The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is anyone else really, really tired? I'm just so fed up of being me. I'd give anything to not be me, even for just a little while, just a little break. I just turned 30. I've had numerous issues for much of my life but when I was younger I just kind of assumed they would somehow sort themselves out as I got older. Well that's not happened. I'm now 30 and I'm as bad as I've ever been. My life sucks right now, and I honestly can't see that changing anytime soon. It's starting to dawn on me that this may well just be me, this is how I'm going to be for the rest of my life. And truth be told, if that is the case, then I'm not sure I'm really interested in that.

JayDee, when you say that you're tired, do you mean that you're physically tired, or that you're mentally or emotionally tired of being you?

If you're physically tired, you should go to the doctor and find out what's causing it, but if you're just tired of being you, than there are ways to fix that. Figure out what's making you unhappy about yourself, and focus on changing it.

If you don't like your job, you're still young enough to go back to school and find a job that you like. If you're bored with the things you do in your free time, try doing some new things, and find something that makes you happy. If there's a hobby you enjoy, or even something that just sounds like fun, see if there are any clubs or leagues in your area. If you can find something that interests you and immerse yourself in it, that might help raise your spirits.

Hopefully your just stuck in a rut, but with a little bit of effort, you should be able to pick yourself up and get out of it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Is anyone else really, really tired? I'm just so fed up of being me. I'd give anything to not be me, even for just a little while, just a little break. I just turned 30. I've had numerous issues for much of my life but when I was younger I just kind of assumed they would somehow sort themselves out as I got older. Well that's not happened. I'm now 30 and I'm as bad as I've ever been. My life sucks right now, and I honestly can't see that changing anytime soon. It's starting to dawn on me that this may well just be me, this is how I'm going to be for the rest of my life. And truth be told, if that is the case, then I'm not sure I'm really interested in that.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
@ the Rat King

We need you here. The world needs people like you that have a kindness about them and a willingness to help others. Plus, not everyone has realized that Predator is one of the greatest movies of all time and I need you to help continue spreading the gospel.

@ Jaydee

I give you credit for sharing your thoughts. I am so intensely private, that I would probably never be able to. The main thing is to keep plugging along. Try to initiate a little bit of change. However long it takes, then something else.

I know I have made a lot of changes in my life and I am working on more since the new year. I don't make time for tv, movies, and video games like I use to. I do find myself being more productive, getting more tangible things done and being more at peace with myself.

Looks like I'm getting cognitive behavioural therapy and counselling at a mental health clinic.

Daily visits from the doctor have been stopped, but I still need to see the GP every week for updates.

And to think I was near sectioned last week after being refused help for the past decade.

@JayDee: See if your GP can point you toward the same people who I've been contacted with.
They're called The Primary Care Wellbeing Service, run by the NHS across the entire country.
Involves an telephone assessment for about an hour, then if needed, they organise appointments to see the right kind of doctor/therapist/psychologist.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Just wanted to say a quick thanks everyone for the comments, support, advice etc. And also all the offers to have me PM people if I want to chat anytime; if I took up all the offers I'd have time for nothing else! I do appreciate the advice people are attempting to give but in truth a lot of doesn't really apply to me I feel. Obviously people don't know all the specifics of my problems (except for Vicky and even she doesn't know everything I'm sure) so it's tough to give anything but general advice. I think people are perhaps assuming I maybe have troubles with my career or whatever; I'd almost love to have 'normal' problems along the lines. If I could get to that stage where my only issues were with not being totally satisfied with my job or heartbroken over a relationship ending then it would be great progress.

A lot of the advice people are giving (join clubs/leagues, seek out someone to talk to etc) is sound advice but not particularly easy for me. I'm not simply feeling down or depressed; I also suffer from social phobias and anxieties which make it a real struggle to communicate and interact with people. So going to a therapist or counselor or what have you, to get there first of all I have to overcome those anxieties. So before I can get help to get over my issues, I first need to get over the issues myself to get the help if you see what I mean. Over the years I've met with numerous individuals (therapists, doctors, nurses etc) but my luck seems utterly ***** and it always falls apart; I've had at least 4 people leave suddenly and unexpectantly for new jobs or new places to live, someone who retired early out of the blue etc etc.

Also sabotaging efforts at getting help for my mental issues now are the physical issues I've mentioned several times on here and have been suffering from for several years now. Issues that I still have no real answer for, whether it's something they've yet to identify or something psychosomatic after all the years of stress and worry.

@ Jaydee

I give you credit for sharing your thoughts. I am so intensely private, that I would probably never be able to.

It's not something I would generally do either. In fact I've never even really looked in this thread before. I just happened to be on the board and I was sitting there for ages thinking about checking out the latest additions to the favourite films lists of Miss Vicky and Camo, posting a new poster in my Poster a Day thread, checking out the Rate the Last Movie thread etc and I just could not for the life of me be bothered. It was just at the end of a bad day, at the end of a bad week, at the end of a bad year, at the end....well you get the idea

Just wanted to say a quick thanks everyone for the comments, support, advice etc. And also all the offers to have me PM people if I want to chat anytime; if I took up all the offers I'd have time for nothing else! I do appreciate the advice people are attempting to give but in truth a lot of doesn't really apply to me I feel. Obviously people don't know all the specifics of my problems (except for Vicky and even she doesn't know everything I'm sure) so it's tough to give anything but general advice. I think people are perhaps assuming I maybe have troubles with my career or whatever; I'd almost love to have 'normal' problems along the lines. If I could get to that stage where my only issues were with not being totally satisfied with my job or heartbroken over a relationship ending then it would be great progress.

