The "It" remake

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
You mean you agree.

I said Tim Curry did a great job. You know Tim Curry is Pennywise, yes?

Also, to whomever said they would only rank Misery in the SK universe:

See also: The Shining and The Dead Zone.
Also: Stand by Me and The Shawshank Redemption

But has there been any more news on this?

Also: Stand by Me and The Shawshank Redemption

But has there been any more news on this?
They canned the director (the True Detective Season 1 guy). Supposedly it's still going to happen, but I doubt anytime soon. I just don't see how you can make one movie out of IT. If you make it 2 hours, one of the two time periods gets short changed big time, but I can't remember the last mainstream horror movie to run longer than 2 hours. I really like the 90s version, but as everybody else says the first half is fantastic and the second half is pretty lame.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
They canned the director (the True Detective Season 1 guy). Supposedly it's still going to happen, but I doubt anytime soon. I just don't see how you can make one movie out of IT. If you make it 2 hours, one of the two time periods gets short changed big time, but I can't remember the last mainstream horror movie to run longer than 2 hours. I really like the 90s version, but as everybody else says the first half is fantastic and the second half is pretty lame.
I've never seen the 90s version, even though Tim Curry's performance was iconic. I kind of hope it happens though, but definitely as two separate films, I've just been looking as well and rumour has it Will Poulter is signed on to play Pennywise...

Will Poulter is set to play Pennywise. Not sure he's mature enough to pull off sinister, but we'll see.

New director is Andrés Muschietti. Not much to go on... Mama was an OK flick.

Not feeling confident in the potential outcome.

Evidently, this is moving forward:
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...-fantasy-cast/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Not sure what I think about it. I adored the book but never was a big fan of the miniseries despite Tim Curry's involvement. The world presented in 'It' is so rich and complex that I'm not sure any film can do it justice.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping I'm wrong.
Personally, I loved the ABC mini-series, but I do agree that filming Stephen King's work has always been problematic...has there ever been a completely satisfying film version of a Stephen King work? The closest was probably The Shawshank Redemption IMO but I think it's KIng's intricate writing, transferring it to the screen intact has never been an easy task.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Shooting had already been completed.

Will Poulter was replaced by Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise. He looks scary in his own right from the costume from what I saw online.

Bill Skarsgard? Ew. They replaced an actor with a pretty boy to play a monster.
you might be thinking of his older brother Alexander? Bill is defo not a pretty boy lol...hes creepy as hell and pretty perfect for this role imo

you dont like the look of him?

oh and i just remembered...i hooope they change the ending!! the spider at the end was such climax killer! He was much scarier as the clown

The original IT movie is one of the best Stephen King movies out there. I watched it again this year because it came out on Blu-ray. I also saw John Carpenter's Christine recently for the first time ever and I liked it, too. Thought the ending was kind of stupid, but everything else turned out to be a really good John Carpenter movie.

I will try to not judge you for that statement.

he's right man, it is one of his best movies.

BD came out with an article describing the teaser trailer shown at SXSW. It's already off to a good start. Can't wait to see it.

WARNING: "IT teaser trailer" spoilers below
"The trailer opens with footage of Bill Denbrough making a paper boat for his little brother Georgie. We then move outside, where Georgie is chasing his boat in a rainstorm as it floats next to the curb. Suddenly, Georgie runs right into a street barrier, which knocks him down on the ground. He then watches as his boat sails into a gutter. He runs to the gutter and tries to see if he can see his boat. As he looks deep into the sewers, Pennywise abruptly appears before the screen cuts to black.

Then we are shown the members of the Loser’s Club meeting each other and realizing that they’ve all been seeing the same entity, before one of them finally says “The Clown.” Once that happens, the teaser then moves into its centerpiece, which shows the members of the Loser’s Club looking at pictures on a carousel slide projector that suddenly acquires a life of its own and begins moving through the slides at an increasingly alarming speed. The pictures are of Georgie and his parents, and each slide zooms in on Georgie’s face before cutting to his mother, whose hair is covering her face. As the projector moves from slide to slide, the hair moves out of his mother’s face, and her face is revealed to be that of Pennywise himself.

The trailer then blows through a flurry of shots, as most trailers are known to do. The most striking image from this succession of shots is the unforgettable moment when blood flows out of Beverly’s sink, only in Muschietti’s film it spews out like a geyser and blasts her in the face. There is also a sublime image of Pennywise approaching two of the children (he has them cornered against a wall), but the shot is framed in a way so that only his long, bony fingers fill the screen. The children are in the background, out of focus but clearly terrified.

The teaser ends with Bill walking down into his flooded basement, where Georgie’s ghost taunts him by repeatedly screaming “We all float down here!” before Pennywise rises from the water and rushes at him, in a moment that had the entire audience screaming. It is at this moment that the screen cuts to black and the word “IT” appears on screen."