Looking for a Dinosaur cartoon from 80's/90's

Tools    

I've been searching everywhere for the name of this cartoon I saw 20 years ago (including going through all the animated movies on IMDB from 70's/80's/90's...to no avail).
I remember seeing it come on a couple of times on Saturday morning in the early 90's. It might have been 30 minutes long, but I think it was a cartoon special, like an hour long. It had a boy that traveled back in time (or his city transformed into a dinosaur city, as if dinosaurs hadn't died out, maybe a parallel universe thing). I think he may have been turned into a dinosaur boy too. There was a dinosaur scientist and something like a portal he had to get to in time before it closed forever.
I have had _no_ luck finding this one. Searched on youtube, google searches for different key words, looked at every dinosaur cartoon by plot keywords searches on IMDB. If anyone can help me find the name of this one, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for looking into it. "We're Back" was really close to this cartoon that I saw and I actually came across it on a search looking for plot keywords, but it's not the same thing. The production values were lower on the one I'm looking for, like it was made for TV. "Adventures in Dinosaur City" isn't it because it's live action, but the unknown one was a cartoon. I think it might have been made for ABC or NBC's saturday morning cartoons..if that helps anyone.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs!
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" or "Extreme Dinosaurs" either. I've gotten a little closer in identifying what it might be. There were these Saturday morning cartoons on the ABC Weekend Special and CBS Storybreak. There are some episode listings on wikipedia for the ABC special. One of them, The Bunjee Venture, when I looked it up on youtube seems to have some of the same plot elements of the one that I'm looking for. Kids go into time machine to dinosaur era, get a creature friend, etc. But it's not it..the sequel's description for Return of the Bunjee isn't it either. I'm fairly certain now that the cartoon was one of these one-off single-Saturday cartoons for one of these network make-a-cartoon-out-of-a-popular-children's-book shows.The episode listings on IMDB and wiki for both of the above-mentioned networks seem to be missing some episodes from the latter seasons, but I'll have to look around some more.

Age of the Great Dinosaurs (1979)

Anime Details | Review

Also known as ''Daikyouryu no Jidai'', it aired as a TV special during the 80s/90s in the US/UK. Some of the elements you've described are in there, not all. Anyway, it's an interesting anime with a strong environmental message too. Just thought I'd mention it

I'll have to check out that anime. I've run into a brickwall it seems (looking on my own..) for it. I'm been looking for an online old TV guide listing site that would show what was on TV on saturday mornings so I could browse through and find what was on TV then. The closest thing that I could find was TVtango but they only show the prime time block for the major networks and sometimes some of the shows that weren't in that timeslot. But they don't have listings for any other times, including Saturday mornings. But I'm pretty sure that the majority of cartoons shown on Saturday mornings were nationally syndicated at certain timeslots (i.e., I'm not looking for something impossible. Local broadcasters did have some leeway as to what was shown on non-primetime times, but the cartoons should have been the same pretty much all over the country.) I'll keep looking..

It's called the "amazing bunjee venture" and it's a part of ABC weekend specials.

There's actually a YouTube video on it as well, and a DVD was released.

I'd post a link but the site won't let me.

John

Maybe Denver, the Last Dinosaur?

So glad I at least found one other person looking for this special. I have no idea of the name, but maybe I can add some info if I am thinking of the same cartoon. It was certainly on in the 90's, I believe on CBS or NBC, but I am not sure about that. The plot as I recall began with the boy waking up and realizing he is a dinosaur. Also, I believe the dinosaur had taken up residency in the boy's body and world. The town he is in is similar to his own, just with dinosaurs. I believe he has to cooperate with a dinosaur scientist to try and get home, but I never saw the second half so I do not know for sure. In addition I can say he looked like dudley the dinosaur from the American Dental Association Commercials. That is to say, sorta of trex like, but obviously a cartoon, so its ambiguous, maybe orange in color as well, but that may be wrong. Also, it is not bunjee, the animation was cleaner and newer. It is not Adventures in dinosaur city as it was totally animated. It is not We're back, as it was a saturday morning special, and a one off at that, so it was not any series that have been guessed. Hopefully this shakes something loose for someone out there.

The Double Disappearance of Walter Fozbek.

Yes! Yes! I know what you mean , I've seen it and I remember .Vaguely, I remember them eating chocolate chip pancakes, and I would order that just because of that movie cartoon . Did you ever find the name of it?

Nevermind thats the one Walter Fozbeck

The Land Before Time ?