Your top 10 TV shows

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
It's really hard to limit it to only 10.

You gotta love Night Court because it's the title of the show, a description of what it's about, and it's exactly as funny as the thing it's named for.

Thanks for the responses on the mission impossible post.Im glad to hear the show is better than the movies Roy

Also I didnt really add anything documentary/discovery channel etc etc type of shows because thats usually not what people mean when they ask about type top 10 shows (irl that is)
but Scientology and the aftermath is defo top 3 for me.its my favourite at the moments-though i have a special interest in all cult-like things

Thanks for the responses on the mission impossible post.Im glad to hear the show is better than the movies Roy

Also I didnt really add anything documentary/discovery channel etc etc type of shows because thats usually not what people mean when they ask about type top 10 shows (irl that is)
but Scientology and the aftermath is defo top 3 for me.its my favourite at the moments-though i have a special interest in all cult-like things
I would recommend the first three seasons, as they have the best episodes and the classic cast members. When the second season rolls around, Peter Graves becomes head of the team for the remainder of the series. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Everything is executed perfectly and it's just so cool. The background score to the show is also great, one of the best TV show scores IMO, aside from the renowned theme music.

Roy, I seen you had Star Trek: The Next Generation on your list. Have you seen the other Star Trek TV series? Your thoughts on them?
I've seen the original Star Trek and the series that followed The Next Generation. Now while the original show was good and groundbreaking for its time, there were a number of episodes that were a little out there. Some scripts were just plain silly. Since it was the '60s, they could only do so much with the special effects, and more often than not they wound up looking cheesy. The highlight of the show was Mr. Spock.

When it came to the '80s reboot, I think they really improved on the episode quality. With improved technology/special effects, the range of things they could do became expanded. Thus allowing for better scripts. Less comical episodes and more serious ones.

As for the next Deep Space Nine, I personally didn't care much for the cast. They just didn't resonate with me. Also, everything was less about adventure, and more focused on drama. There were great shows, though some felt like a rehash of ideas from The Next Generation.

1 Doctor Who (classic mainly)
2 Buffy
3 The X Files
4 That 70s Show
5 The Avengers
6 Callan
7 Soap
8 Press Gang
9 Roseanne
10 Person of Interest

Truthfully there's bucketloads more I could list, like Seinfeld, One Foot in the Grave, Drop the Dead Donkey, the Brett Sherlock Holmes, the Hickson Miss Marple, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Young Ones, The Bill (pre-2002 anyway), Taggart...

1 Doctor Who (classic mainly)
2 Buffy
3 The X Files
4 That 70s Show
5 The Avengers
6 Callan
7 Soap
8 Press Gang
9 Roseanne
10 Person of Interest

Truthfully there's bucketloads more I could list, like Seinfeld, One Foot in the Grave, Drop the Dead Donkey, the Brett Sherlock Holmes, the Hickson Miss Marple, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Young Ones, The Bill (pre-2002 anyway), Taggart...
Ya know...I might switch Curb Your Enthusiasm on my list with That 70s Show. Forgot all about that one. Though the show really went downhill starting the 7th season.

Humm, golly gosh. Not in any order but ten television thingys I adore:

^ Bloody axed it after two series! arses.

The Returned(the original French series)

It's so silly but I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Lost Girl.

The same goes for Warehouse 13.

Waking The Dead

Fawlty Towers

Engrenages/Spiral

Another fan of Carnivale here.

The most loathsome of all goblins
1) Farscape
2) Angel
3) Xena: Warrior Princess
4) The Simpsons (seasons 1-8 only)
5) Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
6) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
7) The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
8) Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
9) The Addams Family (original B&W)
10) Cleopatra 2525

Honorable mentions: The Dick Van Dyke Show, Tales from the Crypt, The X-Files, Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: TNG, Robin of Sherwood, Gilmore Girls, The Wild Wild West, Legend of the Seeker, Jack Irish, The Munsters, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Scooby-Doo Where Are You, Cadfael, Sliders, Stargate SG-1, and The Flintstones, to name a few

1) Farscape
2) Angel
3) Xena: Warrior Princess
5) Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
6) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
7) The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
8) Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
9) The Addams Family (original B&W)
10) Cleopatra 2525

Honorable mentions: The Dick Van Dyke Show, Tales from the Crypt, The X-Files, Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: TNG, Robin of Sherwood, Gilmore Girls, The Wild Wild West, Legend of the Seeker, Jack Irish, The Munsters, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Scooby-Doo Where Are You, Cadfael, Sliders, Stargate SG-1, and The Flintstones, to name a few
Love Tales from the Crypt. I just like that category of shows. It's sort of like a more modern Night Gallery or something. Scooby Doo: Where Are You is my favorite cartoon, that and Woody Woodpecker. As a grown man, I still own the original Scooby series on DVD. They don't make em like that anymore. Good ol' Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Now we have the Wiggles.

