2016 Mofo Film Awards - The Nominations

Tools    

So, on a scale from one to Sally Field, how badly did you cry, cause I was a straight up Sally Field.
haha. I didn't actually cry but it was pretty great. I think the other two Shinkai's i've seen were just as beautiful visually but their stories were meh.. this definitely delivered on both fronts.

I have a few movies pending. But is it just me, or is Zootopia the best movie of the year off animation and non-animation combined. And that came out in February!!! It might change, but in a year filled with more DC/Marvel meaningless drivel, hard to pick any other.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Why is Tongo posting in a thread from a user he has on ignore????

Anyways, adding The Forest, blah. The Boss.....blaaaaahhhh

I should look to more "critically accepted" films.

Suspect's Reviews

2016 was a bad year, even for films. Huge dropoff in quality compared to 2015, huge.
Feels like everything evens out year after year. Not saying there are not bad years but I think most years have a pretty even flow of good, mediicre, and bad. What are your top few of the last two years?

Welcome to the human race...
Due to distribution issues, I really am going to leave this list until the last minute. We don't even get Silence until mid-February.

Finding it hard to think of good noms for the surprise/disappointment categories.

My biggest problems are going to be most memorable scene because i'm not great at coming up with scenes that i love and deciding what is and isn't a supporting performance.

I'm holding off on sending a list until the very last moment. The deadline is March 1st (unless it's changed), I wish there was more time. I just checked and Arrival will be out on DVD release date is set for February 14, 2017.Hopefully I can get that and some more 2016 films watched.

Hm?! Im surprised most disagree. Thats why I shoulda used that "imo".

I havent seen alot of 2016 movies because there wasnt anything seemingly appealing. 2015 I think I made a point to see all the Best Picture noms, and a dozen or so more.

Binge watching all these great tv series takes up time yo' I got a good feeling for 2017 though.

Updated my list on page three with Moonlight in ninth place. Seen 28 now.

I was wondering what does everyone who has seen Moonlight think about the nominations here, i mean should each person who played Chiron at a different age count as a different supporting performance or what? There's only one that will be in consideration for me (along with someone who doesn't play Chiron) i'm just not sure if it should be for supporting or leading.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Updated my list on page three with Moonlight in ninth place. Seen 28 now.

I was wondering what does everyone who has seen Moonlight think about the nominations here, i mean should each person who played Chiron at a different age count as a different supporting performance or what? There's only one that will be in consideration for me (along with someone who doesn't play Chiron) i'm just not sure if it should be for supporting or leading.
Hard to say. Prior years I've gotten nominations for the same person from the same film in both categories.

I ultimately leave it up to the person nominating to decide where they think they should go.

If it becomes an issue with the amount of votes then that's a bridge to cross when we get there.

I'll wait to closer to the deadline to bring it up again and maybe some of the Moonlight fans will weigh in then. The guy who played Juan is defo getting a supporting nom from me anyway.

I've seen alot of the films i want to. Silence, Manchester By The Sea, The Edge of Seventeen, Moana and The Salesman would be perfect, although i'd like to see more than that obviously.