Who should play Bond after Craig?

Tools    

Hm. I really like Tom Hardy, but hes so good an actor that playing Bond imo would be a waste of his true acting talent.
I wanted him to play Doctor Who as well . When David Tennant was leaving (A for Andromeda helped a great deal). Paddy Considine or him. But I was very happy with Matt Smith, not least because I didn't know him, so I accepted him totally. That's why with Bond I quite like the idea of someone nobody knows.

Tom Hiddleson ?

I wanted him to play Doctor Who as well . When David Tennant was leaving (A for Andromeda helped a great deal). Paddy Considine or him. But I was very happy with Matt Smith, not least because I didn't know him, so I accepted him totally. That's why with Bond I quite like the idea of someone nobody knows.
I dig it. I grew up with Roger Moore as James Bond, but I was sold on Daniel Craig moreso. Not because of Craig but because I liked the style of his films era more, not campy like Roger Moores era.

Even I have to agree Sean Connery is the measuring stick for all Bonds, I hope they dont go in a "Roger Moore"ish direction on who they cast. Besides being a ladies man, Bond has to be a mans man foremost...like Sean Connery.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I don't think Tom Hardy or Hiddleston should do it, probably too big for Hiddleston to turn down though. Don't think it should be a black man though, that would just be wrong on so many levels.

I dig it. I grew up with Roger Moore as James Bond, but I was sold on Daniel Craig moreso. Not because of Craig but because I liked the style of his films era more, not campy like Roger Moores era.

Even I have to agree Sean Connery is the measuring stick for all Bonds, I hope they dont go in a "Roger Moore"ish direction on who they cast. Besides being a ladies man, Bond has to be a mans man foremost...like Sean Connery.
Yeah, I think so too. Pierce Brosnan was good because he was like an homage to Connery and Moore all in one. I don't think it would have worked to go straight from Moore to Brosnan for that reason, so it was just as well that Dalton brought something different – it would have been nice if he'd been able to do more films though.

I don't think Tom Hardy or Hiddleston should do it, probably too big for Hiddleston to turn down though. Don't think it should be a black man though, that would just be wrong on so many levels.
When they repeated The Hollow Crown recently I thought it was pretty good casting to have Jeremy Irons and Tom Hiddleston as father and son. Imagine Jeremy Irons playing James Bond and I think you'd probably get the flavour of what Hiddleston would be like: effete when Bond calls for toughness and resilience.

I'm always a bit cautious about changing the ethnicity of characters because it's not always coming from the right perspective. The most recent example, as I mentioned The Hollow Crown, is Sophie Okonedo playing Queen Margaret. It's a funny one, that, because with the experimental nature of theatre it wouldn't bother me as much as it does in a film. Queen Margaret was a real person and she was white, so to me it's wrong to alter that just to reflect our contemporary population.

They stopped taking bets on Hiddleston over the weekend. Doesn't mean it is him, but he's been heavily rumoured for a long time now.

Make a better place

Mads Mikkelsen maybe, not sure about it though

what I'm sure about is that he will look super sharp in those James Bond suits

I have to return some videotapes...
Heres my pick,

Gerard Butler

Hes from the UK, can act, has a natural sense of humor already displayed in films, definitely is a tough guy, and has more star power than Daniel Craig, I think.
Can he though?

I honestly kind of want Cavill to play Bond especially since he was the best part of The Man from Uncle.

I honestly kind of want Cavill to play Bond especially since he was the best part of The Man from Uncle.
He could definitely pull it off. Also based on The Man from Uncle.

Can only be better then Daniel Craig
No if they cast Butler I have a feeling it's gonna turn back into The World is Not Enough kind of bond where they take nothing seriously. Craig at least in the earlier Bond films he did really brought a gravitas to the role. It felt very fresh and exciting, if they play it right Cavill could do the same.

All right, since Movie Forums is the pulse of Hollywood, with major executives in creative scouring for unfiltered fan wisdom, Ill state why Gerard could be the best Bond since Connery.

1. Star power. Butlers is walking into the role with a deserved fan base.

2. Big guy. Sean Connery 6'2" Gerard Butler 6'2"

3. Gerard Butler is Scottish British, Connery is Scottish

4. Both have that intangible "swag", that which is God given and cant be taught. Sean definitely has more than Gerard, but Butler has more than any other Bond actor.

5. Butler can handle the action no problem, can be gentleman, and both won People magazines Sexiest Man Alive.

Gerard Butler. He looks good cleaned up too, people would finally identify with his beardless face more.

No if they cast Butler I have a feeling it's gonna turn back into The World is Not Enough kind of bond where they take nothing seriously. Craig at least in the earlier Bond films he did really brought a gravitas to the role. It felt very fresh and exciting, if they play it right Cavill could do the same.
Oh no! I dont think hed be a return to the campy Bond whatsoever.

All right, since Movie Forums is the pulse of Hollywood, with major executives in creative scouring for unfiltered fan wisdom, Ill state why Gerard could be the best Bond since Connery.

1. Star power. Butlers is walking into the role with a deserved fan base.

2. Big guy. Sean Connery 6'2" Gerard Butler 6'2"

3. Gerard Butler is Scottish British, Connery is Scottish

4. Both have that intangible "swag", that which is God given and cant be taught. Sean definitely has more than Gerard, but Butler has more than any other Bond actor.

5. Butler can handle the action no problem, can be gentleman, and both won People magazines Sexiest Man Alive.

Gerard Butler. He looks good cleaned up too, people would finally identify with his beardless face more.

1. I'll give you he has star power, but he doesn't have a huge fan base considering his past 3 films have flopped in the domestic box office.

2. Height doesn't matter really.

3. Who cares he's Scottish.

4. He has some swag, but he's not a great actor. I know many actors who don't have any swag in really life and when the camera turns on they can sell you that they are the most powerful man in the world.

5. Bond's don't really have to do their own action because others can do their stunts. Cavill's not a gentlemen? Being sexy doesn't really matter either.

Hey, Connery may be a better actor than Butler, Butler would always be second fiddle to him, but would resemble all the cool qualities effortlesssly that Connery brought to the character. I think he'd surprise you. Also their size does matter. Subconsciously peoples eyes are drawn to the biggest person in a room.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Gerard Butler has had a strange career, basically consistently appearing in terrible films, getting a bit of a push on from 300.