Who should play Bond after Craig?

Tools    

Now, now, you know that Americans are disqualified from playing Bond.
Say that to my face ****er not online see what happens.

No, but really, I think that Idris would be great. The issue is that I think he might feel familiar; like a more polished Craig. Doesn't do much to change the tone. If you're looking for something lighter, Hiddleston might be good, though I'm not sure I could take him seriously.

I know that this is out of left field/that he's not a viable candidate, but what about Colin Firth? He's still got the necessary sex appeal (was my ex's official "old man" crush) + would be great as an older, wiser take on the character. A way to tell different kinds of stories through the same franchise.

Now, now, you know that Americans are disqualified from playing Bond.
Well yknow, we can do the math.....

Robert Downey Jr - Hyper Bond
Samuel L Jackson - Shaft Bond
John Travolta - Fat Bond
Nicholas Cage - Crazy Bond
Tom Hanks - Plain Bond
Tim Robbins - Not gonna happen Bond
Matthew McConaughey - Stoner Bond
Woody Harrelson - Hillbilly Bond
Adrien Brody - Dork Bond
Tom Cruise - Short Bond
Brad Pitt - Southern Bond
George Clooney - Old Bond
Ben Affleck - No! Please! No more! Bond
Matt Damon - Smiley Bond
Chris Helmsworth - Big Bond

Oo! I just had an idea.....this guys from England and would be perfect....

Charlie Cox, from Daredevil and Boardwalk Empire. (Sorry Gerard, your too old)

Welcome to the human race...
Say that to my face ****er not online see what happens.

No, but really, I think that Idris would be great. The issue is that I think he might feel familiar; like a more polished Craig. Doesn't do much to change the tone. If you're looking for something lighter, Hiddleston might be good, though I'm not sure I could take him seriously.

I know that this is out of left field/that he's not a viable candidate, but what about Colin Firth? He's still got the necessary sex appeal (was my ex's official "old man" crush) + would be great as an older, wiser take on the character. A way to tell different kinds of stories through the same franchise.
It depends on what you've seen of Hiddleston - he can do much more than play Loki. The obvious example would be the recent mini-series The Night Manager, where he does play a modern spy in a show that doesn't treat its subject matter lightly.

As for Firth, well, while I could see the idea of an old/wise Bond working in theory, it wouldn't be the ideal way to continue the Bond franchise. You could maybe do a one-and-done spin-off sort of like Mr. Holmes (where Ian McKellen played an elderly, retired Sherlock Holmes) but that would be it - otherwise you're liable to end up with more View to a Kill-style shenanigans where Bond looks too old for this sh*t.

Tom Hardy has basically said he's interested... and then mentioned a team up with Nolan again.

Hardy and Nolan?
Now that, would get me interested in James Bond.

Maybe they could have Cillian Murphy as the villain.

This might just do nobody any good.
Hardy as Bond is interesting. It makes me wonder what an Oliver Reed Bond could have been like.

I doubt it would happen, though. I think we need to look at more under the reader picks so I still stand by my Matthew Goode suggestion. A Bond fit for this generation.

Tom Hardy has basically said he's interested... and then mentioned a team up with Nolan again.

Maybe they could have Cillian Murphy as the villain.
Nolan's Bond

Tom Hardy - James Bond
Michael Caine - M
Cillian Murphy - Q
Rebecca Hall - Moneypenny
Marion Cotillard - Bond Girl
Jessica Chastain - Leiter (gender swap!)
Christian Bale - Villain

Personally I think Bond is an Incredibly boring character so I could see Tom Hardy making him more interesting.
I also liked the idea of Colin Firth,but i agree that that would have had to be earlier.
I think Idris would be a good choice aswell

yeah tom hardy as james bond , i would love to see that.

I would love:

Micheal Fassbender as James Bond, directed by Ridley Scott.

Tom Hardy as James Bond, directed by Christopher Nolan.

Tom Hiddleston as James Bond, directed by Shane Black.

Oh, and Idris Elba. He'd be an awesome Bond.
i couldnt think of a black skin bond....no offence but we are used to him being a normal darker skin bond.

Me...

Tom Hiddleston and Ben Wheatley directing a late 60s period piece Bond film. Lots of psychedelia.

Sienna Miller as the Bond girl.

Dan Stevens as Bond, directed by Cary Fulunaga in a slightly horror oriented adventure.

Elba as Bond, Steven Knight writes and directs. Christoph Waltz returns as Blofeld, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as the Bond girl (I think you could have Elba step into the exact same timeline as Craig and not change much at all).