A lot of the advice people are giving (join clubs/leagues, seek out someone to talk to etc) is sound advice but not particularly easy for me. I'm not simply feeling down or depressed; I also suffer from social phobias and anxieties which make it a real struggle to communicate and interact with people. So going to a therapist or counselor or what have you, to get there first of all I have to overcome those anxieties. So before I can get help to get over my issues, I first need to get over the issues myself to get the help if you see what I mean. Over the years I've met with numerous individuals (therapists, doctors, nurses etc) but my luck seems utterly ***** and it always falls apart; I've had at least 4 people leave suddenly and unexpectantly for new jobs or new places to live, someone who retired early out of the blue etc etc.

Also sabotaging efforts at getting help for my mental issues now are the physical issues I've mentioned several times on here and have been suffering from for several years now. Issues that I still have no real answer for, whether it's something they've yet to identify or something psychosomatic after all the years of stress and worry.

It's not something I would generally do either. In fact I've never even really looked in this thread before. I just happened to be on the board and I was sitting there for ages thinking about checking out the latest additions to the favourite films lists of Miss Vicky and Camo, posting a new poster in my Poster a Day thread, checking out the Rate the Last Movie thread etc and I just could not for the life of me be bothered. It was just at the end of a bad day, at the end of a bad week, at the end of a bad year, at the end....well you get the idea
Well I could give you the advice my Dad always gave me or anybody of my age group that had problems - join the service. The military will make you whole!

Seriously though, thats no help. This may sound like advice that crosses each other, but I just dont know you in real life to know which to suggest, so Ill suggest both. Maybe what you need is a group of friends that you havent met yet. If youre able, go to a small bar or church and hang out. If youre theology minded there are plenty of people that love to talk/argue the bible, and if not, its always good to chill at a pub (without overdoing it) and get a group of mates.

This wont solve your problems, but hopefully help you to be bigger than them. I live in Bradenton, Florida so if youre in the USA just PM me and Ill give you my #. Ill bs with you in text if youre able.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
@JayDee - I've had my share of personal issues and at times, I have felt that tired side as well. Things can get overwhelming at times as I have basically three jobs: my day job, a film blogger, and a divorced dad of four. I will say this, if you are able to get out of where you are in terms of a vacation, whether it is a week, weekend, or even just leave for the day to find yourself, from my experience it helps.

I felt extremely burnt out early last year and in March, I finally had the opportunity to go on my first vacation in seven years. I got to go to New York City on a solo trip and once I returned, I started to feel extremely better about myself because the trip gave me a chance to not think about any issues and just try to have a good time, which I did.

Life is definitely a roller coaster, there are always going to be ups and downs. The day I was divorced, I was at one of my lowest points and it was my brother who told me: things can only go up from there and despite some occasional bumps, I couldn't agree more.

I also like to use a Japanese term that also happens to be the name of a popular song: "Ashita ga aru sa" (There's always tomorrow). I've told some of my close friends this when they are down and they are grateful I can tell them this to help lift their spirits.

I near committed suicide this morning.

Stress of the past few weeks came to a head yesterday, and then today wasn't any better.
This morning I was on the kitchen floor, shaking like a leaf and on the brink of calling it a day.

Basically a breakdown like I had back in 2014 and 2007.

I'm now in touch with mental health professionals who have put me on watch, and are now calling to my home on a daily basis.
I've got weekly doctor appointments too, every Wednesday.

At least I'm finally getting some help.
Im PMing your ass right now

Well... been to the doctors...

Along with the mental help I'm getting... I'm now getting help from a neurologist because of the sporadic blackouts I suffer.
Sending me for scans soon... and I've been told until I get scanned and they find out what's wrong, I cannot operate machinery or drive.

Well... been to the doctors...

Along with the mental help I'm getting... I'm now getting help from a neurologist because of the sporadic blackouts I suffer.
Sending me for scans soon... and I've been told until I get scanned and they find out what's wrong, I cannot operate machinery or drive.
FGS get off the laptop Rodent .... NOW!!!!!

J/k, hope you get all sorted in time :imaginarywellintentionedmanhugemoji:

What is a Man Huge Moji? ^^
No idea but it's well intentioned

Yeah, Rodent, if you can't operate machinery, then... I feel bad for you.

The DVD player must be turned off.

No more Young Guns until they know what's causing your blackouts.

You still need to take your DVD player out the box and actually watch a movie

Have you seen any this year yet?
Pretty sure you never watched any last year.

Back in my Army days I needed something caffeinated to wake my ass up and give me energy through the very long days. As such I moved from Dr Pepper to energy drinks. Enter my drink of choice Red Bull.

Now I have tried to quit Red Bull on a few occasions. And I was successful for quite a while. I last quit Red Bull for the ingredients and to cut out the sugar that is in the drink. And I have never cared for the taste of Red Bull Zero or the Sugar free one.

Now they have released a Sugar free acai berry flavored Red Bull I learned about at my local Wal Mart. And they have a sugar free Limeade version.

Red Bull, I wish I could quit you.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Now I have tried to quit Red Bull on a few occasions. And I was successful for quite a while. I last quite Red Bull for the ingrediants and to cut out the sugar that is in the drink. And I have never cared for the taste of Red Bull Zero or the Sugar free one.

Red Bull, I wish I could quite you.
Given the highlighted spelling errors I get the feeling you may have been drinking something a bit stronger than Red Bull when you made this post.

But you're right, we all have something we wish we could quite.

Given the highlighted spelling errors I get the feeling you may have been drinking something a bit stronger than Red Bull when you made this post.

But you're right, we all have something we wish we could quite.
Bite me! Spelling error fixed.

Monster is better, but I had to quit(e) that because it has something in it that makes me manic.