Scream Queens

Tools    

The creative team that brought us Glee are behind this overly complex but deliciously black comedy that lampoons slasher movies and John Hughes 1980's coming of age comedies. The two episodes I have watched thus far were dizzying in attempt to keep track of everything that's going on, but entertaining nonetheless if you are familiar with what is being spoofed here.

The pilot opened with the death of a teen queen at a college prom where she died after giving birth to a child and then the story switches to the same college 20 years later where a series of murders have the campus crippled with fear. This show is written as a spoof and the actors are playing it with a straight face, which is what makes it so hilarious, but in the same way, also makes it hard to keep track of everything that's going on, but it's well worth a look. The large ensemble cast is headed by Emma Roberts as Chanel, the bitchy sorority queen who rules her sorority and keeps new pledges trembling with fear. Mention should also be made of Jamie Lee Curtis as the dean of the college, Abigail Breslin and Skyler Samuels as plebes wanting to bring Chanel down, Oliver Hudson as Samuels' father, who has become the apex of a possible love triangle between Curtis and her assistant, played by former SNL cast member Nasim Pedrad. Glen Powell is also very funny as a the Big Stud on Campus. Sadly, Lea Michele, who ruled as Rachel on Glee is wasted in a silly supporting role, but if you have a spare excel spreadsheet to keep track of the multiple storylines here, you might want to give this a look.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Just watched the pilot! And I definitely think this will become a guilty pleasure

Although I thought comedy was mixed, it either had me laughing quite hard or just cringing slightly, and there was little to no middle ground. The acting was a little bit worse than I expected too, but Jamie Lee Curtis was sublime Yet despite all this, it really was a lot fun and I'll certainly be continuing with it for the time being

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it so far. Only disappointment for me is that they didn't use the opening credits that they put up on youtube before the release, would have been fun to see that before every episode instead of just a title card.

Just finished episode 6 and I think Emma Roberts is playing the hell out of this part...her work is brave and shameless and hysterically funny. I could even see her putting together an Emmy reel. Am loving Nasim Pedrad too, proving how she was totally wasted on SNL.

Watching episode 8 right now...God, I love this show, it's getting to be a guilty pleasure...Emma Roberts is brilliant and Glen Powell is smoking hot.

Am watching the season 2 premiere right now...this show has been seriously re-tooled for the second season...smoking hot Glen Powell is gone but John Stamos, Taylor Lautner, and Kirstie Alley have joined the cast...the whole slasher motif seems to have been re-imagined as well, I don't know, I'm going with it...Emma Roberts is still killing it as Chanel.

Just finished watching episode 2 of season 2, which was freaking BRILLIANT! I had some concerns about the re-thinking of what was done last season but a little patience paid off with an episode rich with edgy writing, red herrings everywhere, and some huge secrets revealed, not to mention the return of three characters I thought were gone (though one could have stayed gone). Ryan Murphy is a mad genius and this show ROCKS!!!

Three episodes into season 2 and this show ROCKS!!! It's completely bizarre, defies logic, and redefines the phrase "over the top" but I'm hard pressed to find a more entertaining hour on television right now. Ryan Murphy rules. Now to make me a fan for life, they need to get rid of Neicy Nash...she's the worst.

Episode 2 of Season 2 airs tonight here. I liked the first one but it feels very different and the slasher feel was a large part of the appeal for me. I still think I'll like it, though, and the fact Kirstie Alley has shown up is a definite plus for me.

Episode 2 of Season 2 airs tonight here. I liked the first one but it feels very different and the slasher feel was a large part of the appeal for me. I still think I'll like it, though, and the fact Kirstie Alley has shown up is a definite plus for me.
The slashing is not over, Honeykid, just keep watching.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Interesting that they are killing off the best characters.

Suspect's Reviews

Bla, E4 suck here in the UK. They have moved Scream Queens from 10pm to the midnight slot... Really enjoyed watching a double bill of horror programmes on the same channel: Crazyhead at 9pm and then Scream Queens. I don't understand why they can't show it because all they have put in the 10pm slot tonight is a repeat of some programme about removing tattoos!

Apparently series 2 is doing rubbish in the ratings over in America?