Why M. Night Shyamalan's career has died.

Tools    

Lord of all Fevers and Plague
IMO, the reason M. Night Shyamalan's career "has died", is because he was not meant to be a blockbuster director. He might have better luck being a cult-status writer/director.

Maybe it was Hollywood's pressure to make his movies more popular.

I can watch Unbreakable, Sixth Sense and Signs at least once a year.

Let's see what he does with The Last Airbender.

IMO, the reason M. Night Shyamalan's career "has died", is because he was not meant to be a blockbuster director. He might have better luck being a cult-status writer/director.

makes perfect sense

!he should use an alias and go cult! excellent

Alan Shyam Day...or sumt'n

Exactly!! well said.

the only reason why Sixth Sense became popular was coz of its ending...
& that's what people kept those expectation from his movie & that's when the word "Twist Ending" haunted is career...

I haven't hated any of his movies... Haven't seen the Mark Wahlberg movie though, is it any good?

Haven't seen the Mark Wahlberg movie though, is it any good?
The trailer of the Happening was great! but the movie itself was my personal least favorite of Shyamalan.
But give it a try though! you never know.

I don't think he is done. He is probably just working on something even more bizarre for his next film. I actually hope something works out for him soon.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
SPLIT (2017)

Maybe it was Hollywood's pressure to make his movies more popular
Well if he gives in to Hollywood pressure, he wasn't meant to be a cult-status writer/director.. but I don't think that's the case, he writes his own stuff.

"Split" looks like the most promising thing he's done in a while, maybe he knew he has to do something special now, that's what I'm hoping anyway

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I've watched everything from The Sixth Sense to The Happening. He lost me at Lady in the Water. Split does look promising.