American Gigolo, the crime drama that established the actor as a Hollywood leading man. The film feels like it single-handedly ushered in a new era of American culture; released in 1980, American Gigolo almost encapsulates the entire decade with its style, tone, and musical score.

Written and directed by Paul Schrader, featuring music written by Giorgio Moroder, and starring Gere, American Gigolo feels like a relic of a lost time, particularly when you consider what those three men — all of whom were at their prime in 1980.
i loved richard gere in this, since the beginning of the first scene in the car, it gave me the indication of the style and artistic look of this film, i felt like i lived in palm springs and LA in this film, captures the los angeles area very nicely and i like sunny movies and bright scenes.
lauren hutton is so hot in this, i felt very fond of her since watching this film.
american gigolo gives u this feeling of being lonely, paul shrader did a great job at creating this atmospheric feel for the whole film, u feel depressed when the film ends and i think it has a lasting appeal.
so what do you guys think about this movie, and does it capture the whole 80s feel and style?