Gene Wilder, ‘Willy Wonka’ Star and Comedic Icon, Dies at 83

Tools    

*deep exhale* Just saw this.

I don't know why, but this one doesn't really surprise me...I'm actually surprised that the man lived as long as he did. If you ask me, he seemed to have lost a lot o his will to live and to work after Gilda died...his brief return to television as Will's boss , Mr. Stein, on Will & Grace was terribly sad and showcased that the actor was only a shell of what he once was. The gifted star of The Producers, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and Blazing Saddles was one of the most gifted comic actors in the business, confirmed finally by his perfect performance in the 1974 classic Young Frankenstein, a performance that students of film comedy should study. A one-of-a-kind actor who will be missed and has earned this rest...RIP Mr. Wilder.

see you soon mr wilder!
your movies will never be forgotten among videophiles

you are respected and liked!

I send you a prayer.

As a card-carrying member of the Gene Wilder Fan Club in the 1970s, an owner of the original vinyl soundtrack for Young Frankenstein, and three full scrapbooks of ticket stubs, newspaper and magazine article clippings, and signed photos of the man, I am just going to go crawl into a corner and cry over having lost the last bit of my childhood today.

I absolutely LOVE this photo of him here...he looks really sexy here.

The Adventure Starts Here!
he seemed to have lost a lot o his will to live and to work after Gilda died...his brief return to television as Will's boss , Mr. Stein, on Will & Grace was terribly sad and showcased that the actor was only a shell of what he once was.
Actually, he was quite happy in his later years. He remarried and considered Karen the big love of his life. They were married 25 years. But he really never cared for the direction Hollywood was headed and retired, preferring his quiet life in New England with his books (he wrote several short novels) and alone-time with his wife.

So no, it wasn't despair or anything like it that allowed him to retire. He didn't need the money or fame and just wanted a quiet life.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I absolutely LOVE this photo of him here...he looks really sexy here.
Yeah, it's obviously one of my favorites too. The hair was perfect. Loved the outfit from the movie. He was at the height of his looks... and of course, the personalization to me doesn't hurt, either.