazor
Miss Vicky
Sexy Celebrity
Upton
Pussy Galore
ShopkeeperTriumph
Iroquois
Dani8
35 Lists

Suspect's Reviews

yeah it's fine to make this thread now, but it makes zero sense to start accepting nominations when there's still two months left of movies. dont accept noms until january 1st.
criticker

I start the thread early to raise awareness. I don't usually receive lists until February.

People can add or alter their lists as well until the deadline.

Good suggestion on not accepting lists until the new year though.

I live in a parallel world a couple of years behind everybody else so same as last year I'll pass on this. No need to feel sorry for me - I'm gonna make an absolute fortune on the baseball World Series [sic] in 2018

yeah,im especially excited for nocturnal animals,it looks really interesting-despite me not knowing what the hell its about
second most excited for the light between oceans,love both fassbender and vikander

I'm making everyone aware that the following 3 movies saw wide release in 2016, even if they are 2015 on imdb:
The Witch
Eye in the Sky
Green Room

I think all three deserve attention or at least a chance.

I'm making everyone aware that the following 3 movies saw wide release in 2016, even if they are 2015 on imdb:
The Witch
Eye in the Sky
Green Room

I think all three deserve attention or at least a chance.
All 3 films are definitely eligible.

Sing Street
Sausage Party
Looking Glass
Neon Demon
Election Year
Apocalypse
Deadpool
Swiss Army Man
Don't Breathe
Ghostbusters
Hacksaw Ridge