Yah, it's garbage now. I can't think of it as one of my favourites now because i've seen so much of the awful Season 11 - present episodes that are never funny and rarely ever have an interesting plot. I'd cut it down to Season 2-7 as the best years then add 1 and 9 as very good years, with 10 as still a pretty funny season despite it's massive problems then everything after that is terrible for the most part.

Scooby Doo: Where Are You is my favorite cartoon, that and Woody Woodpecker. As a grown man, I still own the original Scooby series on DVD. They don't make em like that anymore. Good ol' Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Now we have the Wiggles.
There is nothing more relaxing and pleasant than Scooby-Doo Where Are You. I pop it in and I'm 8 years old again, it's nostalgia on steroids.

I would also recommend the Mystery Incorporated spinoff, one of the few more recent shows I'm quite fond of. It's very different in many ways, and certainly darker, but also pretty brilliant. Hands down the best incarnation since the original, although the first few episodes have some rocky characterization.

As for The Wiggles, I've been forced to watch it with my niece and it give me the creeps. Pure unadulterated nightmare fuel

Yah, it's garbage now. I can't think of it as one of my favourites now because i've seen so much of the awful Season 11 - present episodes that are never funny and rarely ever have an interesting plot. I'd cut it down to Season 2-7 as the best years then add 1 and 9 as very good years, with 10 as still a pretty funny season despite it's massive problems then everything after that is terrible for the most part.
Season 1 gets a bad rap, it's amazing except for that one retarded episode about the belly-dancer. It focuses more on character moments and sentiment over humor, which can be jarring if you're used to the later seasons. Season 2 has to be my favorite though, a lot funnier than season 1 but still had heart, something that got lost in the shuffle a few seasons later

There is nothing more relaxing and pleasant than Scooby-Doo Where Are You. I pop it in and I'm 8 years old again, it's nostalgia on steroids.

I would also recommend the Mystery Incorporated spinoff, one of the few more recent shows I'm quite fond of. It's very different in many ways, and certainly darker, but also pretty brilliant. Hands down the best incarnation since the original, although the first few episodes have some rocky characterization.

As for The Wiggles, I've been forced to watch it with my niece and it give me the creeps. Pure unadulterated nightmare fuelSeason 1 gets a bad rap, it's amazing except for that one retarded episode about the belly-dancer. It focuses more on character moments and sentiment over humor, which can be jarring if you're used to the later seasons. Season 2 has to be my favorite though, a lot funnier than season 1 but still had heart, something that got lost in the shuffle a few seasons later
Never seen Mystery Incorporated...though I remember another spin-off on a long time ago. I actually have some of the movies too, my favorites being The Boo Brothers and the zombie one.

Season 1 gets a bad rap, it's amazing except for that one retarded episode about the belly-dancer. It focuses more on character moments and sentiment over humor, which can be jarring if you're used to the later seasons. Season 2 has to be my favorite though, a lot funnier than season 1 but still had heart, something that got lost in the shuffle a few seasons later
The belly-dancer episode: Homer's Night Out is my least favourite of the first 8 seasons not counting the clip shows. Also not a big fan of Homer's Oddysey or The Call of the Simpsons though, which is 3/13 episodes. And i'd say Life On The Fast Lane, Moaning Lisa, Krusty Gets Busted and Bart The General are the only episodes i love from the Season. Season 2 is fantastic; probably the most consistent Season, The War of the Simpsons and Dancing Homer are the only two i don't like that much and even those two are better than the majority of what came after Season 8.

What is your favourite episode? I'd say mine is Homer The Heretic.

Season 4 is my favourite for the record.

Never seen Mystery Incorporated...though I remember another spin-off on a long time ago. I actually have some of the movies too, my favorites being The Boo Brothers and the zombie one.
Believe it or not there have been at least 9 spinoffs that I can think of from off the top of my head, Mystery Incorporated aired from 2010-2013. It has a more satirical slant, and later on an overarching story that's straight out of H.P. Lovecraft. It might be up your alley or it might not, but I really like it.

Anyway, I loved Zombie Island as a kid, still have it on VHS. The movies they made after it aren't as good though.
What is your favourite episode? I'd say mine is Homer The Heretic.
It's a tough decision, but I'd have to go with A Milhouse Divided.
Season 4 is my favourite for the record.
A great choice, so many classic episodes.

A Milhouse Divided is excellent. I don't like Season 8 as much as 2-7 anymore but that's definitely one of the best and "can i borrow a feeling?" is the first thing that comes to mind there haha. Love Kirk drawing dignity to make a point and Homer going "That's dignity?" as well haha. Great ep.

I will have to do a top 12 list for this. So I will hold off.
It's ok....just post your top 12 then.