Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

They mean the same thing bogus man!
Except one was actually clever. That was his whole point.

FYI, going forward I'm going to delete most of the nonsense in this thread. Most of the people in it are trying to have actual discussions. If you don't want to participate in those (and you don't), direct the silliness to one of the other threads.

‘All Talk, No Action,’ Trump Says in Attack on John Lewis, a Civil Rights Icon

Representative John Lewis is revered on Capitol Hill by Democrats and Republicans alike.

WASHINGTON — On Friday, Representative John Lewis, Democrat of Georgia, declared that he did not view Donald J. Trump as a “legitimate president.” Mr. Lewis, an icon of the civil rights movement, said he planned to boycott the inauguration, the first he will skip in three decades.

On Saturday, Mr. Trump hit back.

“Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results,” Mr. Trump said in a pair of early morning Twitter posts.

“All talk, talk, talk — no action or results,” he added. “Sad!”

While some, including David Axelrod, a former senior adviser to President Obama, said they were uncomfortable with Mr. Lewis’s assertion, Mr. Trump’s outburst drew indignation from many people who pointed out the unseemliness of attacking a civil rights leader on the eve of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Mr. Lewis was one of the original Freedom Riders, beaten by police officers while marching from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama.

Others ridiculed Mr. Trump’s characterization of Mr. Lewis’s district, which is majority African-American and encompasses three-quarters of Atlanta, as “horrible,” “falling apart” and “crime infested.” While Georgia’s Fifth Congressional District faces challenges typical of many urban areas, it also includes wealthy neighborhoods like Buckhead; the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and the Georgia Institute of Technology.

Some pointed out that fighting with Mr. Lewis distracted attention from a Senate investigation, announced the day before, that will look at possible contacts between Mr. Trump’s campaign team and Russia. In addition, Mr. Trump’s poll numbers have slipped into uncharted depths for an incoming president, with a Gallup poll released on Friday finding that about half of Americans disapprove of Mr. Trump’s transition effort. Some also noted that Mr. Trump had questioned the legitimacy of Mr. Obama’s presidency with false claims about his birthplace.

Mr. Trump’s feud with Mr. Lewis carried echoes of his attacks on Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the Pakistani-American parents of an American soldier killed in Iraq, after Mr. Khan spoke out against Mr. Trump at the Democratic National Convention. Those attacks were widely viewed to have backfired, and Mr. Trump later modulated his words about the Khans.

Mr. Lewis, who is 76 and was first elected to Congress in 1987, is one of the few genuinely historic figures on Capitol Hill, revered by Democrats and Republicans alike. Allies of Senator Jeff Sessions, Republican of Alabama and Mr. Trump’s nominee for attorney general, circulated pictures of him linking arms with Mr. Lewis at the 50th anniversary of the Selma march to fend off accusations that Mr. Sessions was a racist.

Nevertheless, Mr. Lewis testified against Mr. Sessions, declaring, “We need someone as attorney general who’s going to look out for all of us, and not just some of us.”

A few critics, including Mr. Axelrod, said they disagreed with Mr. Lewis’s statement that Mr. Trump was not legitimate, which he made in an interview with Chuck Todd of NBC News and which will be broadcast on “Meet the Press” on Sunday.

Still, Mr. Axelrod said of Mr. Lewis: “I honor the man he is. Honesty; integrity; courage — these are qualities you can’t buy.”

In his interview with Mr. Todd, Mr. Lewis said he believed that the Russians had delivered the election to Mr. Trump. “You know, I believe in forgiveness,” he said. “I believe in trying to work with people. It will be hard. It’s going to be very difficult. I don’t see this president-elect as a legitimate president.”

Mr. Lewis is one of a handful of Democratic members of Congress who have announced that they will boycott the inauguration on Friday. Others include Barbara Lee of California, Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, Katherine Clark of Massachusetts and Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...con/ar-AAlS0Fb

Welcome to the human race...
Except one was actually clever. That was his whole point.

