Power Rangers (2017)

Tools    

To be fair, according to your profile you are 37 which means you were 14 when Mighty Morphin just started. Of course you always found it unwatchable, all of my friends loved it but i don't know a single one that didn't think it was stupid by the age of 8; it wasn't really meant for 14 year olds.
I was joking – I didn't think too much about how old I was when it was on but thanks for reminding me .

It is interesting how you look back on things though. I remember seeing a clip of Wizbit a few months ago and I couldn't believe how awful it looked. Rose-tinted glasses there, clearly.

To be fair, according to your profile you are 37 which means you were 14 when Mighty Morphin just started. Of course you always found it unwatchable, all of my friends loved it but i don't know a single one that didn't think it was stupid by the age of 8; it wasn't really meant for 14 year olds.
You should watch Samurai Flamenco to see how big Super Sentai is in Japan.

Power Rangers though is an American show that uses Japanese super-hero shows as raw material. I don't know how much of the original shows' has been preserved but apparently it's common for adults in Japan to be fans of stuff like super-sentai just as it is common among Anglophones to be fans of Batman.

http://kotaku.com/i-cant-decide-if-s...err-1503049913

I'm talking specifically about the show Power Rangers not the whole genre. Even though i wouldn't watch them myself i could imagine certain adults being fans of zord fighting type shows. I'm saying everybody over the age of 8 thinks Power Rangers is stupid because of the dialogue, the japanese stock footage, the music, the power rangers somersaulting in to fight people, the putty patrol, those two cheesy bullies, the stories, etc.

Obviously some adults will still be fans of Power Rangers i was speaking generally that most kids outgrow Power Rangers at a very young age and if they get back into it it is usually because they find it so bad and stupid that it is hilarious.

I'm talking specifically about the show Power Rangers not the whole genre. Even though i wouldn't watch them myself i could imagine certain adults being fans of zord fighting type shows. I'm saying everybody over the age of 8 thinks Power Rangers is stupid because of the dialogue, the japanese stock footage, the music, the power rangers somersaulting in to fight people, the putty patrol, those two cheesy bullies, the stories, etc.

Obviously some adults will still be fans of Power Rangers i was speaking generally that most kids outgrow Power Rangers at a very young age and if they get back into it it is usually because they find it so bad and stupid that it is hilarious.
Godzilla was entertaining for similar reasons – I particularly liked the one where he launched himself at a monster and was actually flying through the air on his back .

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So is she the Green Ranger? Is that how they are changing it up?

Suspect's Reviews

power rangers doesn't work without a little 90s cheese XD

So is she the Green Ranger? Is that how they are changing it up?
No she's Rita Repulsa but apparently there's some kind of connection with the Green Ranger which explains her green outfit.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
No she's Rita Repulsa but apparently there's some kind of connection with the Green Ranger which explains her green outfit.
I know she is Rita, but my question is are they making her a former Ranger as well. Changing the story, making it more personal.

I know she is Rita, but my question is are they making her a former Ranger as well. Changing the story, making it more personal.
Oh, interesting. Yeah, maybe that's the idea.

I really don't see the Power Rangers in that teaser trailer. What I remember the Power Rangers got their powers from their suits and that stone/gem thing they had, and and they could do martial art. But in this movie it looks like they themselves got powers no matter if they got their suit on or not.

I really don't see the Power Rangers in that teaser trailer. What I remember the Power Rangers got their powers from their suits and that stone/gem thing they had, and and they could do martial art. But in this movie it looks like they themselves got powers no matter if they got their suit on or not.
Perhaps that's just through proximity to the stones or exposure once they have them? I'm getting right into it as you can tell .

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I'm both a Power Ranger and Super Sentai fan and while certain things in terms of superheroes work, I do see this as potential to perhaps gain a new fanbase.

I personally do like how this looks, even with the serious tone. A true 21st Century version.

I'm both a Power Ranger and Super Sentai fan and while certain things in terms of superheroes work, I do see this as potential to perhaps gain a new fanbase.

I personally do like how this looks, even with the serious tone. A true 21st Century version.
I love it when things are reinvented like this. I was actually thinking today about remakes and thinking that they should have remade Krull instead of Clash of the Titans; saying that, I bet the original would still be better, but I think Krull would lend itself a lot more to a gritty take on the material.

For what age is this movie for ?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
They're looking for a young adult audience as well as the now adult fans of the original. This one is more serious in nature.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I wondered how much humor would be involved. Then it dawned on me. Elizabeth Banks is primarily known as a comedic/ light hearted actor. Cranston is great with deadpan. This really seems to be shaping up as a blockbuster.