Steven Spielberg

Tools    

Originally Posted by Mark
Fav: Hard to choose from these: Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Close Encounters of the Third Kind........but I'll choose Raiders.

Worst: Hard to choose from these: 1941, A.I., The Lost World, but I'll choose Lost World
So, you liked Hook then?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Favorite: Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T., Catch Me If You Can

Least Favorite: Jaws, The Lost World

Yeah, I've never liked it. I don't know what it is I just don't enjoy it. Maybe because of its age or maybe something else, it just never scared me.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Yeah, I've never liked it. I don't know what it is I just don't enjoy it. Maybe because of its age or maybe something else, it just never scared me.

It just shocks me that's all. The reason why is because I have never met anyone eho didn't like it but.....it's alright. No big deal. "Different strokes for different folks" as the saying goes.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Revenant
I was so happy, that even with all their silly re-writing of their own movie history in recent years (digital walkie talkies instead of guns in E.T., Greedo shooting first and the rest of the horrid changes in the so-called "special editions" of the original Star Wars trilogy) that Stevie Spielberg and Georgie Lucas did NOT change the title of the movie on the film itself. Yes, the box art for the new DVDs and such has that unweildy and ridiculous title, but on the flick itself, the integrity of the original Raiders of the Lost Ark was allowed to stand as is. I was so nervous that when I popped in that DVD it was going to be otherwise, but alas, clearer heads prevailed - for once anyway.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
So, you liked Hook then?
I was entertained by Hook. I wasn't entertained by 1941, Lost World, or A.I.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by jrs
Hey, 1984 is the a film that I haven't seen. I should catch it. Hmmm?
Try catching 1941 while you're at it. That's the film I was talking about.

I think 1941 is probably Speilberg's weirdest movie. Still pretty funny though.