FYI, going forward I'm going to delete most of the nonsense in this thread. Most of the people in it are trying to have actual discussions. If you don't want to participate in those (and you don't), direct the silliness to one of the other threads.
You'd think that the person whose posts in this thread were 90% reaction image would be better at recognising humour, but what do I know.

I, for one, welcome the lack of nonsense going forward.

William "Bill" Kristol is an American neoconservative political analyst and commentator. He is the founder and editor at large of the political magazine The Weekly Standard and a political commentator on several networks.

William "Bill" Kristol is an American neoconservative political analyst and commentator. He is the founder and editor at large of the political magazine The Weekly Standard and a political commentator on several networks.

To be fair John Lewis is at a disadvantage. He's not a dictator and he doesn't have dirt on Trump.

This dude straight-up does not understand how trade works.
I think a true self-made billionaire would. I found a clip where he said NATO was obsolete too, but held off posting it cause i was unsure of the source.

Interesting article in how they prepare the White House for incoming Presidents, and how fast....

From toothpaste to chandeliers: Move-in day at the White House is a 5-hour sprint

When Donald Trump walks into the White House for the first time as president on Jan. 20, his suits will be hanging in his closet, his personal photos will be displayed on perfectly placed tables, and his toothbrush will be near his favorite brand of toothpaste in his bathroom.

"The entire house has to be just the way the incoming family wants it," former White House chief usher Stephen Rochon said.

And nothing can be touched until the Obamas pull out of the White House driveway for the inauguration ceremony that same day.

"It's more like less than five hours," Rochon said. The retired rear admiral oversaw the Executive Mansion from 2007-2011, including the transition between President George W. Bush and President Obama in January 2009.

Rochon said he watched from the North Portico as the Bushes' limousine pulled away from the White House for the final time with Bush serving as commander in chief.

The Bush family was headed to watch Obama's swearing-in ceremony at the Capitol. And the White House residence staff was about to watch the mansion change before their eyes.

"Once I step inside the door on the State Floor, that’s when I give the signal and we go to action," Rochon said.

The White House 'becomes a beehive'

By "action," Rochon means an all-hands-on-deck execution of an intricately planned and timed move that would put HGTV flip shows to shame. All of the outgoing president's family's belongings must be carefully packed and moved out. All of the belongings of the incoming first family must be moved in and unpacked.

The rugs upon which Trump walks will be the ones his family has requested. The furniture upon which they sit will be the pieces they picked out — whether they are new or chosen from a warehouse of historic furniture used in the White House before.

While the Obamas clearly know it’s their last day living in the White House, extreme caution is taken to make sure the first family still feels at home. No one wants the outgoing president "to feel like they are kicked out of the house," Rochon said.

The house keys transfer at the same time as the job — when the new president is sworn into office.

"The outgoing president sees the house the way he always saw it," said Dean Mercer, a former Secret Service agent assigned to both President Clinton and President George W. Bush's details. The incoming president "walks in and everything that is his is there." Mercer says in the time in between, the White House "becomes a beehive."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...tjj?li=BBnb7Kz

I just learned something about Trump, that might not seem like a big deal, but to me it shows what kind of person he is, and isn't....

The Trumps do not have any pets. Almost every First Family has had pets in the White House. The only exceptions are James K. Polk and Andrew Johnson.

Something very cold about a person who can't love a pet. And every politician worth his salt knows a pic with the pet is good for votes.

Trump's favorability rating historically low, poll finds

http://http://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4b3?li=BBnb7Kz

^ I wont bother posting any of the article as the election showed us these Polls arent worth a damn.

imo

No doubt the result of responding to every criticism with "But Hillary!" That deflection isn't available any more, and people are looking at the actual policies.

It's kinda funny how many people have convinced themselves that this guy has some kind of tidal wave of support at his back, or that the election represents a vindication of him, his policies (such as they are), or his behavior. In reality, his approval ratings are low, he received a few million votes fewer than Hillary, and a sizable chunk of the people who did vote for him did it in spite of disapproving of him.

