The MoFo Director Fan Clubs!

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You can usually tell you're watching a Spielberg film in a few seconds - and I'm talking about the camerawork. He's got one of the most signature styles around.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Some potential ones I may join, I just feel I haven't seen enough: Ford, Capra, Wyler and Coens. Plus I want to see more Kurosawa, Bergman, Mizoguchi films.

Lynch
Altman
Tarantino
P.T. Anderson
Coen Brothers

I think those are the directors that are most fitting of having like cult/fan clubs, of course I love people like Hitchcock, Scorsese and Kubrick too, as well as most of the directors that are listed in the first post
So I only add you for the first 5 you mentioned then?

@Mark F: I would say that he's more of an adaptable filmmaker with a very wide range of techniques, instead of one with an own unique style (he even says that about himself in interviews). The only thing I personally notice in his films is that he likes using fluent camera movements and inventive camera points of view to provoke certain effects on the viewer. He's masterful in doing that, but I wouldn't say that I personally am immediately aware that I'm watching a Spielberg film, purely based on the directing. That's because I haven't studied his films as properly as you have of course.

What the hell, I've gone through so many Tarantino phases myself and I've read almost all of his scripts (Inglourious Basterds is his best script, Pulp Fiction is his best film), I'll join the Tarantino fan club.

I also used to be a huge PTA fanboy, sign me up for that one as well.

Okay. I'm a Hitchcock fan so I'll join that one as well. Sorry I keep adding more, this is the last one I swear.

So I only add you for the first 5 you mentioned then?

@Mark F: I would say that he's more of an adaptable filmmaker with a very wide range of techniques, instead of one with an own unique style (he even says that about himself in interviews). The only thing I personally notice in his films is that he likes using fluent camera movements and inventive camera points of view to provoke certain effects on the viewer. He's masterful in doing that, but I wouldn't say that I personally am immediately aware that I'm watching a Spielberg film, purely based on the directing. That's because I haven't studied his films as properly as you have of course.
Might as well add me to them all if you want.

Also make a Jean-Luc Godard club, I don't think I noticed one. Might be one of the smallest clubs on this forum, but that's cool

What's the other one you've seen besides CTWL?
Drowning by Numbers. I give it
, weird/artistic and not sure everyone will like it, but that's what these clubs are all about. I think linespalsy will join if he sees this, I know he's a fan.

Also I forgot about Bergman, add me to that club, love his work.

Also create/add me to a Sam Peckinpah club.

Edit: And add me to the Leone one.

Edit: And the Eastwood one.

What Kubrick movies do you like, Rodent? Serious question. I kind of assumed you hated him, because I know you hate what I consider his two best movies.

Paths Of Glory, Full Metal Jacket, Lolita, The Killing, Spartacus... Killer's Kiss is an underrated film.

Not a fan of Clockwork or 2001 though.

However, The Shining is a masterpiece.

I see Holden Pike has got Terry Gilliam to appear on the list... stick me down on that one as well please, Cob!!

That one slipped my mind.

Added.

Gilliam is also one I'd like to join in the future.

I LOVE Brazil. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.
12 Monkeys, I also really liked. It's one of the best films featuring time travel, in my opinion.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is just a crazy film. It's visually stunning and sometimes just simply hilarious. It's an enjoyable watch.
I also love his work with Monty Python.

I feel like I need to see just a few more pictures of his before I can consider him one of my favorites. Brazil gives him a huge amount of credit with me, though.

You forgot about Time Bandits... along with Twelve Monkeys, it is also one of the best time travel movies.

Days Of Future Past is up there too. But that's not Gilliam

Please add me to the following clubs:

John Carpenter
Terry Gilliam
Stanley Kubrick
Sergio Leone
Tarantino
Peter Jackson
Paul Verhoeven
Paul Thomas Anderson
Martin Scorsese
John Mc Tieman
Guillermo Del Toro
George A. Romero
Francis Ford Coppola
David Lynch
David Fincher
Darren Aronofsky
The Coen Brothers
Clint Eastwood

And please add clubs for John Hughes, Luc Besson, Sam Mendes, David Cronenberg, Walter Hill, and add me to them.

You forgot about Time Bandits..
Shame everybody can't.

If this thread has to exist, at least have a real auteur fan club.

Russ Meyer

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Please add me to the following clubs:

John Carpenter
Terry Gilliam
Stanley Kubrick
Sergio Leone
Tarantino
Peter Jackson
Paul Verhoeven
Paul Thomas Anderson
Martin Scorsese
John Mc Tieman
Guillermo Del Toro
George A. Romero
Francis Ford Coppola
David Lynch
David Fincher
Darren Aronofsky
The Coen Brothers
Clint Eastwood

And please add clubs for John Hughes, Luc Besson, Sam Mendes, David Cronenberg, Walter Hill, and add me to them.

You really narrowed it down

I'll join Wes Anderson, Darren Aronofsky, David Cronenberg, James Cameron, Dennis Villeneuve, and Spike Jonze.

Members of a certain fan club can also decide to give their fan club a special name if they want to or they can appoint a Fan Club President.
Okay, I hereby dub the Ingmar Bergman Fan Club the Loss of Faith and Having Some Sort of Illness Club.