'Star Wars' from the perspective of the Empire???

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
But that's obviously Rebel propaganda according to the OP.
I'd buy that if Vader and Palpatine didn't also use the same phrases.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I'd buy that if Vader and Palpatine didn't also use the same phrases.
I'll be interested to see how OP responds to that - if they respond.

If this is what the world really is, just this... then maybe I should fade back into darkness. If the world is made of light and darkness, we'll be the darkness.
Kingdom Hearts II

The thread author completely avoided my "because they destroyed planets" example twice. Then started talking about the Constitution, which Im sure was the agenda all along. Whats really embarrassing though is how much serious response he got from such long winded nonsense. If someone seriously cant see how the Empire were the "bad guys" in the Star Wars franchise, they need to be living in a psychiatric facility.

The thread author completely avoided my "because they destroyed planets" example twice. Then started talking about the Constitution, which Im sure was the agenda all along. Whats really embarrassing though is how much serious response he got from such long winded nonsense. If someone seriously cant see how the Empire were the "bad guys" in the Star Wars franchise, they need to be living in a psychiatric facility.
To be fair, OP did acknowledge the "blowing up planets" thing on page one - my guess is that they thought their "maybe Alderaan secretly deserved it" line of reasoning was all that they felt needed to be said about the matter and so they don't see any point in repeating that particular point even when it gets challenged again and again. In any case, I'm not sure it's been worth the effort - I feel like this is going to end up being one of those things where one side thinks they're right because the other side gives up on trying to counter their arguments.

To be fair, OP did acknowledge the "blowing up planets" thing on page one - my guess is that they thought their "maybe Alderaan secretly deserved it" line of reasoning was all that they felt needed to be said about the matter and so they don't see any point in repeating that particular point even when it gets challenged again and again. In any case, I'm not sure it's been worth the effort - I feel like this is going to end up being one of those things where one side thinks they're right because the other side gives up on trying to counter their arguments.
I missed his answer to my question then or I wouldnt have repeated it. Sifting thru that mess didnt look appealing to me.

Y'know... I think the aliens in Independence Day, even though it's thoroughly explained that they simply go from planet to planet consuming every natural resource... I think, they're the good guys.

I think, that their planet was blown up... and they simply have to go from place to place, doing what they do, to survive.

Yeah... the aliens in ID4 are the goodies... and us hoomuns are total bastards for stopping them from ensuring their survival.

Y'know... I think the demon in The Exorcist, even though it's thoroughly explained that it exists to corrupt the innocent... I think, its really the good guy.

I think, That to survive, it has to go from child to child, simply to survive.

Yeah... the demon in Exorcist is the good guy... and us hoomuns are total bastards for stopping it from ensuring its own survival.

I missed his answer to my question then or I wouldnt have repeated it. Sifting thru that mess didnt look appealing to me.
I suppose that's fair - I thought you were just trying to emphasise it because it really is the major sticking point in any kind of pro-Empire argument. I wonder if that had the adverse effect of convincing the OP not to bother responding because they think that bringing up the planet-destroying again and again is a weak and illogical argument that they've obviously already addressed with their specious "Alderaan deserved to die" logic (which I argued against in a post that got roundly ignored anyway).

Y'know... I think the demon in The Exorcist, even though it's thoroughly explained that it exists to corrupt the innocent... I think, its really the good guy.

I think, That to survive, it has to go from child to child, simply to survive.

Yeah... the demon in Exorcist is the good guy... and us hoomuns are total bastards for stopping it from ensuring its own survival.
Hans Gruber was the real good guy in Die Hard because his terrorist plot (carried out by a multi-national team, no less) was targeted at a Japanese corporation that was obviously trying to destroy good old-fashioned American ideals through its hiring of drug-addled sellouts and forcing women to choose working fancy high-paying jobs over playing housewife to schlubby blue-collar husbands.

Hans Gruber was the real good guy in Die Hard because his terrorist plot (carried out by a multi-national team, no less) was targeted at a Japanese corporation that was obviously trying to destroy good old-fashioned American ideals through its hiring of drug-addled sellouts and forcing women to choose working fancy high-paying jobs over playing housewife to schlubby blue-collar husbands.
If countries can makes up excuses for dropping bombs on cities full of innocent people, a planet isn't all that far off.

Has anyone ever come in here, made a thread so outlandish as this, get a tidalwave of argument against it, but the OP actually acknowledge the argument and change their mind? Ever?

Has anyone ever come in here, made a thread so outlandish as this, get a tidalwave of argument against it, but the OP actually acknowledge the argument and change their mind? Ever?

I might try it one day.

In a general sense, I don't think people change their minds from online discussions.

Although, I will admit that my views on some subjects have "evolved" after debates and reading the views of others.

This reminds me of a friend who told me, "You just want to argue with everything I say," and I responded that at least it meant I was listening, and since I was listening then I would be ruminating on what they said later. And I would. For everyone I'd debate, I'd later reflect on their views and what they had to say ... and in some way, their views would have an impact. They may not make me change my mind, but they would enlighten me to consider the thoughts, positions & perspectives of others.

For forums like this - I think the arguing is part of the fun. I think people come here to express themselves, argue with the expressions of others, get feedback and socialize (it's so much easier in a virtual realm rather than with "real" people face to face - there's so much preparation involved.... bathing, shaving, dressing, making sure you smell nice, etc.)