Trump won fair and square, but the idea that people approved of what he said or did (or said he'd do), or that there's some kind of thirst among the electorate for what he's selling, is downright goofy.

No doubt the result of responding to every criticism with "But Hillary!" That deflection isn't available any more, and people are looking at the actual policies.

It's kinda funny how many people have convinced themselves that this guy has some kind of tidal wave of support at his back, or that the election represents a vindication of him, his policies (such as they are), or his behavior. In reality, his approval ratings are low, he received a few million votes fewer than Hillary, and a sizable chunk of the people who did vote for him did it in spite of disapproving of him.

Trump won fair and square, but the idea that people approved of what he said or did (or said he'd do), or that there's some kind of thirst among the electorate for what he's selling, is downright goofy.
Yeah, he did win fair and square. Why I havent yammered about the Russia Hacking scandal is because theyve been doing this to us, and us to them, for years. Of course our news outlets wont promote this strongly, but the CIA knows this has, would, and will go on.

Electorial College, Im disappointed in it, and lost faith in it. It isnt flawless, but too many feel its superior to a majority of the citizens in the United States vote, then thats that. Its a federal vote, not a state vote, mumble grumble. If Hillary had won of course the talk would be MUCH different on social media right now. Conspiracy theories and outlandish accusations would be abound.

With Trump theres just so much you can draw from that its kinda overload already, and you cant be appalled by him anymore. Ive become desensitized to my President-elect.

Oh, and this was hardly a shocker. I wonder when they booked it they thought theyd be performing for Hillary?

I just learned something about Trump, that might not seem like a big deal, but to me it shows what kind of person he is, and isn't....

The Trumps do not have any pets. Almost every First Family has had pets in the White House. The only exceptions are James K. Polk and Andrew Johnson.

Something very cold about a person who can't love a pet. And every politician worth his salt knows a pic with the pet is good for votes.

Speaking of James Polk, Polk is the opposite of Trump. Trump wants to prevent Mexicans from coming into America. Polk sent Americans into Mexico.

Yeah, he did win fair and square. Why I havent yammered about the Russia Hacking scandal is because theyve been doing this to us, and us to them, for years. Of course our news outlets wont promote this strongly, but the CIA knows this has, would, and will go on.
Yes, hacking has been going on for quite some time, on both sides. Of course. The difference now that you're not appreciating was Russia's slow leaking of the hacks to stir up trouble for one candidate. That crossed the line, that is the "interference" that everyone is talking about. That should not be tolerated or waved off as business as usual.

Yes, hacking has been going on for quite some time, on both sides. Of course. The difference now that you're not appreciating was Russia's slow leaking of the hacks to stir up trouble for one candidate. That crossed the line, that is the "interference" that everyone is talking about. That should not be tolerated or waved off as business as usual.
Well of course theyre aiming the negativity towards whoever isnt their horse, thats the whole point. The US has done it too, and we support one side too. Meh! Distasteful stuff.

I really hope Trump would go thru some A Clockwork Orange therapy and change his view on "climate changing, global warming, whatever you want to call it were causing or accelerating our own destruction". Him still saying its a Chinese hoax chills me to the bone. Information will be given to him on this subject, indisputable facts, and he has already decided its all false beforehand. Aside from the actual fearful problem is that is how he goes into all problems he has stated a strong opinion on, even if he doesnt know whats really going on.

Kinda the worst case scenario in how I thought he'd handle the position. Damn I hope Trump proves me wrong. Yes, I am of the confidence level to where Im just clinging to "hope" itself. Bah! Im rambling.

I, for one, welcome the lack of nonsense going forward.
Where's your 'nonsense' when it's lies that unemployment is at 5%, Hillary had it in the bag, and Obama has some skewed favorability rating, sounds like Tongo is learning tho! Whoa

Final Countdown to the best President since Reagan!