Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tools    

I'm excited for this one. It'll be good to have a bit of fun with the series after the way too self serious Rogue One. Every choice they've made so far I'm one hundred percent on board with, especially the choice of Lord, and Miller as directors, that's so cool.

I still think this movie is pointless no matter how much I may have liked Han. Han is dead now. Rogue One was a cash grab but it actually added to the OT, this movie is simply just a cash grab. We already know how Han got the Falcon & Met Chewie so we ain't gonna learn anything we already didn't know or care to know. That's just my opinion on this anyways.

I still think this movie is pointless no matter how much I may have liked Han. Han is dead now. Rogue One was a cash grab but it actually added to the OT, this movie is simply just a cash grab. We already know how Han got the Falcon & Met Chewie so we ain't gonna learn anything we already didn't know or care to know. That's just my opinion on this anyways.
As someone not that well versed in Star Wars, how do we know how Han met Chewie and got the Falcon? A throw away line in one of the movies? Part of the EU that is still cannon?

As someone not that well versed in Star Wars, how do we know how Han met Chewie and got the Falcon? A throw away line in one of the movies? Part of the EU that is still cannon?
WARNING: "Han Solo Movie spoilers probably" spoilers below
Han beats Lando in a card game for the Falcon using a pair of golden dice which he has hanging in the falcon's cockpit, which they mention in the movies so its still canon and Han saves Chewie from Slavery and Chewie's life debt to Han begins. Which I believe is mentioned in the films so its still canon as well. I'd have to look it up to be 100 percent sure. Disney has been picking stuff from the EU and altering it and making it canon once again, Han & Leia's son turning to the dark side is from the EU their son just has a different name. Woody Harrelson is most likely playing Garris Shrike, Han Solo's mentor from the EU, he'll probably have a different name though.

there I just pretty much explained what this movie is gonna be about and they'll probably include the Kessel run as well just to make SW fanboys spew in their jeans and say the movie was amazing.

Alden Ehrenreich is an amazing actor. He should have been nominated for best supporting actor this year for Hail Caesar. He was the best thing in the movie. That kid is super-talented. I think the best two young actors I've seen recently are John Boyega (I absolutely loved him in THe Force Awaken. So funny and also great at drama) and Alden Ehrenreich. Funny that they're both ending up in Star Wars films! If you watch "Hail Caesar" you'll know what I'm talking about.

This might just do nobody any good.
I found it interesting that the two most impressive actor I discovered in Coen Bros. movies (Isaac and Ehrenreich) ended in Star Wars.

Them and Al Cody (Adam Driver).

I found it interesting that the two most impressive actor I discovered in Coen Bros. movies (Isaac and Ehrenreich) ended in Star Wars.

Them and Al Cody (Adam Driver).
That's right, Isaac, too! I loved "Inside Llewan Davis" what a sad movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
NO NO NO i just can't get on board with this franchise. It's ruined my childhood. I havent even seen the latest yet and it has my fave actor in it.

I'm being overly dramatic, ST. Keep in mind, it's pre dawn here. My witching hour where i sit in the dark telling stories and drinking tea to ignore the cujo midget pug trying to break the door down for breakfast.

however, I am a child of the original trilogy. I havent
'loved' a SW movie since, like I loved the first three.

It's not a reflection of what the movie will be by any means, but I can't help but feel this picture looks like it's from a 90's sitcom set in space or something.

This might just do nobody any good.
Eh, I haven't loved the new Star Wars like I loved the first two (third is only okay (fight me!)) but I'm willing to give them all a chance.

Rogue One was pretty good. I think I liked it better than Force Awakens. It's interesting to have SW movies that take cues from great movies like Army of Shadows and, even, Battle of Algiers.

No fight from me, Saunch. I thought the third was good until the stuffed teddy bears.

RO I will definitely see. Just waiting for husband.